For Lou

Where are you Lou?

Was hoping you'd tee off on the Packman.

I guess I'll have to do it.

This guy is absolutely awful over and above his annoying voice and inane chat.

To win one of his giveaways you have to sacrifice hours of your life listening to his crap on a watnot lifestream but only after liking his YT video, subscribing to his YT channel, commenting on his YT video, following him on Watnot, and the aforementioned watching of his Watnot livestream. Just to have a 2000-1( or much worse) chance at a box.

What a joker.

Influencers begone.

Where are you Lou?

Was hoping you'd tee off on the Packman.

I guess I'll have to do it.

This guy is absolutely awful over and above his annoying voice and inane chat.

To win one of his giveaways you have to sacrifice hours of your life listening to his crap on a watnot lifestream but only after liking his YT video, subscribing to his YT channel, commenting on his YT video, following him on Watnot, and the aforementioned watching of his Watnot livestream. Just to have a 2000-1( or much worse) chance at a box.

What a joker.

Influencers begone.
I used to watch him quite a lot, just because I was always interested to see him open new product to gauge what it was like, but I’ve completely gone off him.

Firstly he started getting into bed with companies like whatnot and centerstage.

Then I just got bored of him, he uses the exactly same phrases and sayings in every single video.

Lastly, I just got sick of him ripping an insane amount of cards and the unlucky guy act he pulls most of the time for a few reasons:
  • There’s obviously some jealously on my behalf. Singles buyer on a budget I elect to rip nothing because I know I’m 99% likely to get hosed. I will never be in the position to rip as much wax as he does.
  • He’s in a catch 22. His gimmick is ripping wax so he has to keep doing it, but nobody is making you do it so if you’re getting reemed he could stop…but he’s not going to stop because you’re obviously doing so well out of it you can do $20k rips even if he’s getting pounded by Panini.
  • Thirdly, he runs his own breaks. He’s part of the problem regarding prices so he shouldn’t complain about prices.
He’s obviously doing something right though. He’s tripled his followers since I watched his first video.

Good to see you Lou. You might enjoy this.

Blake, from Cherry Collectibles, should get some attention.

He is one of the biggest 'turd polishers' in the breaking space imo. Last night he went a step too far. This fellow, who like most breakers is constantly pumping up cards and products, had the audacity to censure me during a case break of The Cup( $1400 per box X6) when I dared to speak my mind in the live chat.

The first box of the break was absolutely hideous and had less than $200 worth of cards. The second box was maybe a 50% ROI. My comments were "rough box" and "Yuck". He immediately went into gatekeeping mode and called for the negative comments to cease. This guy is unknowledgeable about most of the hockey products he breaks but that doesn't stop him from hyping the shit out of cards - many of which would not even pay for half a box. But of course like 90% of all breakers it's crickets when most of the money is flushed.

You can't have it both ways. If you constantly engage in pumping -kool aid drinking-circle jerking when an ok or good card is hit, you have to allow for participants to speak the truth( I had paid $150 to go in the break) when boxes are rubbish.

He really pissed me off last night - he also threw in a snide remark "Thank God the Sharks got a card" ( my team) and told me not to call him "Champ". My comment was not meant to be offensive. I use the term often.

I even thanked him for pulling me a half decent card. He didn't respond to that. I only got the snide remark.

He showed himself to be an arrogant so and so last night imo - on top of the gatekeeping and other BS.

F..... breakers.

Last edited:
I've been a follower of Packman for a few years now and have to say that some of his break videos over the last 12 months have started to become a bit ridiculous. What he mostly does now is just totally unrealistic for 99% of collectors and it's impossible to relate to. His affiliations are starting to annoy me as well. Like others have mentioned, he is also contributing to the problem for the rest of us.

Though i do have to give him credit for the fact that he is doing something he loves and started from very humble beginnings.

These days i prefer to follow several other content creators instead. I will watch Packman if i'm bored and have nothing better to do.

One's i currently like watching are Big J Basketball and Sage the Collector. Both of these guys have much smaller followings and break mostly retail and tmall with a lesser amount of only low-end hobby. They are much easier to relate to because at times they still see a $5 card as a success.

The other one i enjoy watching is Degen Rips. This guy has only come on the scene in recent times and is doing pretty well in terms of followers. Whilst he rips more NFL and Baseball compared to Basketball, i still find him quite entertaining to watch and he can be pretty funny at times. He's also not afraid to call a spade a spade.

He also rips a fair bit of wierd non-sport stuff as well which some of it i will still watch even though i'm not really interested in the actual product itself.

Spot on @TAB1980

It's all about relatability. I struggle when they're spending what I earn in a year in a week on wax.

Old mate Packman used to do a retail break for the poor people, but those are few and far between.

Right now I love SLVRsport (mainly NFL) but it's a good comedic break and they're relatable and respond to youtube comments.

LOL he did that to me.

His job is to sell this shit. I reduce the amount I break with them and then watch on replay and not live.
It is. But he goes the extra mile...and some.

His nose is so far up his boss's arse that one could be forgiven for thinking he was a labrador.

I've mostly let his nonsense go over the top of my head and to be fair I've participated in the sillyness on the live stream occasionally myself but this really irked me. I'm paying $150 to go in a break. And I'm effectively told to shut up when I speak facts plus have to put up with a snide remark?

Heaven help the fruit gang if they ever had serious competition in that space.

Back
Top Bottom