Grading Question

1stBowman

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
COMC User
1stBowman
I'm trying to get a better understanding of the grading part of the hobby. I've just looked at 3 examples on 130 point of BGS 9.5 Zion Williamson Silver Prizms. Two of them went for around the $900US mark but one of them went for more than $1200. The $1200 example had 9.5 subgrades on all but the corners which received a 10.

$300 is quite a difference to pay for a card with the same grade. Is it because the buyer thinks the card has a good chance to cross over to a PSA10 ( selling for $1900) or is it that corners and surface sub grades attract a premium? Or is it that the higher aggregate of sub grades attracts a premium? The other two BGS 9.5's both had 9 surface subgrades.

Would love to hear others' thoughts on this example.

Thanks.

I’m only fairly new back to the hobby but I naturally find myself chasing 9.5 sub grades and won’t usually settle for a 9 on any of the sub grades. I’m trying to change my mentality as it really makes no difference to me other than resale value.

Have been impressed with the PSA 9 Galactic I picked up as the surface and front edges and corners were perfect. It just had white on the back corners. I look at and show my cards off from the front and those who don’t know about cards only care about the fronts too :D

Back
Top Bottom