Every Boston Celtics player, Bird, McHale, Fab Melo, new Jason Terry card, even Brett Szabo.

Brett Szabo

Knee Deep In The Hoopla
Real Name
angus
With a Jason Terry card arriving, as well as Fab Melo, recently I thought the Celtics collection was complete, or as close as it can be. The idea is a card of every player from the Celtics on an NBA card, in a Boston uniform. The last bit was tweaked a couple of times, but a big Boston logo on the card takes away from that. Tell me if there is a player I don't have a card of, and I know C Lee has a couple of cards and yesterday I saw Barbosa has one so I know about those two players. Below is my favourite card for each player. Don't be scared by Bailey Howell.

SuperCelticscards1.jpg

SuperCelticscards2.jpg

SuperCelticscards3.jpg

SuperCelticscards4.jpg

SuperCelticscards5.jpg

SuperCelticscards6.jpg

SuperCelticscards7.jpg

SuperCelticscards8.jpg

SuperCelticscards9.jpg

SuperCelticscards10.jpg

SuperCelticscards11.jpg

SuperCelticscards12.jpg

SuperCelticscards13.jpg

SuperCelticscards14.jpg

SuperCelticscards15.jpg

SuperCelticscards16.jpg

SuperCelticscards17.jpg

SuperCelticscards18.jpg

SuperCelticscards19.jpg

SuperCelticscards20.jpg

SuperCelticscards21.jpg

SuperCelticscards22.jpg

SuperCelticscards23.jpg

SuperCelticscards24.jpg

Dislike the Celtics with every fibre of my being, that said its still a cool chase you've put together. Nice collection

Love those Boston Garden Floor cards - definitely my favourites!

Great work Angus, an amazing collection put together there- and thats not a green biased opinion!!!
Didnt know Finley had a Boston auto, will have to get one of those!!!

Wow DiMaggio, Gretzky and Bird triple GU?!? That's sweet!!!
And love the Howell too haha, where did you get that one?

Love those Boston Garden Floor cards - definitely my favourites!
I remember when there were cards with Boston Garden seats, but none for a Celtics player, which was odd. But the newer floor cards, only Celtics so that is fun. I have a Bird one, and I think his and a Maravich one have the biggest prices. There may be some auto floor cards too, for some of the players.

I bought the foreign Montross card, so in the coming weeks you will get to see it on here.

You probably already know, but there is an Oscar Robertson Topps Ruler.

Great work Angus, an amazing collection put together there- and thats not a green biased opinion!!!
Didnt know Finley had a Boston auto, will have to get one of those!!!
I think it is numbered to 50, so there are a few around, but from my research it is the only card for him with a Celtics uniform.

Wow DiMaggio, Gretzky and Bird triple GU?!? That's sweet!!!
And love the Howell too haha, where did you get that one?
I consider that the best sports card ever, or at least the best multi-sport card ever.

The Bailey Howell is a Topps Ruler, folded up and available in the 1969-70 Topps packs, I think I have the year right. Just type Topps Rulers and you should find some. I was looking for a Havlicek one, but Howell was a lot cheaper.

The Topps Rulers can be really cheap sometimes and then going for big prices other times, a graded 10 Wilt sold for $900, but players like Howell can sometimes be found for just a few dollars. I am not worried about graded things, and the Howell is folded up and in the 9-card page next to a regular Howell card.

I consider that the best sports card ever, or at least the best multi-sport card ever.

The Bailey Howell is a Topps Ruler, folded up and available in the 1969-70 Topps packs, I think I have the year right. Just type Topps Rulers and you should find some. I was looking for a Havlicek one, but Howell was a lot cheaper.

The Topps Rulers can be really cheap sometimes and then going for big prices other times, a graded 10 Wilt sold for $900, but players like Howell can sometimes be found for just a few dollars. I am not worried about graded things, and the Howell is folded up and in the 9-card page next to a regular Howell card.

How much did you pick up the triple GU for then? :)
Haha I believe a Topps Ruler will be entering my mailbox some day in the near future mate, that is a good price for the card!!

thats a great collection! How many players have played for the Celtics? And is this literally every one of them or just those that have had a card?

406 Celtics have played in the NBA, and above I hope is a card for every player who ever had a card. I am not counting them, but maybe half of the Celtics who ever played have a card.

New players C Lee and L Barbosa have cards, in Boston uniforms, that I need to get now. A player from 1950, Tony Lavalli, has a sort of card but it might be one of those expensive Bread For Health things so that isn't above. There might be a Patrick O'Bryant Celtics card, haven't seen that yet.

A few players with cards above were drafted or signed but never played, J Barry, Songaila, B Wallace, Clack.

Back
Top Bottom