Final Fantasy XII

ive just gotten out of the bhujerba mines and have just been announcing that basch is still alive

Ahhh, all this talk, and no time to play....

Couldnt play last night, got started on one thing, and totally got busy on another.

Will definately have time tonight!!

Can we try, if we're gonna post spoilers, change the text to white in colour, it might help avoid reading it.

How's everyone going with the Hunts?

I've knocked off:
Rogue Tomato
Thextera
Flowering Cactoid

And on my way to the Wrath.

I stumbled across another odd-looking monster like the Rogue Tomato while outside the area where the T-Rex looking monster is, killed it quite easily, but then I read on the net that it's a rare monster???

Has anyone tried to take on the T-Rex looking monster? It's strong, does about 400HP damage. You can steal items from it, but once you do, it turns against you, and even after you leave the screen, save, reload, he's still killing you!!!

I was able to steal on 2 separate occasions (2 different file loads) and got 2 different items... so not sure how random these items are.

Has anyone tried to take on the T-Rex looking monster? It's strong, does about 400HP damage. You can steal items from it, but once you do, it turns against you, and even after you leave the screen, save, reload, he's still killing you!!!

i tried and died faster than a bad guy in a die hard movie. lol

there's a hunt in the mines for a snake looking thing and that also killed me quick smart. mmmmm. may need to just level up a bit

Well I beat the Wraith Hunt, but has anyone tried the Cluckatrice Hunt??

Gard-damn that dude is hard! Even with 3x Quickenings, I still couldnt drop him. Gave up, and went on to Bhujerba, just on my way to the mines, still shopping/selling.

Back to the subject of Quickenings, has anyone gotten the gist of things for them?

hey mavs
at the moment im in the bhujerba mines , a tip for ya , look for a switch about half way up the secret passage its on the left hand side of the wall.....

Cath, what switch are you referring to?

I just finished the Mines, have Ash, and am at the Dalmascan Westersand. I reloaded a save file (just before they they head to the Westersand), so I could go back in the Mines.

Couldnt find a switch.

Went on a killing spree 102-chain on the Skeletons. Ended up selling all the Bone Fragments (192 gil ea), and Dark Stones, and got about 13,000 gil. Cos the guy selling goods in the Westersand area has HEAPS of new stuff.

Went all the way back to where B'Gammin was, but couldnt get into any new areas.

Back at the Westersands now, about to continue on.

Cath, what switch are you referring to?

I just finished the Mines, have Ash, and am at the Dalmascan Westersand. I reloaded a save file (just before they they head to the Westersand), so I could go back in the Mines.

Couldnt find a switch.

Went on a killing spree 102-chain on the Skeletons. Ended up selling all the Bone Fragments (192 gil ea), and Dark Stones, and got about 13,000 gil. Cos the guy selling goods in the Westersand area has HEAPS of new stuff.

Went all the way back to where B'Gammin was, but couldnt get into any new areas.

Back at the Westersands now, about to continue on.

hey
sorry i meant it for before when you where in the place looking for the treasure room , but obviously you found it:D

hey
sorry i meant it for before when you where in the place looking for the treasure room , but obviously you found it:D

You mean back when you infiltrate the Palace to steal the Treasure?

That was a piece of P.

Cheers tho.

Just defeated the Tortoise but have to reload, as I was meant to go back to the Moogle.

been through the valley of the dead and defeated the bird creature. got captured by the empire. put on their airship. rescued penelo. fought my way off the ship (more like ran my arse off and missed most of the fighting as i kept on dieing) beat the councillor or what ever he is. now that was a fight. back in Rabanastre going to do some more level ups.

whats everyone else upto vaan is 17 for me. penelo is the lowest at only 14. found out bassier(i think, the sky pirate) if you upgrade his weapon is leathal does about 300 damage per hit. mainly run with him vaan basch and penelo for her spells

been through the valley of the dead and defeated the bird creature. got captured by the empire. put on their airship. rescued penelo. fought my way off the ship (more like ran my arse off and missed most of the fighting as i kept on dieing) beat the councillor or what ever he is. now that was a fight. back in Rabanastre going to do some more level ups.

whats everyone else upto vaan is 17 for me. penelo is the lowest at only 14. found out bassier(i think, the sky pirate) if you upgrade his weapon is leathal does about 300 damage per hit. mainly run with him vaan basch and penelo for her spells

Where's the Valley of the Dead? Have you gone back, or does it happen twice (getting caught by the Empire)?

Reloaded a save point.
Just about to play some more, heading west still. Beat that big arse Tortoise VERY EASY!

Went back, and got the Berries off that flower.

Vaan is around 19 level for me I think. Fran is my lowest of 15.

What weapon do you put for Balthier?

Vossler's unreal, but pitty he doesnt join for good.

I tend to use Vaan, Basch & Ash. Then rotate Basch for Balthier, and Ash for Penelo/Fran, but trying to keep their levels all close.

