Double auto mailday very old school.

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
Here are two 1948 Bowman reprints of two Celts both auto'd!

These old timers autos are close to impossible to get but go under appreciated when they do. Garfinkel was captain and the best backcourt player in the league. Yup the best. Ehlers was also with the Yankees with decent stats and made all American after one year of football too. How eras have changed huh? I think they are pretty cool especially the 'Dutchy' bit on Garfinkels. They will look real nice next to my psa ones of the real thing.

db5c9525.jpg

Hope someone enjoys seeing an auto you don't see every day over and over. Oh yeah and Garfinkel is 86 years old now and Ehlers is 82 now also!

Chad,
Great to see some of the legends of the past.

I did a bit of a search on these players and I didnt realise that Garfinkel was the creator of the "look away pass"

Very nice cards.

Cheers
Matt

Yup was the best going around in the Mikan era he was. The first Houdini of the hardwood yet forgotten in history of the game mainly due to lack of game footage I say.

Thanks and good on ya for checking him out. That made posting this all the worthwile. :)

nice oldies chad!....the Garfinkel looks more like a baseball pitch shot though!!
good work mate.

Nah Vlad they are from a collector/seller in the US. They are going to psa for psa/dna authentication. Although I know they will pass. I got told by a mate at Beckett mag that he has bought off him before and all have passed as authentic. Still I want them slabbed.

I'll get around to doing a website one day Scotts. Its a lot of scanning and work etc.

I'm not far from completing my master set of all Celts card from 1933 till about 95.

Chad,
how many cards do you have to find before the master set is complete?

Cheers
Matt

ahh about 18 I think now?? Not counting the Havlicek topps test issue or any real obscure oddball issues, but I have a lot of them already though too.

After a nice spree on lately and mail comming in. I'm concentrating on that and my 1969 topps set in which I'm 22 short the set.

Reprints? What year are the reprints? It's nice to see some Autos like that!

And even better to see some more recognition of your mailday Chad, it's great! Looks like we're opening our eyes more for collections.

Well done on the great pickups mate!!

Back
Top Bottom