Current state of AFL Card market....

So from what i'm reading from the past comments from the start of the post the last 2 years of AFL cards have being horrible and i totally agree."To kid friendly and easy/cheaper to get on Ebay etc instead of busting a box.From my view i busted a case of teamcoach last year and loved it because it was my first case since i was 8 years old and both my brothers would do it with me but getting one this year just felt boring and I opened a box,got through the second one and then went nope don't like these and sold the rest.I'm thinking of from now on if nothing changes to suit what people demand just collect Baseball cards and/or just Geelong sets.

I completely agree with you Michael.

Select have driven me out of the hobby with their big prices for a big flop.
I now pick up a high-end Richmond card I need once in a blue moon, and I purely collect NBA and NFL now, where thanks to Panini you can get a low-end box for half the price of a Series 2 box and still end up with nice autos, jersey cards and more numbered cards than in a quarter of a case of Series 2 (not that I've been counting)...

Anyone wanna buy a Hawthorn collection.
Lost the love two years ago.
Would love to get out of the hobby.

Thats a nice jordan lewis sig 02 of 300.
Thank you very much.
Unfortunately for the genral public it doesn't get any lower than that.
Would of preferred #3 but still a cracker of a card anyway.
Have been contemplating the sale of my collection as my house is nearly finished.
Maybe needing cash for landscaping,furnishing,driveway, fencing ect.
Will wait a bit to see if I can hang on to collection it is a very hard decision indeed.
In the end I have to do the right thing for the family. Appreciate the pm,s.
And go the Hawks.

Thank you very much.
Unfortunately for the genral public it doesn't get any lower than that.
Would of preferred #3 but still a cracker of a card anyway.
Have been contemplating the sale of my collection as my house is nearly finished.
Maybe needing cash for landscaping,furnishing,driveway, fencing ect.
Will wait a bit to see if I can hang on to collection it is a very hard decision indeed.
In the end I have to do the right thing for the family. Appreciate the pm,s.
And go the Hawks.

It would have to be one extraordinary card collection to adequately cover even some of the cost of the things you listed there. You may have lost the bug for now, so maybe just stick them in a cupboard or somewhere, cos when you're well settled into family life in 10 - 20 years time you might just spew that you got rid of them.

And who knows, maybe one day there'll be a little boofhead who gets the surprise of their life when they open that cupboard door and find all that Hawthorn goodness.

All the best with your house buddy, and Go Hawks!!

It would have to be one extraordinary card collection to adequately cover even some of the cost of the things you listed there. You may have lost the bug for now, so maybe just stick them in a cupboard or somewhere, cos when you're well settled into family life in 10 - 20 years time you might just spew that you got rid of them.

And who knows, maybe one day there'll be a little boofhead who gets the surprise of their life when they open that cupboard door and find all that Hawthorn goodness.

All the best with your house buddy, and Go Hawks!!
Lol little Boofheads, they are big Boofheads now. Thanks for the kind words.
Hopefully they will be worth something in 10 to 20 years.

What would you value your collection at now roughly?
Honestly couldn't tell you. Everything I've ever purchased I've written down what I've paid. I need to add everything up, been putting it off for quite a while now.
I will endeavour do get around doing it in the next few months.

Honestly couldn't tell you. Everything I've ever purchased I've written down what I've paid. I need to add everything up, been putting it off for quite a while now.
I will endeavour do get around doing it in the next few months.
Let me know if u ever want to sell that sig card.

My 2 cents worth, I have been collecting for a long time, there has been many a time I have contemplated selling my collection. Some of the cards I have accumulated over the years I know I could never get back, this Is what keeps me from selling them all.
I have sold some great cards that I sometimes wish I still had. But the time was right for one reason or another that convinced me to sell. If I sold the lot I know I would regret it. Sometimes I need something to keep me sane, for me its collecting, my passion completely disappears from time to time, but for me It always come back.
Eventually!
I focus a bit more now on specific collecting, I don't have the time, energy or money to be a set collector anymore.
If you do decide to sell my suggestion is to move the cards that don't have much sentimental meaning to you first.
Good luck with the decision, one we have all faced on more than one occasion.

My 2 cents worth, I have been collecting for a long time, there has been many a time I have contemplated selling my collection. Some of the cards I have accumulated over the years I know I could never get back, this Is what keeps me from selling them all.
I have sold some great cards that I sometimes wish I still had. But the time was right for one reason or another that convinced me to sell. If I sold the lot I know I would regret it. Sometimes I need something to keep me sane, for me its collecting, my passion completely disappears from time to time, but for me It always come back.
Eventually!
I focus a bit more now on specific collecting, I don't have the time, energy or money to be a set collector anymore.
If you do decide to sell my suggestion is to move the cards that don't have much sentimental meaning to you first.
Good luck with the decision, one we have all faced on more than one occasion.

I think your dead on the money there.
I have thought about selling stuff like Teamcoach, Select inserts, Future Force and some of the Vintage stuff.
Every time I contemplate selling stuff like High end Signatures, Scanlens and assorted rare stuff I cringe a little.
I definitely would like to thin the collection out.
Some stuff I consider rubbish and have no interest what so ever.

But doesn't anyone think the Starburst sub series are quite cute??? LOL!!!!! That was certinaly the highlight for 2016 series 1 along with the BPs --LOL!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom