FINALS: GAME 5 EAGLES vs MAGPIES

Hey I wasn't talking about umpiring changing the result... I was merely commenting on one decision lol I didn't watch enough of the game to honestly comment on the umpiring but I did note the oddity of Collignwood have a lead in the free kick count early in the fourth lol Which I thought was fitting...

Its called being first to the fuken ball

Its called being first to the fuken ball

Well in modern footy being 2nd to the ball is generally better in the eyes of the umpy ;)

But I wasn't having a go at the umps or Collingwood - It was fitting to see an away team have an advantage in the kick count for once.

Helps there was no Judd for the umpires to give a bazillion frees to lol

Good win by the Pies. Cats by 206 next week ;)

The Cats arent playing Melbourne mate... :lol: ,There out on the street getting into some mumbo jumbo..... :lol:

What a game and what a team!

Yes the Eagles were without their 3 big guns, but thats footy. We were without our ruckman with didnt help us either.

This group of players are something special. Seriously these kids are absolutly brilliant! For a group of young guys to come out and perform under pressure over in Perth in front of a hostile group of fans.. seriously amazing, West Coast experienced players should have got them over the line in the OT period but thats where our guys stepped in.

Im so glad everyone knocks us back, next week will be another, but i dont care because i know that my "boys" are gonna give it their best and regardless of the result im gonna walk out of the G a happy man, knowing that this group is gonna be right up for many years to come.

GO PIES!!!!

I normally love watching hunter play against us (the bombers) but for the one time i was backing and desperatley wanting the eagles to win i couldnt beleive how much of a spack this guy is.. cannot kick.. well actually can't do anything.. he's the robert lewis-thompson of the eagles..

bad coaching by woosha.. poonda down in the goal square only to be outmanned by anyone collingwood pleased to put on him.. aaron henneman would of had a field day against him too.. glass is the whole backline of the eagles, and almost single handedly won them the game..

the eagles window is closing.. but wait.. all the injuries?? no excuse.. very lucky it wasn't dry..

I hate how the rules change when its wet.. if your pinged your farking pinged.. if your hitting the ball over the boundary with no one around YOUR GONE.. if you drop the ball due to being tackled YOUR GONE.. if you throw the ball YOUR GONE.. if you kick after the whistle and its the other teams free its 50 FARKING METERS.. if your nathan buckley though its ok.. though im talking about both teams doing this blatantly..

if it counts the pies will take out the cats.. 23 points.. they've just taken out the reigning back to back finalists/premiers..

I think Poonda has been in fine touch down in the forward line of recent weeks. The Eagles seriously need another focal point up there, i know Hansen didnt last long but was he right to play in the first place. LeCras was good though and should be handy for years to come.

But to the Pies credit in the backline, Goldsack was terrific dont question how easy he got it... hes a good player and was too good for the ageing Eagle.

The Cats arent playing Melbourne mate... :lol: ,There out on the street getting into some mumbo jumbo..... :lol:

What a game and what a team!

Yes the Eagles were without their 3 big guns, but thats footy. We were without our ruckman with didnt help us either.

This group of players are something special. Seriously these kids are absolutly brilliant! For a group of young guys to come out and perform under pressure over in Perth in front of a hostile group of fans.. seriously amazing, West Coast experienced players should have got them over the line in the OT period but thats where our guys stepped in.

Im so glad everyone knocks us back, next week will be another, but i dont care because i know that my "boys" are gonna give it their best and regardless of the result im gonna walk out of the G a happy man, knowing that this group is gonna be right up for many years to come.

GO PIES!!!!

Hahaha yes we are! Getting jumped by bunches of Swedish people! :lol::lol::lol:

Doesn't change the fact that I think Geelong will sweep the floor with you next week...biased (towards hating collingwood) or not. Happy to be proven wrong, and happy to admit I am wrong, but that Geelong team is something freaky! Not to mention I believe the length of the Eagles game, as well as the conditions (wet) and the fact that the Perth ground is that much harder = more wear and tear on the body will give you no help either...
But you are darn bloody right that the bunch you have there will be together and punishing on into the future! :) I just wonder who will be that hulk of a focal target though once Rocca is gone...Only time will tell.

Good Luck for next week :thumbsup:

Hahaha yes we are! Getting jumped by bunches of Swedish people! :lol::lol::lol:

Doesn't change the fact that I think Geelong will sweep the floor with you next week...biased (towards hating collingwood) or not. Happy to be proven wrong, and happy to admit I am wrong, but that Geelong team is something freaky! Not to mention I believe the length of the Eagles game, as well as the conditions (wet) and the fact that the Perth ground is that much harder = more wear and tear on the body will give you no help either...
But you are darn bloody right that the bunch you have there will be together and punishing on into the future! :) I just wonder who will be that hulk of a focal target though once Rocca is gone...Only time will tell.

Good Luck for next week :thumbsup:

This is what i dont get?? 3 weeks ago everyone was saying Rocca sucked and shouldnt be playing AFL...? We have Cloke, Rusling and 2 youngsters in Reid and Dawes who should provide us with plenty of goals in years to come!!!

This is what i dont get?? 3 weeks ago everyone was saying Rocca sucked and shouldnt be playing AFL...? We have Cloke, Rusling and 2 youngsters in Reid and Dawes who should provide us with plenty of goals in years to come!!!

