Donnie Walsh heading to New York

DL42

David Lee Collector
Real Name
DL42
According to ESPN Donnie is heading to the New York Knicks after this season. I'm anticipating some major moves by the Knicks during the offseason. I wonder who's first to go. Marbury? Randolph? Curry? Crawford? Q-Rich? All of them? :lol:

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3309745"]Source: Walsh will leave Indy after season to work for NYK - NBA - ESPN[/ame]

Hopefully the first step back towards respectability for this once proud franchise. :thumbsup:

Personally while i have followed the paths of coaches and executives for the last 10 or so seasons, know and make it a core of my basketball research, i just wonder personally whether this situation (Knicks quagmire) is being projected as a complete rebuild and the faithful will tolerate continued sub-par performances and roster moves.

If Walsh who as i stated in another thread is likely of heading to New York, will be as such a home-coming, but that doesnt translate into success, and his recent workings even in combination with Bird in Indiana have been less then appetizing to the casual fan let alone the hardened NBA followers.

Granted the potential Randolph deal with the Bucks got nixed by Herb Kohl, which may have helped the Knicks, yet what path of options does or would Walsh have at his disposal?

In addition to roster re-shaping, one would safely assume that a new coach will be brought in (as is usually the case with a new GM), yet by the same token Thomas and Walsh have a history in Indiana also, further clouding the picture in my opinion.

I dont know, i read this early on ProExposure, but i personally would think that the options and less then demanding fan base and media scrutiny in Milwaukee would be a better fit for Walsh.

For the house cleaning in New York if this was to occur (Walsh taking the gig), would need to start from the scouting department through to all basketball related staff, all of whom are "Thomas Old Boys"...

Good luck Donnie....your going to need it...

Personally while i have followed the paths of coaches and executives for the last 10 or so seasons, know and make it a core of my basketball research, i just wonder personally whether this situation (Knicks quagmire) is being projected as a complete rebuild and the faithful will tolerate continued sub-par performances and roster moves.

If Walsh who as i stated in another thread is likely of heading to New York, will be as such a home-coming, but that doesnt translate into success, and his recent workings even in combination with Bird in Indiana have been less then appetizing to the casual fan let alone the hardened NBA followers.

Granted the potential Randolph deal with the Bucks got nixed by Herb Kohl, which may have helped the Knicks, yet what path of options does or would Walsh have at his disposal?

In addition to roster re-shaping, one would safely assume that a new coach will be brought in (as is usually the case with a new GM), yet by the same token Thomas and Walsh have a history in Indiana also, further clouding the picture in my opinion.

I dont know, i read this early on ProExposure, but i personally would think that the options and less then demanding fan base and media scrutiny in Milwaukee would be a better fit for Walsh.

For the house cleaning in New York if this was to occur (Walsh taking the gig), would need to start from the scouting department through to all basketball related staff, all of whom are "Thomas Old Boys"...

Good luck Donnie....your going to need it...

How long did that take to type?! :p

Donnie will definitely need some luck. I'm not sold on the fact he'll turn things around, because at the end of the day, Dolan still owns the Knicks. And Isiah will most likely stay on as coach.

They need a change of coach firstly. But also need to make some trades. That roster really is a nightmare scenario. They need to make some major trades.

Back
Top Bottom