East Coast Collectables is coming! (31/8/11 FREE COMP/GIVEAWAY )

Glad to see anothe shop in Oz, well done guys :thumbsup:
Only my 2 cents, but i had fun busting Topps treasury and Murad. Also any of the luxury boxes, big game, black diamond.
Will you guys be selling supplies as well?
Oldschool 90's would be a great idea, i :hearts: those old boxes and hit ratio's (1:366 packs).
I think someone else may have posted this early on but i think, customer service and postage are massive, get those right
and you will probably have alot of customers/repeat customers.

Good luck with the venture....apart from NRL boxes I would be interested in varying displays to show our collections off and ways to better store higher end cards.

Cheers
Ross

well off course people are gonna say yay, if there's an opportunity to get a bargain, a few cheap boxes ect, I say yay too! any retailer infact, if harvey norman's brother decides to open up an electrical store and advertises, everything cheap, cheaper then my bro even! how long do you think wall banger will last?

basically what your saying is, i'm a dude in my bedroom with pc, love cards and would love to have a shop one day, but in the mean time, i'll do what anyone else in the world can do and get an abn# which is free, register a cool name for $70, and order cases at wholesale and sell for a bit cheaper then the shops 'cos I have no overheads and not even ebay fees.

your stock list could be anything people want to hear, just think of the hottest stuff around and off course people say i'll be in that, I don't know, it just sounds odd to me, it's like consignment without any stock, like a distant middle man, bit like amazon, your buy from them and recieve it from another, hey why not do that?
instead of getting boxes delivered to you and onto your buyers, just get the boxes sent directly to them from the states!

well off course people are gonna say yay, if there's an opportunity to get a bargain, a few cheap boxes ect, I say yay too! any retailer infact, if harvey norman's brother decides to open up an electrical store and advertises, everything cheap, cheaper then my bro even! how long do you think wall banger will last?

basically what your saying is, i'm a dude in my bedroom with pc, love cards and would love to have a shop one day, but in the mean time, i'll do what anyone else in the world can do and get an abn# which is free, register a cool name for $70, and order cases at wholesale and sell for a bit cheaper then the shops 'cos I have no overheads and not even ebay fees.

your stock list could be anything people want to hear, just think of the hottest stuff around and off course people say i'll be in that, I don't know, it just sounds odd to me, it's like consignment without any stock, like a distant middle man, bit like amazon, your buy from them and recieve it from another, hey why not do that?
instead of getting boxes delivered to you and onto your buyers, just get the boxes sent directly to them from the states!

not to sure what you are implying...

What I think he's saying is that he thinks your just buying lots and lots of cases from places like dacardworld.com and then onsell them on to us. SO instead of buying from you, why can't we get it cheaper from the States?

Hope that helps :lol:

Ignore this guy man, hes was the tool that was critical in Terry's (A1 cards and gaming) thread aswell, he seems to be against the concept of anyone opening a card shop..

Plus I dont really see whats wrong with what hes doing, infact a few people are already doing the same thing on here...

Ignore this guy man, hes was the tool that was critical in Terry's (A1 cards and gaming) thread aswell, he seems to be against the concept of anyone opening a card shop..

Plus I dont really see whats wrong with what hes doing, infact a few people are already doing the same thing on here...

I guess in his case there should not be any shops anywhere in the world, except for one giant super shop that sells everything anyone would ever need/want...??? :p

being from queensland in stoked we are gonna have a supply close by , definatly need to have a few cheaper boxes , early 00's and late 90's i'd be keen for too , and somewhere where i can trade face to face too once i've sorted what i'm gonna collect lol .

Hey Mate,

How about the 2009/10 or 2010/11 R/S Boxes from Panini they seem to sell fairly quick and the 10/11 might have a chance of being a hot box and also 98/99 UD Black Diamond they are sweet looking cards. Hope that helps.

Drew

Didn't see it on your list mate but some of the Ace AUthentic Tennis products are quite neat too. Needless to say we all follow the Tennis when the Australian Open rolls around....

Hi Gary,

What a great idea! The Brisbane area is crying out for pro-active people such as yourself.

I think you should focus on setting up card shows - even if they are at peoples houses. Everyone in and around Brisbane are getting a bit blase about having a show - there has been so much talk about starting card shows but nothing much ever seems to happen.

If you were able to do this, you would put yourself on the map as it were and establish yourself as a 'go-to' person in the hobby.

Just an idea.

Murray

Hey m8 have you opened up you store yet?? Would love to pop in sometime :) and have a geezer at what you got.. And have you got any panini 2010/11 donruss packs for sale ??

Back
Top Bottom