Hand Signed Cards

mattbowen

Cowboys Collector
Real Name
Kurt
eBay User
debbi7977
Hi guys!!!!

I was just thinking why do we bother to get players to signed cards? What does it really achieve?

All they do is scribble on a card!

When you think about it, why is that so good?

I still love getting players autographs though:kick:

I think JZA is trying to make the point that 'why is anything good'.
Soccer is a bunch of guys running arround tring to kick a lttle leather ball in between some metal posts. Why is that good??? I don't know, I just know that I like playing/watching it!!

Why is a player signing a card good?
1) Because every time you look at it you will remember meeting that player!!
2) Because you probably got/get enjoyment from it!

Those two reasons are enough for me!!

well the signed cards mean so much more than unsigned cards

you can do this to anything in this hobby mate, over analysing!
Sometimes the thought does travel through my head ...

Why do we pay hundreds for signatures and memorabilia?
Collect cards which are just cardboard etc

I know i love collecting because its bring enjoyment and memories everytime i look at my collection. As with signatures, i like it because i got to meet the player in person.

Still remember my first Juddy sig at a wce training ... moments like that!

Very true mate. I remeber the first time I met Maty Bowen and asked if I could have a photo.

He said "No" but I grabbed him and spun him around and got a picture. I then got a sig and talked to him :)

Very true mate. I remeber the first time I met Maty Bowen and asked if I could have a photo.

He said "No" but I grabbed him and spun him around and got a picture. I then got a sig and talked to him :)

he said no....what a dog lol

seriously its an pros job to give autographs and get photo's u just cant say no!
i asked travis biard for western bulldogs after a game for an autograph and he said no!
but didnt worry me whaT a dud he was :D(he deserved it 2)

I grabbed him as I had waited YEARS to meet him. It was at the Cenetnary fan day at ANZ stadium.

I didnt know back then that you could meet them after games. I thought that was the only moment I could meet him unless I went to Townsville

Thats awesome mate,
memories like that keep you going!

I remember also meeting Benny Cousins when i was younger and getting a few auto's and photo ... thats the memories that you hold onto and the reason behind my collecting. Back then he was more than happy to pose for a photo and give his full sig!

Hahaha. Yeah, I guess. He hasnt really ever been that nice.

Except for the time in Wollongong when the Cowboys versd the Dragons and Bowen got a rib injury his year. He was very nice and signed a heap of cards and I got a photo. Mum said it was probabaly because he was drugged to relieve the pain :lol:

Back
Top Bottom