Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboblue72

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dan
eBay User
mamboblue72
Let's tell a story of cricket card Addiction! summer of 1993 i just turned 21 and i bought one pack (yeh believe it only one pack) of cards from a newsagent in The Grange Brisbane. In it was a funny card with a red post box on it saying i have received an Allan Border Master Card one of 500! Woo Hoo after what seemed an eternity it arrived and i went straight to the Daily Planet (in Brisbane it is a card shop not a brothel as it is in Melbourne) and sold it for $500 (had to pay the rent some how!). I have only ever seen one since and never seen the autographed version (only 50 were done). Would love to get one now!

Any one else pull a jag like that?

I picked up 3 pack of select 97 before leaving card shop in Penrith on impluse and jagged a sweet Neil Harvey signature.

His might have been the Autod version.

Doubt it the Auto version is numbered to 50 and sells for $3000+

---------- Post added 18-01-2010 at 04:43 PM ----------

As for the question at hand:
Yeah Dan I have a similar story......I used to collect NBA cards here & there from 1992 onwards and back then many shops would buy your cards for credit in the shop, I am not talking about just card shops here either.

Anyways in 1995 I sold a few of my Jordan cards to a Sports Clothes Shop here in Perth as MJ had just returned to the game and his cards had gone through the roof!

With my shop credit I bought a Bulls T-Shirt, a Whitesox Jacket and had $40 credit left over so I bought 10 packets of Select AFL (I wasn't collecting AFL back then) and in those 10 packs I pulled the Peter Daicos Signature Redemption card!
I redeemed it from Select and hung onto it for a while but I have been hooked on AFL cards ever since!

Recently I pulled a Captain Signature Redemption Card from an AFL box and up until then the Daicos Signature Redemption had been my biggest AFL claim. I did stop for a few years and I don't buy many boxes compared to most but that is a lot drinks inbetween innings if you ask me (lol). Add to that my recent pull of a Michael Jordan Signature Redemption and I have been one lucky b@stard of late :thumbsup:

Nice work Richo!!

Yeh Ron i have pick one up since then! for just over $100 and Richo is right the autographed Gold Stamped ones are rare as rocking horse poo!!

Yes Ryan - Futera File states that all 50 Border gold seals have been redeemed.

he may have had the auto version because the certification card is numbered in the numerical order they were redeemed. The redemption and sig cards are the only ones with the gold seal on it. My gold seal certification card is numbered 091 of 500 and my border master is 488 of 500. Identical in every respect except the two gold seal stamps on the front and the signiture and hand written number be AB.
five hundred was about what the gold seal was bringing back then, the standard one just under to a hundred, if memory serves me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom