Flawless 2013/14 Thread

That's a beauty of a card. I might have a go but I'd say it will go for a pretty penny, although being the /25 version it may not be too bad.

I still can't get over no Kawhi base in this or Immac:mad:

Don't worry no Steve Nash base either.....

My brief opinions -

FAR too much trim.
Some sets look like they're from lower-end products (design-wise).
People already thought last year had a parallel too many and so they've added one. Ruby ones still suck (unless matching team colours, then works ok).
I love the Kawhi pic on the patch card.
The dual patch autos seem like the nicest thing in the product.
No Wilt patches which were a major chase card last year, yet they add some old Spurs guy nobody has ever heard of.
Love that Webber is in the set, GS cards of gold parallel and Kings cards of silver would be superb.
eBay prices on most BINs are absolutely laughable.
Overall, pretty underwhelming.

nice

$_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331334968611?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2669&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

My brief opinions -

FAR too much trim.
Some sets look like they're from lower-end products (design-wise).
People already thought last year had a parallel too many and so they've added one. Ruby ones still suck (unless matching team colours, then works ok).
I love the Kawhi pic on the patch card.
The dual patch autos seem like the nicest thing in the product.
No Wilt patches which were a major chase card last year, yet they add some old Spurs guy nobody has ever heard of.
Love that Webber is in the set, GS cards of gold parallel and Kings cards of silver would be superb.
eBay prices on most BINs are absolutely laughable.
Overall, pretty underwhelming.

totally agree.
panini is 100% targeting the group breakers with this product, the GBers (gamblers will pull out pretty quick once the ROI drops hard.)

I think most will be getting HOSED from this stuff.

Some of its real nice but there's almost no point in busting unless you hit a 1/1 of the big guys.

Last year I was a little baffled at the cost and this year is mind boggling.

I am intrigued by the base set again though, just love that base.

I wonder where Panini will go with next years? All white still? The rookies will sell themselves I suppose.

Last edited:
I find the asking prices very amusing. Did they not pay attention to any of last years cards? Durant auto patches /25 settled in around $700 (still wish I'd have gotten one because I can see that being a steal) and now the dual patch ones are $2k obo?
Jumbo patches that look worse than last year but asking double?
A friecken jumbo patch of that Louie Spurs guy that nobody's ever heard of for $700 odd??

These people will be stuck with cards that lose even more value because they're scared of losing from their breaks.

I've liked the Patch set from the first moment I saw the previews, Panini have finally got ACTION shots of players instead of just a boring head or post up.

This is nice.

The only thing I prefer from last years patches over these ones are that last year they had the team name in foil on the card, that always looks great.

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
I've liked the Patch set from the first moment I saw the previews, Panini have finally got ACTION shots of players instead of just a boring head or post up.

This is nice.

The only thing I prefer from last years patches over these ones are that last year they had the team name in foil on the card, that always looks great.

I don't know about that. When I saw the previews I was excited, but now underwhelmed.

Which looks better -
a)

or
b)
$_12.JPG

Granted, I may be a little biased as I have many patches from the first release, but the new ones just don't grab me.

I agree, it's great to see action shots of the players and great ones at that. Doesn't hurt that the designs are top notch as well.

Really when you look at them there's no creativity to the design at all just a plain white background
Pretty 1st grade in my opinion

Here's what they should Atleast resemble lol

image.jpg

I don't know about that. When I saw the previews I was excited, but now underwhelmed.

Granted, I may be a little biased as I have many patches from the first release, but the new ones just don't grab me.

Whichever way you choose, it's not by much. Both are nice.

You either go for the vertical design where your player is missing half of his hair, but you get the team logo in foil

or

the horizontal design with a bit more white but a picture of the player in action.

Your example is disadvantaging the newer release as it has a weak patch.

It really depends on the purpose.

But..... If I owned most of the set I know which one I'd be saying I preferred.

Really when you look at them there's no creativity to the design at all just a plain white background
Pretty 1st grade in my opinion

Here's what they should Atleast resemble lol

image.jpg
[/

This is why I love this hobby, the beauty of personal preference :) I prefer it because of the simplicity and clean look about it. But they're still ridiculously overpriced in my opinion lol :confused:

Back
Top Bottom