Got Love Aust Post

AutographedMemorabilia

Autographed Memorabilia
Real Name
Corey
eBay User
1969rooster
I did a trade with Matt on here thank you Matt for the card.
He sent it registered post on the 22nd they attempted delivery.We did not even get a card so when I got back from Emerald this week I checked with Australia Post and I told them this is the second time in a month.
This is how the guy in our area does delivers he sits in his car and beeps his horn trying to get your attention and if you don't come out he drives off.
We for the first time on the 27th got a card for collection and it was this day I rang Australia post about it,they told me I need to pick it up with the card at my local post office I said I would if I had a card then they told me how I could pick it up.
This is where it got interesting went to the post office today picked up my registered item and the guy said luck I did pick it up was not far away from being sent back,I told him why I had not picked it up and he laughed at me but then said have I got a story for you where he lives a car parked outside his house sat their for a while with 2 guys in it so he just kepted a eye out on what was happening then he noticed one get out of the card and put something in the letter box.He knows the guy who lives in that house when he say him later on he asked him was their something wrong because of theses guys in the card and he said no I have a parcel to pick up from the post office you work in,he said I did not hear him at the door as I was watching t.v,well the guy who worked for othe post office told him what happened and said they never went near your door they got as far as the letter box so he gave the guy the number to put in a complaint with Australia post.
Has this happened to you as its been 2 delivers in the last 4 weeks.

Our guy doesn't even honk a horn, just goes straight to the letterbox and leaves a calling card saying he attempted delivery. It's annoying as hell because I work nights so I'm always home to accept a delivery but they never actually attempt to deliver

Man that sucks....I hate the fact that I send something out ASAP and it takes forever to arrive.

Glad it finally got there!

Cheers
Matt

mine is terrible also, he comes the same time I leave for work. A few times I've been standing just inside the front door on the other side of the window and he just opens my door to leave a card in it and walks off. Once I was at my car in the garage with the garage open and he didnt even come up the driveway he just popped the card in the letterbox and kept going. I also can't pickup until the next day so it means I have to wait a whole nother 24 hours or sometimes on busy weeks till the weekend to collect!

my postie does the same just puts the card in the letterbox dont go up the driveway nothing just puts it in with the mail its ridiculous if there not gonna do there job they should quit for someone who doesnt drive relying on public transport to take me to the post office which its designated to takes upwards of 40minutes not everyone has time to be constantly going to the post office

Hey guys, i work for aus post as a postie and a parcel contractor. As a postie, i know alot of the posties just write a card in the morning,
But i always attempt delivery, Customer satisfaction is paramount for me.

As a parcel contractor, the contractor must attempt delivery and if customer not home, A card must be left under the door, not in the letterbox.
So many just write out a card and leave it in the letterbox.

Please make complaints to 131818, as it is followed up.

Rey

I was waiting on a delivery melb to melb for 2 weeks! Finally got a "final notice" with no prior card, let's just say they copped an earful at the PO and the next time the postie made a delivery I let her know about it. Now I get every card :)

Hey guys, i work for aus post as a postie and a parcel contractor. As a postie, i know alot of the posties just write a card in the morning,
But i always attempt delivery, Customer satisfaction is paramount for me.

As a parcel contractor, the contractor must attempt delivery and if customer not home, A card must be left under the door, not in the letterbox.
So many just write out a card and leave it in the letterbox.

Please make complaints to 131818, as it is followed up.

Rey

I'm sure it's just a select few that is giving the whole group a bad name :) the one who delivers to my parents is on of the nicest blokes I've ever met!

I heard my postie pull up out the front one day and dropped a card in the letterbox I went straight out and found it.So I drove up the street and stopped him and asked him politely to just knock on the door and check next time. He's a really nice guy and said he had knocked before and no one was home so he just dropped them in the letterbox. Now he always knocks on the door, well at least when I'm home.

This is where it got interesting went to the post office today picked up my registered item and the guy said luck I did pick it up was not far away from being sent back,I told him why I had not picked it up and he laughed at me but then said have I got a story for you where he lives a car parked outside his house sat their for a while with 2 guys in it so he just kepted a eye out on what was happening then he noticed one get out of the card and put something in the letter box.He knows the guy who lives in that house when he say him later on he asked him was their something wrong because of theses guys in the card and he said no I have a parcel to pick up from the post office you work in,he said I did not hear him at the door as I was watching t.v,well the guy who worked for othe post office told him what happened and said they never went near your door they got as far as the letter box so he gave the guy the number to put in a complaint with Australia post.

I feel as though you should use more full stops. I almost passed out whilst reading it and I wasn't even reading aloud... lol

. , . . . ; - . , . , .
I found the missing bits of your post OP!

But seriously I reckon if the posties get no answer after a couple of doorknocks at similar times, they must put you on the 'always not home at this time' virtual list, and just card it straight away under that assumption.

Posty that services my area is basically a one man operation that's based in the next suburb over. So half the time, after racing out there from work with the card, he was out delivering mail, pretty much wasting my whole lunch break.

Getting a PO Box at a Post Office close to work solved that.

AUPOST have a lot to answer for, I purchased 9 cards from an Ebay seller on the 30th of July this year. They were marked as posted 2 days after that and they arrived TODAY. So it has taken from 01 Aug - 01 Oct 2013 to send the bubble mailer from Castle Hill NSW to Marsden QLD. The bubble mailer has sufficient postage ($1.20) and the To address is correct and there is a return address on the back. Funny thing is there are no, what is it, franking (?) marks on the stamps...........WTF

AUPOST have a lot to answer for, I purchased 9 cards from an Ebay seller on the 30th of July this year. They were marked as posted 2 days after that and they arrived TODAY. So it has taken from 01 Aug - 01 Oct 2013 to send the bubble mailer from Castle Hill NSW to Marsden QLD. The bubble mailer has sufficient postage ($1.20) and the To address is correct and there is a return address on the back. Funny thing is there are no, what is it, franking (?) marks on the stamps...........WTF

Thats outrageous, have you complained to Aust Post?
Im actually finding intertstate items are taking longer to arrive then before..

Hi all,
I actually had a postie that was great, been delivering to my house for years, would always attempt to deliver, walked down driveway, our driveway is long. If gates were closed would open and deliver really friendly guy would always yell out and wait. This guy loved his job always went over and above. Very old school sadly he retired and now have a person that beeps a horn sadly it's difficult to hear in school times as live near a school.
Lucky post office is around corner

Back
Top Bottom