Not me mate. I have always said Rocca is the key to your forward line (maybe not on here cause I ahven;t been here long enough or got in enough Collingwood convos to put this point accross) but I always saw it as had you used Rocca as the focal like Melbourne does Neitz, and let Tarrant play like Robbo but is much taller, then Tarrant would have been able to use his crazy athletic ability for good while Rocca takes the grunt of the forward like Neitz does/did.
I'm not talking about goal scoring up forward, though there will be days Rocca does, I'm talking about playing a role and being a target.
Cloke I agree, good, but not a hulk up forward. Much more of the Center Half at the moment unless they mould him otherwise.
Rusling is alright, but only has the 1 play and that is charge in a straight line at the ball as fast as he can. If he gets a few more tricks, will be much better.
Not sure about these other 2 youngies. They big are they?

GO PIES!!!!

Mate it would be a miracle if Collingwood won next week - they would eb defying a lot mroe odds than just Geelong.

I agree that Collingwood have some young superstars in the making and maybe we're heading to the era of Collingwood and Hawthorn (cos Geelong will have a huge hangover if they win this flag).

Being proud of their performance (as long as they give a real crack) is the best to expect this week. And I am not afraid to be wrong either.

But have you stopped to think the reason why Collingwood gets so much crap is because the fans and board memebrs and players act as if they deserve to be royalty. they are no better than any other team - they're just a team. A bit of humility would go a long way to changing the perception.

The reason I dislike Collingwood is because they think they're better than everyone else and won't do simple things like make a TRUE alternate jumper... I think that's bulldust... and until McGuire and company accept they are a part of the whole (AFL) I'll never like them.

Good luck to the Pies though - I'd rather them in the GF than Geelong.

The reason I dislike Collingwood is because they think they're better than everyone else and won't do simple things like make a TRUE alternate jumper... I think that's bulldust... and until McGuire and company accept they are a part of the whole (AFL) I'll never like them.

Come come my esteemed colleague, tell me one football club in the AFL, NRL or even the NBL who wouldnt want Eddie involved within thier club?

He is an asset to our club no doubt at all, he is to the league as well, and the AFL like it or not knows that also.

Come come my esteemed colleague, tell me one football club in the AFL, NRL or even the NBL who wouldnt want Eddie involved within thier club?

He is an asset to our club no doubt at all, he is to the league as well, and the AFL like it or not knows that also.

I don;t see AJ questioning Eddie's worth. Merely questioning his pighead view on alternate strips. Specially since you're not even the original Magpies ;)

I don;t see AJ questioning Eddie's worth. Merely questioning his pighead view on alternate strips. Specially since you're not even the original Magpies ;)

Exactly what he said.

Eddie is an absolute asset to the game for sure - but Collingwood is not better than any other team. They are the same. That's that.

I was not making my opinion on the basis of attacking you, so please dont take it in that manner, i am merely of the opinion that the continual bashing of Eddie and the club, is unfounded, Eddie has worked hard to to get the club to the on/off field position it currently enjoys, and that even here in Perth, he is bashed constantly in the media and by fans...however as i have said i am sure if Eddie was elsewhere is passion would be no different and that club would enjoy the same exposure and benefits by association.

Nobody is bashing here mate I am in particular saying that Eddie McGuire should face it - COllignwood is not the only team that owns black and white stripes - Port Adelaide has been around longer....

Also they should be made to make an alternate strip that is genuinely diff rather than back on white instead of white on black...

its only fair - thats my biggest frustration with the Pies.

Sorry for the attitude AJ, I wasn't meaning to be harsh but that is what I was being, my apologies. I also didn't mean to say (I don't think that I did) that Buckley didn't intend for the ball to go out, I just wanted to counter anyone saying that he had to have a free kick given against him for running the ball over the line. I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if Buddy Franklin was pinged while trying to run around a player, or even while wanting to take the ball out of bounds by intentionally "running out of space".

It is a rule that has a fairly important function to stop teams slowing the game down to a snails pace by taking it out of play constantly, unfortunately that means that we have yet another rule that relies on interpretation rather than fact. But that is better than paying a free for every out of bounds, and better than never paying one.

I was not making my opinion on the basis of attacking you, so please dont take it in that manner, i am merely of the opinion that the continual bashing of Eddie and the club, is unfounded, Eddie has worked hard to to get the club to the on/off field position it currently enjoys, and that even here in Perth, he is bashed constantly in the media and by fans...however as i have said i am sure if Eddie was elsewhere is passion would be no different and that club would enjoy the same exposure and benefits by association.

I'm not sure that you're reading the above right...I haven;t yet heard a 'bashing' of Eddie. Yes you are right in:
1. Other clubs would want Eddie
2. He'd get same exposure
3. same benfits
4. He's an asset to any club
5. He's an asset to the AFL

However this still doesn;t change the fact that it doesn;t matter who is running Collingwood, you can;t promote Away strips and then refuse to have 1. It doesn;t matter if it's Eddie refusing, or if you had someone no one had ever heard of refusing, just get a damn away strip like anyone else cause your club is no better, and has no richer history, and the jumper means no more or less than any other team in the league. End of story.

Im talking about the football team - the collingwood team they dont think there better then anyone else. I can understand the view on the clubs perspective but, but at the end of the day you need to be strong and thats why the Pies are in such good shape.

Back
Top Bottom