Error and Misprint cards

This is another thread taken from the NRL section which I thought also applies to AFL. The aim is to try and build a master list of all known error and misprint cards.

The master list will be on the second post. Please add ANY error or misprint cards you know, from any series, in this format:

Year, Series, Player name, Set, Error.

e.g. 2013 Teamcoach Nic Naitanui common (two different fronts produced)

All contributions appreciated! :)

Your welcome ;)

This year there's the Franklin magic error. The pics on the left (front and back) are the error which have the white along the edge, and the pics on the right have the red along the edge:

$_57d.jpg

Is this error card worth much? I've got one and just want to know if it would be worth anymore then a normal wildcard

Hi all.

My son just got a pack of 2015 Teamcoach card that seems to have a flaw. None of them have numbers in the top left corner. EG. The Josh Kennedy (syd) card should be numbered 111, but these cards don't have the number. I assume they were cut from a sheet that didnt have the numbering done, and 4 of them ended up in the same pack.

There are 4 like this, all commons:
Joey Kennedy
Bontempelli
Jack Viney
Rory Sloane

Question. Are they worth anything as flawed cards, or does this mistake happen all the time? If so, let me know the approx value.

Thanks all

MM

Probably the most famous and talked about Error Card is the 2005 Team Coach Star Wild sets - With the SW printed on the card (common) & the NON SW version.
The story among card collectors is that a number of NON SW cards were printed early in that years production, before the ERROR was noticed. It is unknown exactly how many were packed into boxes and sent out for sale. Some people have suggested no NON SW cards were in packs sold for retail and somehow came onto the market via other means. But stories of collectors who did bust the error version, make this a very interesting and unique series of cards to collect.

The fact that it was the first ever series of Star Wild cards, with a very unique and different grey colour scheme and to top it all off the ERROR version, makes these cards extremely collectable.

One of the prize cards for the 2005 series was Lloyd - with footballs. I have put up a photo below of 3 of 4 different Llyod Star Wild cards including the two different prize versions.
IMG_0619.JPG
Are you selling any of these?

Not sure if this counts but...

2017, Match Worn Guernsey Signature, Nic Naitanui, Certified, misspelt his last name underneath the auto.

944CD04F-9286-47B7-9D0D-D6E85F6F9CFB.jpeg

Yeah wasn’t sure if it counted, tbh didn’t actually know what error was! Just thought it was any mistake, sorry.

There’s an error version of the medal cards from 2005 also, I think they might of had plain white backs. Could be wrong but was something like that from memory. Rare and hard to find. And you can add the 2018 Starburst cards to this also, there’s the version with names not matching the pictures.

There’s an error version of the medal cards from 2005 also, I think they might of had plain white backs. Could be wrong but was something like that from memory. Rare and hard to find. And you can add the 2018 Starburst cards to this also, there’s the version with names not matching the pictures.
Yeah, I think it was the blue foiling on the front wasn't there and it was just plain white. One popped up on eBay a few years ago, no idea how many there are of each, but seem to be extremely rare.

Back
Top Bottom