High-end send back to Oz, Comc- GSP - MMB etc

boosta

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Clem
eBay User
clemboy76
Will like to know from members, any of your high-end purchases (for me > than usd$1k but for my example is usd$4k a white whale), seller only does eBay global shipping program which I don't trust.

I have asked for Dhl express, FedEx and USPS global express guaranteed but seller is admanant on GSP or us addy.

Do you
1) pass on the card ( I have not seen card on eBay for > 2 years)
2) comc or MMB?

My most expensive card sent to MMB was US$500 and a photo request takes about 4 days.
I have not used COMC yet to receive cards.

Any advice is appreciated.

I am happy to overpaid if I don't have to keep looking out for the card.

Cheers
Clem

My high end is $80! lol

Any risk with postage delivery isn't going to be mitigated via comc or MMB imo. The big risk as an ebay seller si with dodgy buyers and historically speaking he risk is always with the buyer saying cards haven't been received. I'm not sure what the ebay global seller platform offers in terms of protection to the seller but dare say you have enough leverage as there can't be too many bidders for a $1k to $4k card!

If I were you I'd just buy a few high end cards and fly to the USA to collect them in hand! ...I'd be happy to do it for you, just subsidise my flights and I'll bring it home in a custom made briefcase handcuffed to my wrist!

I think the global shipping program is no good for high end stuff as i think they declare full value meaning you'll have to pay import taxes when it reaches customs, import taxes on a 4k card??? Forget it!!

If I were you I'd just buy a few high end cards and fly to the USA to collect them in hand! ...I'd be happy to do it for you, just subsidise my flights and I'll bring it home in a custom made briefcase handcuffed to my wrist!

I keep that offer of yours in mind :).

I think the global shipping program is no good for high end stuff as i think they declare full value meaning you'll have to pay import taxes when it reaches customs, import taxes on a 4k card??? Forget it!!

I read that it is import tax by Pitney Bowes and then our customs import taxes so double charges!

I did not end up getting the card but good to know the options.

send it to comc and pay for the best shipping you can, no issues with comc here, been using it 3+ years

EDIT: My most expensive card would only be around the $500 though, not 4k!! :)

Last edited:
Am I able to adjust customs value on COMC like mymallbox? Apologies for being a COMC noob.

Yes you can. I did it and it still got pulled up by customs so i just sent them a copy of the shipping page of COMC which showed $0 (because it was COMC mailbox) against each card and they cleared it.

Back
Top Bottom