ESP Elite 2015 Official Thread (Sell Sheet Page 44)

Most people want to buy their mojo pack for 150-200, but will list the teams they pull at 300-400.... I love the trading system!

For me trading works one way. You help me, I help you. You burn me, I don't help you again. I have two pretty decent people I love "trading" with on here, that no matter what, if I pull their team, be it a mojo, a quad or just an unsigned young gun, it's going to them. For free. Because they help me! And they do the same for me regardless. I'd add people to that "free" list, as they deserve it. You cut me out of something you know I want, you're out! I'd expect people to treat me the same!

Too many people want everything cheap, and I have helped a lot more people on here than have ever actually helped me! The best part of collecting is getting your cards and helping others reach the same goal. Instead so many people seem so intent on stepping on each other, and then expecting that person will help them back up sometime! Good luck with that!

Half time.
This is all very entertaining. Everyone's got their own opinions, views, expectations and agendas. No point getting pissed off if they don't fall in with anyone or everyone else.
I'm in because I collect footy cards and I collect the ones I want and I don't bother with the ones I don't want. :D

Ok here is my theory on pricing. But first up front respects to our sellers on this forum as @Diggaz TC and @redtorana are absolute champions and we are lucky to have them associated with OZCT.

With the closed circle of sellers with ESP and the success of Raz box breaks, the high price will benefit that market. My guess is that there was some influence and possibly some deals made between interested parties.

Only an uneducated guess.

I wonder if the exorbitant packet price will prevent the massive flooding of the market we have seen in the past two releases. If so that is a positive aspect as signatures /130 going for $60-$70 is ridiculous.

Completing a league sensation set for around $1600-$2000 (at the time) with 16 top players, Thurston, Slater, Inglis, Mini, Hayne in one set, is AWESOME. So much better than 4 select signatures in one series for the same price! I'm still amazed these can be so cheap to pick up!

I wonder if the exorbitant packet price will prevent the massive flooding of the market we have seen in the past two releases. If so that is a positive aspect as signatures /130 going for $60-$70 is ridiculous.

I don't see what's wrong with it, personally I think a card numbered to 100 or 120 going for $600 like they did with Select is ridiculous.

I don't see what's wrong with it, personally I think a card numbered to 100 or 120 going for $600 like they did with Select is ridiculous.

Your right $600 was ridiculous but rarely did a Select card hit that mark (aside from the early years and Immortal sigs). It really depends on whether or not you want your collection to hold value. Sure we all love a bargain but top line rep players with numbered signature cards going for $100 or less is detrimental for the hobby.

If the cards are that cheap then it is one of two issues. Poor quality cards with poor signatures or way too many on the market. The quality of the LS was generally good IMO so I am confident it was the latter. There has to be a balance.

Most people want to buy their mojo pack for 150-200, but will list the teams they pull at 300-400.... I love the trading system!

For me trading works one way. You help me, I help you. You burn me, I don't help you again. I have two pretty decent people I love "trading" with on here, that no matter what, if I pull their team, be it a mojo, a quad or just an unsigned young gun, it's going to them. For free. Because they help me! And they do the same for me regardless. I'd add people to that "free" list, as they deserve it. You cut me out of something you know I want, you're out! I'd expect people to treat me the same!

Too many people want everything cheap, and I have helped a lot more people on here than have ever actually helped me! The best part of collecting is getting your cards and helping others reach the same goal. Instead so many people seem so intent on stepping on each other, and then expecting that person will help them back up sometime! Good luck with that!
Your joking aren't you collect94. Do you honestly think $8.99 for a pack of football cards is a reasonable price. Didn't look like it.
What are you willing to pay for a mojo pack? Rabbitohs $800.00 Broncos $600.0?

I'm amazed that the Mojo Packs are already the main focus for so many. They are basically a third parallel, same card design just a different colour and a gold embossed serial number.
I'll gladly sell for a bomb if I jag one. Unless it's a Dogs pack, or it's big trade bait.

Black League Leaders

They were also parallels but at least different images from the base and base parallels. I am sure the mojo will be popular, mainly because it is a new initiative and getting a complete high end / low numbered team set in one go is a dream for many team collectors.

The production run of the mojo as an individual card is significantly higher that the blacks however I doubt people will be breaking mojo packs up.

Your right $600 was ridiculous but rarely did a Select card hit that mark (aside from the early years and Immortal sigs). It really depends on whether or not you want your collection to hold value. Sure we all love a bargain but top line rep players with numbered signature cards going for $100 or less is detrimental for the hobby.

If the cards are that cheap then it is one of two issues. Poor quality cards with poor signatures or way too many on the market. The quality of the LS was generally good IMO so I am confident it was the latter. There has to be a balance.

Why is it detrimental for the hobby? I don't they have dropped in price too much, you'd have been silly to pay much over $100 for them in the first place. But if I was thinking of getting into cards, the League Sensations are exactly the type of thing that would entice me.

There were what, 1600 league sensation cards out there last year (can't remember if they were out of 100 or 110, or what exactly), so that's why they aren't selling for the Select prices ... personally I don't see a drama with that, I would much rather they had continued with it and had another quality Knights player with a sig this year, myself.

If you can call any Knights players quality. :lol:

If you find anyone to sell to you at you're perceived prices

Perception like fairness is a subjective beast.

Recent history has shown that very few cards hold their initial market value. There are not too many that increase in value - the majority plummet significantly in the months post release. Take, for instance the galactic hero cards from Traders - they are 1 in 36, effectively a box hit. You can pick them up for $5 depending on where you look.

Prices/values are largely determined by what the market will bear. For the buyer 'perceived prices' may quickly become reality. In contrast, for the Sellers - perceived value of the cards you have on offer may lead to disappointment if the market dictates so.

If these cards hold their value - fantastic! (For both the Seller and the Buyer) only time will tell.

I'd argue that in recent times it has very much been a 'buyer's market' thus inequity exists.

Will 2015 Elite offer something for both the bat, and for the ball?

Back
Top Bottom