eBay Help Please

Moses

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jeff
eBay User
vladlevinsky
Is it possible to file a complaint either through eBay or PayPal to get back some money for excessive postage charges?

I looked at both but can only find ways to report items not received.

I had warned the seller when I paid that I didn't want to see a couple stamps on the package after paying through the nose for postage.

Thanks for any help.

I'm sure there is, as the seller can OFFER to do so (send partial refund).

I'll check, as I'm in the same boat, paid $30 shipping, and they only paid $11.50.

I'm paying US$13 shipping for a $15 card, but seller said he would charge exact shipping costs. So I paid with a sidenote telling him to 'refund' me from whatever's left of the shipping costs.

Having said that, two previous auctions for the same card ended up at about US$50 - so I'm not complaining

You can, I just did it then.

I said Item Not As Described, and selected the Postage Issues.

Wrote my statement explaining the situation.

Question, I havent elevated to a Claim yet, but when you file this initially, do the other party get notification of it?

Ebay will do nothing about it even if you do complain.I've been fighting with ebay for years with problems like this,but they say their hands are tied.
Also if you are going to leave bad feedback,don't do it until a day before feedback expires(30days) or you run the risk of getting bad feedback in return.
HAVE YOU TRYED BUYING FROM OZTION? They are alot stricter on their rules than ebay is.

Regards,

Peter

Yes they get email notification when you open a dispute.If you keep it open longer than 8 days they will receive a strike against their account.When they get 3 they get suspended for a month.

Regards,

Peter

Hope that gets cleared up Vlad
I had a guy charged me $18 the other day for a $150 card. When he went to post it he found GPriority was just as cheap and fast and refunded me $13! Wish they were all like that!!

Yep, turns out PayPal don't give two shits about it...

Here's my response after they closed my dispute (not a claim).

Dear PayPal.

WOW, what a typical response from PayPal. It's not the first time I've been kicked in the nuts by you guys.

I thought it was against Ebay Policy rules that a Seller could not attempt to pass thier Ebay Listing, or PayPal fees on to their customers?

All I wanted was the incorrect shipping refunded to me. I paid $30 for shipping, and the seller only paid $11.50. They said the rest was for Time, Fees (Ebay & PayPal), Gas to the Post Office, etc.

What a pathetic system this is.

Always look after the people who make PayPal money, not the poor buyers at home trying to buy items without being ripped off.

I'm now going to email Ebay, and let them know that this seller is trying to avoid fees.

I did get an email response from PayPal saying that my claim was not valid, and also that if there were further complaints about that seller, their account would be limited. Strange.

$30 for postage thats crazy, if i win a card on ebay these days i refuse to pay for postage over $12. Give them hell Mavs, who was the seller?

$30 postage was for a signed jersey.

However, when it arrived with a $11.50 stamp, I was pissed.

The seller then said that the postage covered handling, gas to the post office, ebay listing fees, paypal fees to receive payment, and time to list.

I've got an email response from Ebay who wish to prosecute. I've just got to send them emails.

I could argue with PayPal, as technically, I am in the right, since in the sellers' response, every time they mentioned me, they called me the "seller". So technically, they f$%^&ed up.

I can't stand that crap. The ONLY way to take down a seller who wants to act like a bitch is by filing a claim and getting the whole lot back. Then you can re-make the adjusted payment minus some fees for your time spent filing a complaint ;)

I don't think I could do that now, as PayPal have record of the time "not being as described". and me trying to recover overpaid postage fees.

Next time.

But there won't be a next time with those sellers.

Back
Top Bottom