Hey Everyone, Newbie From Melbourne

Vince

Dwade Collector
Real Name
Vince
Hello all,

Hope all is well with everyone.

I stumbled across these boards by accident, BUT I'm glad I did as there is definately a sense of community here (more so then on other forums!).

Ok, a quick introduction (feels like first day of prep)

My name is Vince and I reside here in Melbourne.

Collected basketball cards heavily during the early 90's and stopped late 94-95. Not sure why I stopped, could be due to puberty or simply I ran out of money!! :( All I remember is that late 90's I got really hooked onto the WWF/WWE due to Stone Cold's feud with McMahon!! (YES! I'm over it now)

I got back into the hobby this past May as I was packing up to move into my a new place, I found a box of shoes (no not shoes ladies) I mean a few shoe boxes of cards! Going through them I started to remember the good old days of buying packs and pulling cards of various players I followed. Even base card of my fav. players (no inserts) I was still in awe of just pulling them.

How the Hobby has changed since I left it. It's simply amazing on the amount of different types of cards there are now. When I first heard about Game Used cards, I was thinking "cards that players had on them during games!", but quickly I learnt that wasn't the case #-o . Also what happened to the good old days of walking into your local Target and Kmart stores to buy basketball cards!

Anyway, I am a big Miami Heat fan and collect Dwyane Wade cards (I'm sure that was already obvious).

I also enjoy breaking boxes and sure to have cards (old & new) that would be up for trade with anyone that's interested.

Hope to get to know as many of the board members as possible.

Thank you for viewing!

Best regards,
Vince

Yeah, damn i just checked out the "little" wade PC, thats huge mate, heaps of nice wades in there.

That's about the story most of us have actually lived through! I know that includes me. Nice intro, welcome and you'll fit in well here by the looks of it :)

hows it goin mate , welcome aboard i'm sure u can build on your pc from here and i've seen a couple of guys around here buyin up some wwe cards aswell anyway happy tradin

welcome vince, that was a very nice intro and am sure you will find stacks of cards and heaps of trades you can do :D

EDIT: Dayam thats some nice Wade ... woooeeee..... that 3/9 black xfractor 04/05 finest gotta be my fave hehe

G'day Vince i am sure you will enjoy your time on this forum, and ya not wrong this hobbie has changed heaps since the 90s. Just checked out you wade pc, damn that is a sweet collection you got there.

hey Vince the flash LOL welcome to this site and yeah its hell of wade's collection u've got there, good job man..

anyway hope u'll have fun and enjoy your time

Hi and welcome to the site, i just check out ur PC it was awesome!! Must take lots effect!! WD!!

Thank you all for the very warm welcome! *much appreciated*

Once I get all the old cards organised, maybe I can then get some trades happening!

linjue0622, JZA, R3vival: thanks for your comments with regards to my wades *glad you liked them*...slowly building a decent collection (I hope)

The Truth, vladlevinsky: thanks guys, yeah I'm glad people here would relate to the intro in some way!! Looks like I found a great community here ;)

wolvesjr34: when I saw the 3/9 black xfractor I just knew I had to have it! I see you are collecting JR Rider, I'll have a look @ what I have to help you reach 300!!

andrew3134: hey Andrew, thanks for the fav. comments towards my wade collection. The hobby has changed so much and now getting cards graded is the norm. I wonder what is the best way to send cards to Beckett for grading. I have a few I would love to grade, but am too scared they might get lost in the mail!

scottsophie: thanks for the welcome man, Malvern Town Hall card show - now that sounds good. You wouldn't know when the next one is would u? Also was wondering did you purchase a few JR Smiths off me on ebay last week?

Rogerbid23: thanks for the welcome, with the wades, alot of effort and unfortuantely $$ :(

Got to get back to work now....

Have a great Friday all!!

Best regards,
Vince

Welcome Vince, great intro mate. I found your first impression of what GU cards were rather funny. :lol:
Hope you enjoy your time and pick up some nice cards here.

welcome to the forum Vince, it's a nice intro, i am second time collector myself.. been out of collecting world for 7 yrs...

great to have u back..

i am also from Melbourne.

have a great time here.

Back
Top Bottom