Did you know, or realise, that by gaining LP, those not in the active party, still gain the same LPs!! That's brilliant!!!

yeah found that one out about the tortoise. lol.

you go to get the necticite from the Tomb of Raithwall

just been to Garif village

now on my way to Mt. Bur-Omisace

bigger monsters round here now. good chance to level up

yeah found that one out about the tortoise. lol.

you go to get the necticite from the Tomb of Raithwall

just been to Garif village

now on my way to Mt. Bur-Omisace

bigger monsters round here now. good chance to level up

Seems I'm right behind ya... well, might have been.

Belias is AWESOME aye, that dude TOASTS!!!!

I'm taking time out to go to the Lhusu Mines again, I need to get some more Bone Fragments, and sell them for Gil, plenty of weapons, gear, and technicks I need, but can't afford right now.

Best weapons were bought from just outside the Tomb of Raithwall.
(which was a reletively easy section I might add).

Any tips on where your fave place is to get decent items and Gil?

Have you ran into one of the Entite's? (I think that's them). They look like the Ozmozone from Final Fantasy 9, just an orb, that does awesome damage.

I've stolen a few items from one in the Giza Plains. Still looking for the Cluckatrice, not sure if it's there at the moment tho..... (rains).

Well well well....

Guess who just knocked off the Croakadile....

And at only Lv 22 with Vaan, that's a pretty impressive feat.

The bastard deals about 200-400HP damage per attack, excluding his magical attacks.

He's always got Shell, and always got Regen on, so he's tough, and his health regenerates.

I'll give ya'll a hint... you need EVERYONE, and then some more....

Good luck.

C'mon Col, Cath....

You guys stopped playing huh?

Just finished up at Garif Village, defeated Gil Snapper. And was awarded the Golden Amulet (2x LP after defeating monsters). Not a bad accessory, sells for about 2,200 gil. So must be a purchasable item (probably aroun 7,000 gil).

Recommendation:
If you can ever afford to get the Bazaar Goods (the Books) that allow for better items/loot to be dropped by foes, then get them. I bought the first one (18,000 gil) and the items that beasts drop, are 1-3 items, and usually the rarer ones.

Also another hint. Kill lots and lots of the purple horse-looking enemies in the Ozmone Plains, you can steal from them the Iron Carapace, which sells for about 453 gil. Not bad when you get about 30-40 in a couple of round trips.

As opposed to me running aroung back and forth in the Lhusu Mines trying to kill as many Skeletons for the Bone Fragments.

Does anyone know when the Giza Plains turns into the Dry Season?

I've gotta defeat the BIG Hunt there (cant think of name right now), and it's on an island where you get to it by chopping trees down. On the Island are a heap of Silicon Tortioses, which have around 13,000 HP.

I'm assuming that if I kill those off, the Hunt Enemy appears..?

Don't forget your updates!!

Just purchased the Piggback book. I forked out the $49.95 (EB) and got the Special Edition Hard Cover version, NIIIIICE book!

If you're familiar with the other BradyGames titles (guide books) especially of the FF series, you'll understand how beautiful this book would be.

I just wanted to write a small update, basically for the Hunt (Mark) of Gil Snapper.

After reading through the book, it tells me that sucker had a MASSIVE 86,956 HP!!!

SERIOUS!!!

No wonder it took me over an hour (about an hour 13 mins I think I was - that included the, I think, five Silicon Tortiose's).

Just thought I'd share with y'all if you felt like tackling it.

Here's hoping that the Wet Season ends soon, cos I wanna take out the Cluckatrice and move on.

p.s. There's an additional side-quest in the Garif Village.... ;)

C'mon Col, Cath....

You guys stopped playing huh?

Just finished up at Garif Village, defeated Gil Snapper. And was awarded the Golden Amulet (2x LP after defeating monsters). Not a bad accessory, sells for about 2,200 gil. So must be a purchasable item (probably aroun 7,000 gil).

Recommendation:
If you can ever afford to get the Bazaar Goods (the Books) that allow for better items/loot to be dropped by foes, then get them. I bought the first one (18,000 gil) and the items that beasts drop, are 1-3 items, and usually the rarer ones.

Also another hint. Kill lots and lots of the purple horse-looking enemies in the Ozmone Plains, you can steal from them the Iron Carapace, which sells for about 453 gil. Not bad when you get about 30-40 in a couple of round trips.

As opposed to me running aroung back and forth in the Lhusu Mines trying to kill as many Skeletons for the Bone Fragments.

Does anyone know when the Giza Plains turns into the Dry Season?

I've gotta defeat the BIG Hunt there (cant think of name right now), and it's on an island where you get to it by chopping trees down. On the Island are a heap of Silicon Tortioses, which have around 13,000 HP.

I'm assuming that if I kill those off, the Hunt Enemy appears..?

Don't forget your updates!!

yeah have for the moment but hoping to get some play in tonight, have been trying to to got bed early as i was having lots of late nights while i was playing it and looked like a zombie the next day:D ........ lookin forward to getting back to it though..... will keep ya posted

Back
Top Bottom