Not open for further replies.

hodgie

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Craig
eBay User
chodges75
Hi everyone,

After my discussion about what people would pay for a set of heritage cards, I have spoken with the guy I deal with and he is interested in selling ten (10) sets of heritage cards.

This set also includes the signed card of Keith Miller. These cards were signed by Keith after the signing of other sporting memorabilia. For any concern persons I will ensure that a COA is provided, provenance can also be supplied.

Please note that I am only acting as an agent for the guy, the feedback from some knowledgable OCT members think that this set is very valuable and the price below is reasonable.

So..... each set delivered via registered post will cost $1125.

Remember that there are only ten sets and the guy has informed me that he will wait until Monday 20 before speaking to his regular retailers.

I have asked him to sell to OCT members as we are true and pure collectors, hence the reason why he has reduced the price from an intial $1200 no postage asking price.

If you are interested, please PM me and we can go from there.

thanks,

Craig

Hi everyone,

After my discussion about what people would pay for a set of heritage cards, I have spoken with the guy I deal with and he is interested in selling ten (10) sets of heritage cards.

This set also includes the signed card of Keith Miller. These cards were signed by Keith after the signing of other sporting memorabilia. For any concern persons I will ensure that a COA is provided, provenance can also be supplied.

Please note that I am only acting as an agent for the guy, the feedback from some knowledgable OCT members think that this set is very valuable and the price below is reasonable.

So..... each set delivered via registered post will cost $1125.

Remember that there are only ten sets and the guy has informed me that he will wait until Monday 20 before speaking to his regular retailers.

I have asked him to sell to OCT members as we are true and pure collectors, hence the reason why he has reduced the price from an intial $1200 no postage asking price.

If you are interested, please PM me and we can go from there.

thanks,

Craig

are these numbered sets or 'player' sets?

hhmmm the player sets are rarer... only 200 of them compared to the numbered of 500?!

are these numbered sets or 'player' sets?

Hi kids, just an update to let you know that there are some players sets in amonst the ten sets avaliable. I am going to get my set on saturday so if you want one better get in quick.

thanks,

Craig

Is this the same as the set described here

Of course you know it is mate, but as a noob I will give you the benefit of the doubt... Blind freddy could see the point you are trying to make, please remove your thread or I will ask admin too :D

From the administrator of the site ;)

We have had some instances of late where people have listed items for sale, only to have someone post negatively either about the price, product being sold or about the way the item is listed/being sold.

This is what could be called "white anting" - where someone undermines the chances of selling an item by making a comment.

I have decided that from now, any such posts regarding a thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum will be removed and the person warned. This place is as much a sellers forum as a buyers forum, and people should be allowed to list their items without being undermined by other members.

DO NOT POST IN OTHERS BUY/SELL/TRADE POSTS UNLESS IT IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO MAKING AN OFFER TO TRADE, BUY OR SELL THE ITEMS LISTED.

Please ask if you are unsure or wish to clarify.

Graham

Making positive comments or asking genuine questions are tolerated :)

Of course you know it is mate, but as a noob I will give you the benefit of the doubt... Blind freddy could see the point you are trying to make, please remove your thread or I will ask admin too :D

From the administrator of the site ;)

Making positive comments or asking genuine questions are tolerated :)

Wow, it would seem that there has been a bit of fun while I have been at work. Hi Rob, yes mate the cards are the same to answer your question. i am gussing that you possibly feel that these are a rip off.

You are entitled to your opinion, for those whom have dealt with me on ebay or oct will know that i am far from a rip off. This thread was genuinely created to offer anyone a chance to purchase these cards through a guy i deal with. He does not care whether he sells them or not as he will put them on bats, mat them up and sell them individually or in groups. eg captains, 48's and one test wonders.

I would prefer these sets to be kept as are and not broken up, any collector worth their salt would agree.

So rob, i take that you are not interested in a set?????

Thanks Liam, true gentleman.

Hodgie if anything he is just pointing out the fact that 12 months ago I was giving away these sets and fair to say I would not offer them at the same price as what I did then!!

The prices you are quoting here are extremely reasonable, in fact for everyone's knowledge I PM'd Hodgie before he posted this thread to tell him what I sold 2 of these sets for 12 months ago and the fact I thought in the current market these sets were easily worth $1000+. The market in the last 12 months has shifted, simple as that. I also told him I bought a "player" set through Leski auction house about 9 months ago for about $1100 so the price is very realistic, and the first numbered set I bought was back in 2000 or 2001 and I paid $900. And as Hodgie said, if you aren't interested then that is fine by him......noone is holding a gun to anyone's head to have to buy one. The set has 11 of the Invincibles autos in it, and there are about 16 players who have since passed away, making it a very unique set and one which can never be repeated.

It should also be remembered these are not Hodgie's prices, they are offered through an associate. I have found through numerous dealings of my own in recent times that cricket card collecting can be a funny fickle business where some high-end collectors that I know do not wish to be identified or involved in the sale or trade process at all and i have acted as the middle man and sold a number of high-end cards on behalf of others where the seller has specifically asked to remain anonymous to the buyer. Whether you like it or not sometimes that is just the way it is, and you either accept it, or don't buy the cards and miss out.

Good luck with the sales Hodgie, anyone who has dealt with you (as I have and many others on here have) knows you are as genuine and honest as there is on this site and in the hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom