DaveKD

OzCardTrader
Real Name
David
eBay User
boo_boo_2323
COMC User
booboo2323
Hi guys, I'm an NBA fan on here, but was seeing if there are any coin collectors or experts on here who could potentially help with the value of these. Thanks!
IMG-20230723-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20230723-WA0001.jpg

Howdy, I'm familiar with coins.

The coin in the photo worth the most is the round Australian 50c, which is 80% silver and weighs around 13 grams giving it a bullion value of around $13, however it may sell for more.

I think the rest of the coins are mainly UK copper-nickel coins, not silver, however it's worth checking the dates and a coin catalogue like en.numista.com to confirm this, as I can't make out the dates that well. You can type any of the text you see on the coin into numista and most likely find the coin in the catalogue without needing an account.

There are some UK decimal coins in there, and the older ones may be worth a dollar or two each. The pennies are mostly collected by year, so it's worth looking up the dates in the online catalogue as there could be some scarce dates. Some of the pennies in order of value from most to least may be Queen Victoria (1890's), Edward VII (1900's) and George V (1910's era), George VI (1940s-1950s) and Queen Elizabeth. Sometimes it gets confusing as both UK, Australian and New Zealand coins will have the UK monarch on them.

There also looks like a few medallions, like an Ashes coin from a promotion I can see in the bottom left area. It might be worth checking out the coin fourth along in the second last row, I'm not sure but it could be a UK territory like Jersey, however I'm not sure.

Cheers Will

Last edited:
Howdy, I'm familiar with coins.

The coin in the photo worth the most is the round Australian 50c, which is 80% silver and weighs around 13 grams giving it a bullion value of around $13, however it may sell for more.

I think the rest of the coins are mainly UK copper-nickel coins, not silver, however it's worth checking the dates and a coin catalogue like en.numista.com to confirm this, as I can't make out the dates that well. You can type any of the text you see on the coin into numista and most likely find the coin in the catalogue without needing an account.

There are some UK decimal coins in there, and the older ones may be worth a dollar or two each. The pennies are mostly collected by year, so it's worth looking up the dates in the online catalogue as there could be some scarce dates. Some of the pennies in order of value from most to least may be Queen Victoria (1890's), Edward VII (1900's) and George V (1910's era), George VI (1940s-1950s) and Queen Elizabeth. Sometimes it gets confusing as both UK, Australian and New Zealand coins will have the UK monarch on them.

There also looks like a few medallions, like an Ashes coin from a promotion I can see in the bottom left area. It might be worth checking out the coin above the French Polynesia coin in the bottom row, I'm not sure but it could be a UK territory like Jersey, however I'm not sure.

Cheers Will
Thanks Will, this post was from ages ago, forgot about it, but will dig them out and have a look, really appreciate the reply :)

Back
Top Bottom