Dreamteam 2010

Who do you recommend mate?

In fact who does everyone recommend as their "Value" pick for the year?

Mine is Matthew Lobbe from Port Adelaide :)

Yeah, my team's ready to go but it was a bit hard to pick 1 rookie this year. Will probably end up changing it before the season starts ....

I've gone Kerr and Maguire who are cheap, watch for Masten/JK this year. My top rookie so far is Martin or Jetta, have to wait until Nab Cup to start to have a decent look. How much coin you guys got left? I still have 327K. I have been thrifty.

I figure put all the rookies in your team for the nab cup as there not lock-ins get a good look them move the ones out you dont want for season proper. As for value Franklin is still cheap from his poor year last year and kennelly is cheap as at 204,000.
I think maguire is cheap cause he only ever scores 10.

yeah got a team in the card league. Its a bit pot luck at the moment, but sticking with some solid performers from last year eg Gilbert, Fisher, Ryder, Stevo J
top rookie is Hurley....for me.....be interesting which younsters can step up for the NAB cup! Damn, I've missed the footy....

This year is my first go at the DreamTeam - my rookie is Sam Sheldon from Brisbane for $197,000.

I tried to pick a balanced team for each line (defence, midfield, ruck, forwards) as though it was for an actual game.

Opinion may be biased here... but Xavier Ellis is gonna have a great year if he stays fit... real tempting at $300k as well :)

I have 2 rookies on the field: Wonnamerie(probably wrong spelling but what ever) and Scully. I also have one cheap veteran on the field and he his Maguire only for $100k. The rest of my team are freaks

Daniel Kerr is by far and away the best value "established player" in the competition. He was playing through injury all last season and will average 85-ish in 2010 (a 25 point increase on last season).

Adam Cooney is also very good value.

must have's in each position -

Backs: Ryan Hargrave (WB), Jason Gram (St.K)

Midfield: Bryce Gibbs (Carlton) - marquee player in the competition!

Daniel Kerr (WCE), Adam Cooney (WB), Tom Scully (Melb)

Rucks: Darren Jolly (Collingwood) + Matthew Kruezer (Carlton)

Fwds: Paul Chapman... priced high, but gets 25 possies a game and kick 3-4 goals - with Steve J & Stokes out for the Cats early rounds, Chapman will dominate up fwd for the Cats.

Brendan Fevola (Bris) & Brent Harvey (Kang) both present terrific value.

Daniel Kerr is by far and away the best value "established player" in the competition. He was playing through injury all last season and will average 85-ish in 2010 (a 25 point increase on last season).

Adam Cooney is also very good value.

must have's in each position -

Backs: Ryan Hargrave (WB), Jason Gram (St.K)

Midfield: Bryce Gibbs (Carlton) - marquee player in the competition!

Daniel Kerr (WCE), Adam Cooney (WB), Tom Scully (Melb)

Rucks: Darren Jolly (Collingwood) + Matthew Kruezer (Carlton)

Fwds: Paul Chapman... priced high, but gets 25 possies a game and kick 3-4 goals - with Steve J & Stokes out for the Cats early rounds, Chapman will dominate up fwd for the Cats.

Brendan Fevola (Bris) & Brent Harvey (Kang) both present terrific value.

Hmmm... Cooney does represent great value this year I think... as do any Bulldogs players like Hargrave.

From past experience I would avoid injured or old players... people like Chapman and Harvey I would avoid this season.

Also Kerr is a tough one... he is most likely going to be suspended at some time (always does) and is still carrying an injury... so I wouldnt be sold on him yet.

I'm liking that ruck combo of yours though :thumbsup:

Its funny looking back over this thread I was right about Franklin. I had some good cash cows this year and have got my team in very good shape for the finals now
Cash cows- Barlow, Scully, Martin, Trengrove, podsiadly and a few others mcguire, strijk and smith have done ok.
My line up for the finals will look like this as of the weekend
backs
Hodge, Goddard, Gilbert, shaw, carrazo, kenelly and either scotland or Kelly will come in this week.
Mids
Ablett, swan, didak, cornes, Montagna, scully, martin, Blair. Trading martin or scully for Bartell or selwood.
Fowards
Chapman, Thomas, Pavlich, Franklin, Hall, Higgins, Pods, (brown and fev thats right got stck with the bums of this years DT) going to trade prob Brown out and get Riewoldt in and thats my trades spent for the year

Back
Top Bottom