Billyhoyle

Im Not Juan Garcia
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
billyhoyle9
Richmond player hit by tram | NEWS.com.au

June 29, 2008 08:32am

RICHMOND AFL footballer Graham Polak is in a critical but stable condition after being hit by a tram in Melbourne last night.

Mr Polak was crossing the road at the Orrong and Dandenong roads intersection in Armadale around 11.30 pm (AEST).

The 24-year-old Prahan man was treated by paramedics and taken to The Alfred hospital. He is believed to be suffering head injuries.

A hospital spokeswoman said Mr Polak was in a critical but stable condition.

Police have confirmed the man involved in the incident was the Richmond key position player.

Sad to hear, he was injured yest, didn't have a great game. Poor bugger, hope he pulls through ok..

Just heard on the news when I woke up absolutely terrible news, also heard an update that the swelling on his brain had stopped so it wasn't getting worse (hence why he was kept in a medically induced coma until the extent of damage had been confirmed) hope he pulls through will no serious injuries...best wishes to him and his family.

pretty sad just one of those things that just happen,hope he pulls through ok and can play again sometime in the future!

best wishes to graham and his family!

cheers

How do you get hit by a tram??? It can't swerve, its bloody big and dings and is predictable.

Terrible accident and by the sounds of it the poor guy will never be the same. Lets hope he wakes up and the very least he can return to normal life let alone play footy again.

How do you get hit by a tram??? It can't swerve, its bloody big and dings and is predictable.

Terrible accident and by the sounds of it the poor guy will never be the same. Lets hope he wakes up and the very least he can return to normal life let alone play footy again.

It was about 11pm, maybe they had a few drinks?

Not to make light of the situation but when I woke up and heard an AFL player had been hit by a train my mind went straight to Kosi..... he's the only player I thought wouldn't see a tram coming :)

Not to make light of the situation but when I woke up and heard an AFL player had been hit by a train my mind went straight to Kosi..... he's the only player I thought wouldn't see a tram coming :)

Jokes aside, I thought the same thing, but how do you miss a tram? There not the quietest things around, nor the smallest or the fatest... :blink:

Jokes aside, I thought the same thing, but how do you miss a tram? There not the quietest things around, nor the smallest or the fatest... :blink:

I lived on St Kilda Rd for a few years and alot of people are hit by trams.
You would be surprised how many tram related accidents i heard about and saw while living there. They only make the news if they are really bad of famous people involved.

Tragic and very sad. :(

I hope for a full and fast recovery for him.

My thoughts are with him and his family.

Its sad when things like this happen.

I lived on St Kilda Rd for a few years and alot of people are hit by trams.
You would be surprised how many tram related accidents i heard about and saw while living there. They only make the news if they are really bad of famous people involved.

Tragic and very sad. :(

I hope for a full and fast recovery for him.

My thoughts are with him and his family.

Its sad when things like this happen.

I never knew it was such a common occurance, guess living in the suburbs doesn't allow you to see such things....

He's bloody lucky. I've seen people under them and even one lady cut in half by a tram! Not a pretty sight. People seem surprised to see a tram coming.......on tram tracks! Ask G, the safest place is in between them LOL

From all reports he is making great progress and should be fine but playing is another thing.

Back
Top Bottom