Greatest Player of All Time Vote Off Game

sorry boys and girls for taking it a bit seriously but when someone labels a legit post of mine as "the stupidest they've read" it tends to boil my blood a tad. call it a character flaw, but i cant back down from a stoush.

i suggest we start again, with players that people might actually know and have seen play. Say from the 70's/80's onwards. mavs has a good idea with the 3,2,1 system with reasons why we gave the points, i reckon thats the best solution.

All i ask is that each persons opinions be given the respect they deserve. I would never shit on someone elses opinions, and im pretty sure the majority of people wouldnt do the same to me. Having a strong opinion is cool, but that smug "im right, your wrong" attitude REALLY pushes my buttons.

Anyway, enough from me. petty squabbles like this are a waste of time.

JZA said:
sorry boys and girls for taking it a bit seriously but when someone labels a legit post of mine as "the stupidest they've read" it tends to boil my blood a tad. call it a character flaw, but i cant back down from a stoush.

i suggest we start again, with players that people might actually know and have seen play. Say from the 70's/80's onwards. mavs has a good idea with the 3,2,1 system with reasons why we gave the points, i reckon thats the best solution.

All i ask is that each persons opinions be given the respect they deserve. I would never shit on someone elses opinions, and im pretty sure the majority of people wouldnt do the same to me. Having a strong opinion is cool, but that smug "im right, your wrong" attitude REALLY pushes my buttons.

Anyway, enough from me. petty squabbles like this are a waste of time.

lol...reminds me ....."And you will know my name... when i lay my vengence apon thee.."
(i love it....tellin it how it is)
and Justice for all!.......

Opinions are opinions but there is always a degree of right and wrong. I never thought i'd see somone put Barkley over Wilt for all time so how is how is disagreeing smug? Like I said before it was the greatest player and you make your own context for that. Have a go if you like but this is a discussion and discussion lends itself to disagreements. Its when comments are directed at people and not the discussion that things get out of hand. I'll always stay on the point. I wanted to hear you opinion on why and I basically got a 'just cause alright'.

I wasn't trying to push buttons. We are all cool here but that was so from left field. I wasn't the only one that disagreed with your first choice but the only one the posted asking why? I guess I could have worded it better but you would have trouble finding another fan with that opinion including Chuck who loves himself. LOL

This thread is kinda pointless as only a minority here know enough about ball to participate.

Each era can't really be compared anyway. Its been said over and over again. You have to compare the players impact in their own time to get a clearer idea.

Shaq +1
Russell -1

Reason (it's a game!!!!)

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 3
Nate Archibald - 3
Paul Arizin - 3
Charles Barkley - 4
Rick Barry - 3
Elgin Baylor - 3
Dave Bing - 3
Larry Bird - 3
Wilt Chamberlain - 3
Bob Cousy - 3
Dave Cowens - 2
Billy Cunningham - 2
Dave DeBusschere - 3
Clyde Drexler - 3
Julius Erving - 3
Patrick Ewing - 3
Walt Frazier - 3
George Gervin - 3
Hal Greer - 2
John Havlicek - 3
Elvin Hayes - 3
Magic Johnson - 4
Sam Jones - 3
Michael Jordan - 5
Jerry Lucas - 3
Karl Malone - 3
Moses Malone - 3
Pete Maravich - 3
Kevin McHale - 3
George Mikan - 3
Earl Monroe - 3
Hakeem Olajuwon - 3
Shaquille O'Neal - 4
Robert Parish - 3
Bob Pettit - 3
Scottie Pippen - 3
Willis Reed - 3
Oscar Robertson - 3
David Robinson - 3
Bill Russell - 3
Dolph Schayes - 3
Bill Sharman - 3
John Stockton - 3
Isiah Thomas - 3
Nate Thurmond - 3
Wes Unseld - 3
Bill Walton - 3
Jerry West - 3
Lenny Wilkens - 2
James Worthy - 2

JZA said:
hey u cant do that! russels better than shaq! :D

Of course Shaq is better....

"He can fake the funk on a nsaty dunk!!!!!"

I don't recall ever seeing Russell doing that.
:cool:

As stated, it's just a little game, and I have a ploy, which eventually people will work out...

[-X

Shaq +1
Jordan -1

Reason (it's a game!!!!)

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 3
Nate Archibald - 3
Paul Arizin - 3
Charles Barkley - 4
Rick Barry - 3
Elgin Baylor - 3
Dave Bing - 3
Larry Bird - 3