EBay Seller of the Month

I'm still struggling to see how by looking at them anyone can tell their fake.Numbering looks OK?

Toovey 013.jpg

Do you still have that card or is this an old scan? The numbering looks identical to the Toovey 13 above, doesn't it?

Ross

I still have the card it was scan today & posted-up 10 minutes later... The Toovey looks dodgy to me. I should be getting a scan of the correct Toovey hopefully over the weekend as soon as I get it I put up a photo.

He posted photo's of these cards back in 2011 on Friday 13th & later claimed he photo shopped them. I have looked in the thread but couldn't find it.
All I can find is a claim he might of bought them from a Select employe (which I have trouble believing). Here is the link to the thread.
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/friday-the-13th-mailday.97920/
It is not like owen to put a mailday thread up and have no future comments to go with it. If he later claimed he photo shop them he just put himself in the sh1t. It is not about are they fake
how can you tell. We know they are fake there are bloody 2 of them.
This discussion is about the facts there are a few no.13 cards that have been duplicated. We need to find out which hands they have travelled through who has done it and see them get charged for it. If you have any information post it up.

Last edited:
Even if Owen was clueless... Why isn't he stepping-up & giving the buyer a offer of a REFUND now 2 cards have surfaced to prove a least 2 are fraudulent??? It's as simple as that................

Owen is offering the buyer FULL REFUND ... and definitely is committed to getting this mess sorted out and getting the cards sent off to be officially graded ...
And then hopefully the mystery will be solved ...... ????

It's an illusion the gold looks black at certain angles.

The card I scanned is from Andjel 2251 post so is the actual card sold from the deal in question. The numbering looks ok, Yes?

I have other Die Cut cards not from that transaction and the gold lettering after MANY inspections looks the same as the ones I received so until an expert checks it out then we can really know the fakes .... ???

I have other Die Cut cards not from that transaction and the gold lettering after MANY inspections looks the same as the ones I received so until an expert checks it out then we can really know the fakes .... ???
that's right . I hate to say it but your numbering is out of level on each individual number on 1 card and numbers are to close on the toovey card from what I have seen. Have checked some of my select cards some of the numbering is slightly out of level but the numbers all match the same level on that plane

But why the number 13 though.
When select had their full redemption offer on sets did they produce two lots of numbers one for the full set redemption and one for the packets?
No such thing happened back then all we knew is select kept all number 1's in archive and still no one has responded to my question does anybody and any full sets with the same number excluding centenary that came out of the packets

No such thing happened back then all we knew is select kept all number 1's in archive and still no one has responded to my question does anybody and any full sets with the same number excluding centenary that came out of the packets
I thought select had a redemption in every set, there were only like 10 redemption cards and you get the full master set

The Toovey That is on Ebay was pulled from a packet. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SEA-EAGL...386480?pt=AU_NRL_Rugby_League_Merchandise&has
& the Roach that I owe was pulled from a packet. So your 2 have been duplicated by someone. The cards themselves are real its just the numbering.
The only thing I can think of is someone got their hands on unstamped cards & added the No 13 to them.
Most of the cards are original......

I thought select had a redemption in every set, there were only like 10 redemption cards and you get the full master set

They only did that in 2002 for NRL & 2005 & maybe some other years for AFL I'm not sure. But not every release..

The cards should be sent to Selects production manager to resolve. I think his name is Tony & he is a member on here..

They only did that in 2002 for NRL & 2005 & maybe some other years for AFL I'm not sure. But not every release..
Ok my bad but why would some one do number 13 wouldn't you think they would do number 2 or something?
This is concerning and I think it will open up a massive can of worms.
It's going to get to the point where all numbered cards are going to be graded and authenticated because of the issue at hand.

Na mate your way off your knowledge the only set they released a redemption to redeem a master set is 2002 extreme master set with only the 4 highends sigs to be the same numbers that's all select never released anything like that since

Ok my bad but why would some one do number 13 wouldn't you think they would do number 2 or something?
This is concerning and I think it will open up a massive can of worms.
It's going to get to the point where all numbered cards are going to be graded and authenticated because of the issue at hand.

Obviously they had most of the No13 cards already that they collected over the years & were only missing a few..
As for No2 or other low No's under 10 are rarely sold or traded most collectors hold on to them & would be impossible to accumulate.

Has anyone asked Select if they had doubles of each card made up (or un-numbered doubles) in case a claim for a damaged card came in? How else would you get a replacement for a specifically numbered and signed card? It looks like ESP have done that with the massive pile of cards pictured sitting in front of some of the players signing sessions for the current Elite series (see the pre-release thread). If so, it may be a case of an employee sneaking a full set out the back door? I don't see any other way apparently genuine looking cards can have the same number (I agree the "1" on the full set of "013"s appears lower in relation to the other numbers, but consistently lower for all cards).

I am pretty sure Select had un-numbered duplicates to replace in packet/production damaged cards, we open a packet the card is damaged they send us a replacement....so maybe some one has found a couple and thought they would put some numbers on some ????

Has anyone asked Select if they had doubles of each card made up (or un-numbered doubles) in case a claim for a damaged card came in? How else would you get a replacement for a specifically numbered and signed card? It looks like ESP have done that with the massive pile of cards pictured sitting in front of some of the players signing sessions for the current Elite series (see the pre-release thread). If so, it may be a case of an employee sneaking a full set out the back door? I don't see any other way apparently genuine looking cards can have the same number (I agree the "1" on the full set of "013"s appears lower in relation to the other numbers, but consistently lower for all cards).
Sounds pretty feasible to me. I reckon Select may have something more to offer about extra cards being out there.

Back
Top Bottom