How do i tell if a 94-95 topps finest card is refractor?

these are not like the original refractors of earlier topps finest. i have chris webber cards, same number on back, same card but one has patterns etched into the silver back ground and the other doesnt. would this be refractor?

another way to tell them apart is to look at them in indirect light. The non-refractor will be brighter than the refractor.

so what are the cards with the etching into the back ground.. same sa standard card but has etching in it?

they're embossed refractors if they have the etching in the background, I have a few of them to show you if need be.

Some of the cards will have refractor in fine print on the back or an R with a circle around it somewhere on the back.

Hope this helps.

they're embossed refractors if they have the etching in the background, I have a few of them to show you if need be.

Some of the cards will have refractor in fine print on the back or an R with a circle around it somewhere on the back.

Hope this helps.

94-95 didn't have embossed though, they started in 97-98. I think he needs to put up scans really because other than it being one of the collegiate best cards (but he says it's the same card number) I'm stumped. Unless he has the wrong year...

94-95 didn't have embossed though, they started in 97-98. I think he needs to put up scans really because other than it being one of the collegiate best cards (but he says it's the same card number) I'm stumped. Unless he has the wrong year...
i have coreect year as i opened the boxes my self 94-95 so they must have started before 97 as the scan will show it certainly looks and feels etched to me... if it isnt refractor what is it?

webber 001.jpg

It's definitely a printing error - the topps logo is upside down at the top... ie it's been printed on over the top by mistake. Never seen anything like that so that's cool! Not a refractor though

It's definitely a printing error - the topps logo is upside down at the top... ie it's been printed on over the top by mistake. Never seen anything like that so that's cool! Not a refractor though
looking at the cards again they have print upside down of other players but with no colour

i also pulled a fairly rare MJ scoring kings i think its called (lightning back ground) from a skybox premium pack BV$80 1:36 packs and also 2 iron man inserts from one pack of finest... Robinson and Malone as well as 6 marathon men from other packs

---------- Post added 17-11-2010 at 06:09 PM ----------

and a blue MJ and shaq draft night cards from hot prospects

i also pulled a fairly rare MJ scoring kings i think its called (lightning back ground) from a skybox premium pack BV$80 1:36 packs and also 2 iron man inserts from one pack of finest... Robinson and Malone as well as 6 marathon men from other packs

---------- Post added 17-11-2010 at 06:09 PM ----------

and a blue MJ and shaq draft night cards from hot prospects

Sounds like a fun break - and a great pull on the MJ - that's an extremely popular card that I wouldn't mind buying off you...

Sounds like a fun break - and a great pull on the MJ - that's an extremely popular card that I wouldn't mind buying off you...
lol i dont really sell many cards i have a few MJ inserts here. im gonna go thru all my commons and list some up tho as i have boxes of them everywhere... big boxes too not card boxes

if you have either of the ewing inserts from that finest set (cornerstone #CS3 and Lettery Prize #LP1) plus the following base cards #258 Jalen Rose Collegiate Best and detlef schrempf (don't know the number)lmk know via pm or here and we can maybe work something out.

Yeah they are definately printing errors. Nice cards though!

To answer your original question, the refractors have a rainbow type effect when held up to the light. Once you've seen one it's very easy to tell if you have one. And they don't have any type of distinguishing mark on the back either - no R or the word refractor on the back - they didnt start doing this until future years.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom