Four nations australia vs new zealand - spoiler

Yeah I know what u mean - so does Billy Slater....hurl ball over head, give away world cup etc...:lol::lol:

Don't think that's a polynesian problem...

Girds, a vast majority of rugby players have shi* for brains...
Especially the front rowers in Union.
Union is the 'real' version of rugby hahahahaha.

yeh exactly no brains. they do stupid things. EG Mateo. great exciting talent but can easily throigh the game away with stupid pass towards someones foot on the first tackle

I know you're talking "no brains" in a footballing sense, but that could be taken as saying Polynesians are stupid. This I don't agree with (as I'm half Polynesian myself), but lacking DISCIPLINE, I'd have to agree. But then again, to them they just want to score every play, whats wrong with that? The coach probably is close to a coronary most of the game, but when it comes off it's GREAT! A hell of a lot more exciting than "ruck it up for 5 tackles, then grubber through." As for the game, pretty hard to beat that result. Hayne and the rest of the Aussie backline were kept relatively quiet from what I was expecting, but it was a good hard game. I thought the ref was a bit whistle-happy for both sides, but neither team got a clear advantage from the reffing that I could see. Gallen lucky to stay on the field, but aside from that pretty solid game... :thumbsup:

I know you're talking "no brains" in a footballing sense, but that could be taken as saying Polynesians are stupid. This I don't agree with (as I'm half Polynesian myself), but lacking DISCIPLINE, I'd have to agree. But then again, to them they just want to score every play, whats wrong with that? The coach probably is close to a coronary most of the game, but when it comes off it's GREAT! A hell of a lot more exciting than "ruck it up for 5 tackles, then grubber through." As for the game, pretty hard to beat that result. Hayne and the rest of the Aussie backline were kept relatively quiet from what I was expecting, but it was a good hard game. I thought the ref was a bit whistle-happy for both sides, but neither team got a clear advantage from the reffing that I could see. Gallen lucky to stay on the field, but aside from that pretty solid game... :thumbsup:

Agreed about the ref - piles of penalties, then again I couldn't argue with most of them - a cracking game and can't wait for next week.

I thought Oz were very conservative - will be interesting to see what improvements they make...

Let's just call them a little careless.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I can see where the sentiment's coming from. They do stuff sometimes, even when they're in the LEAD, and it makes you shake your head wondering why they did that. But by the same token, they can be behind with time running out, and the "safe play" won't get the result, so they try a hail mary, it comes off and they win. That seems to be a common knock on Polynesians, especially ball-handlers, that they can't stick to a plan, and this is somehow though of as "dumb" play. Myself, I think it shows more "game-smarts" to be able to take what the defence gives you, rather than what the coach said at half-time, and what was practiced in training. But if it wins, its a good play whatever way you choose, I suppose...

I thought it was a cracker or a game, simple as that.
We played well, as did NZ! Slaters defence was a disgrace, 3 relatively soft tries all through him. Apart from that i thought Inglis, thurston and Cam Smith were excellent.
Sould be a good tourny.

well you know what i mean. they make the wrong the desicions. take the options and panic more. it wasnt a rascit comment

It was very racist, saying one race is more stupid than other races is pretty much the definition of racist.

I know you Aussies expected to win, but bringing out racist comments because of it is a bit much. Disgusting comment.

take it how youw ant to mate. IDC it wasnt supposed to be

I'll take it the way you said it, kiwi polynesians have no brains. If you can't see that that's a racist thing to say, then you need to take a look at yourself. I can't be bothered with loser comments like that anyway, I'm just gonna put you on my ignore list, so that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

Perhaps a lack of experience causes bad decisions..

The last few internationals I've seen, Australia have had it over NZ in the brain snap department ... Slater in the WC last year, Monaghan in the WC last year, Gallen and his swinging arm and faceplant this year. Although there's been plenty of times in the past where NZ's inexperience has got the better of them (almost every ANZAC Test ever haha).

hahahahaha

give australia no credit whatsoever

they played absolutely terrible, in every category and were lucky to come away with a draw... Very lucky.

Not to burst too many aussie fans bubbles ( my own included), i dont think they will win it this year.

New Zealand have a smoking hot chance of retaining the title.

Its a matter of having your best players firing when absolutely necessary.

And truthfully - Slater = Woeful, whoever said he let 3 trys in was absolutely spot on.

Plenty of the other aussies had a bad game, But for Slater to have a really really bad game after him and his team went so awesome in the finals/Grand final and to come off those wins and back it up witha crappy performance in an international is a blatant choke,and if he doesn't rectify his defence soon, the aussies will pay on the scoreboard
Hayne played pretty bad as well, so did all the Broncos players in the side
I think Inglis was there best to tell you the truth , just so dangerous an inch of cam smiths hip, was the most exciting thing i saw all game besides a few of NZ's tries.

If we dont turn up against England, well i hate to say it, but we might not even be in the Final... fingers crossed that the players mentioned above, pull their finger out and put on a display ;)

i really dont caremate GOULD. AXEMAN is a polynesian and he knew what i meant. so if your that stupid i dont care. im so upset im on your ignore list . 2 deals oh no.

I just watched the game for the 1st time and it was lucky for the aussies i think,
they got the 1 point but i feel a little disappointed for the kiwis who i thought were the better team.

personally i would like to see England win it purely to give the game a big lift over there, not only that i gets a bit ho-hum when its the same 2 teams battling it out an 1 of those teams wins the contest 3 out of 5 times.

also about the supposed racial comments that have seemed to have made there way on here, we have to remember over half of the English language is based on how something is said both with vocals and body language so once something is typed out on a screen with no back up it can be so easily miss interpreted as something else.

Now I was not born in Aussie but i look, speak and act just like any other country aussie bloke, i have played league with Aussies, Aboriginals and Maori players (at one time i was the only white guy in the whole team), i had mates that played in the great boomerangs team of the early 90's the Mcgrady boys being the most famous of them and i have seen the results of racial comments and alike and it is not good so lets all act like adults and leave all that crap out of this great site and get back to trading cards. If we dont type it it wont get misinterpreted, and thats just my opinion.

---------- Post added 29-10-2009 at 01:40 PM ----------

and Gallen used to be sort of related (his dad dated my sister-in-law) and he is still as a dirty player as he was when he was younger

I think Inglis was there best to tell you the truth , just so dangerous an inch of cam smiths hip, was the most exciting thing i saw all game besides a few of NZ's tries.

Inglis was definitely the best player out there, I thought. I was surprised they gave man of the match to Hohaia, given his blunder with Thurston ... Inglis would have been my motm.

Australia have made some interesting changes for the game against England ... Farah and Shillington on the bench?! :blink: Their starting back row looks better though, with Hindmarsh and Watmough in there.

It's a must win for Australia, lose it and they are pretty much out of the running ... I don't see how Farah is going to improve things much - he couldn't even handle origin! But still, Australia should beat England pretty comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom