Fev to the Swans?

ozballer23

#1 J.R. Smith Collector
Real Name
Norm
Just read this, missed the foorty show last night...

News.com.au Top stories | News from Australia and around the world online | News.com.au

Fevola clams up on contract talks

July 04, 2008 CARLTON full-forward Brendan Fevola has refused to discuss his ongoing contract talks amid a report he is being pursued by rival AFL club Sydney.

The Swans are keen to offer Fevola a four-season contract worth $3 million, the Nine Network's The Footy Show reported last night.

It reported the Swans had already approached Fevola and were keen to trade aggressively because they identified the forward as a major priority.

Swans coach Paul Roos has called a news conference for this morning at the club's SCG headquarters to discuss the report.

Fevola, who is still in contract talks with the Blues, initially denied he had spoken with Sydney.

But he then refused to discuss the matter.

“I'm not going to talk about my contract,'' he said.

“I'm sick of talking about my contract, Carlton's sick of talking about my contract.''

Fevola, 27, is enjoying a great season, as his 61 goals has him second on the league goal kicking table, behind Hawthorn's Lance Franklin (66).

Not sure what to think of this...the SPSCG (Sydney Postage Stamp Cricket Ground) is so damn small that you'd think there'd be not enough room for 2 Power Forwards on 1 team...but then who knows. Playing elsewhere with more room would cause Franklin/Roughhead x10 headaches.

Barry isn't the most consistant/reliable forward in the AFL. It's an upgrade if anything, I'm sure the swannies could find somewhere else to stick big bad barry!

Barry isn't the most consistant/reliable forward in the AFL. It's an upgrade if anything, I'm sure the swannies could find somewhere else to stick big bad barry!

yeah the boxing ring ;)

And Fev out of Melbourne. How great would that be ;):thumbsup:

yer but fev isnt the most consistant either he gets bored and spits the dummy to easy.would be a blow to carlton to loose him but im sure they would get a good offer for him

would suck big time to lose Fevalenko, all that talk that he wants to be a blue for his whole career, hurry up and give him what he wants Carlton!!! lol...

lmao i wouldnt even swap strauny for davis.they will at least have to give up there 1st round pick and wow hasnt carlton had enogh of them in the past five years

To be honest with you i dont see carlton giving up one of the best forwards going around and dont seem to think how Hall and fev would work.

Carlton may not have a choice if he's out of contract, they may be on the receiving end of a Nick stevens scenario...

Fevola won't move, his happy and his in career best form.
He loves Melbourne and i doubt he would go to Sydney.

Back
Top Bottom