Crap!!! Maroons just wrapped up the series!

axeman23

OzCardTrader
Just had a look at the Courier Mail, and am greeted by the headline: "Kimmorley gets the nod"! :mad: WHY??? Are the Blues TRYING to throw the series??? The guy's a born loser at Origin level, I'm sorry but that a fact! Who gives a stuff what he's doing for the Sharks? What about Matty Orford??? I can see tomorrow's headline, too... "Maroons select Bowen, think he'll combine well with Kimmorley"! They may as well draw a big bulls-eye on Bowens jersey, too, just to make sure Noddy gets it right on his chest... Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap.... I bet the odds of a Maroons victory are down to $1.01 by the end of the day.

I'm a Sharks fan and even i dont agree in Kickpoorly being in the NSW side. He isnt even playing that well for us, but I guess Murray has a plan so we'll see how it goes

I am not a Kimmorley fan either and that one bad pass he threw 2 years ago should of seen outlawed from the Blues for ever.

I would of chose Orford over Kimmorley even though his form has been up and down as well.

Half back for the Blues is a major problem.

Go the Blues. :thumbsup:

I think its a difficult task for the selectors to choose a capable NSW halfback. Im not not too much of fan of Kimmorley either, but I think they have gone for an experienced player. Orford has played pretty average this season so far as well and I dont think he would be the solution either. I wouldnt have minded seeing them go with Michael Monaghan as the halfback. He played extremely well when he was at halfback for Manly before Orford came back, and I feel he has a much stronger kicking game.

Either way the selectors were stuck in a tough position.

I do like the selection of Greg Bird, though I would like to have seen him starting at lock with Ryan coming from the bench. I think the Blues need some mongrel in the pack to start the game. If Willie Mason is fit he needs to stand up and be counted.....State of Origin was made for players like him.

Go the Blues! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers
Rick

Being a QLD supporter... it doesnt matter who they pick... more worried about the Telstra Stadium hoodo....

I personally think Orford is a better player than Kimmorley, but Orford had so many chances to cement the spot & he goes plays crap the weekend before selection...

tough titties for him....

QUEENSLANDER!!!

I agree with Rick, I would love to have seen Monaghan get the nod over Noddy.

I also think Gidley would have made a good half back but he's injured so...

I think it's very close between Noddy and Orford. Yes, I hate Noddy to death after the intercept pass and Orford never stands up like Marty said...

I think in the future, we will be OK. Jamie Soward has been playing really mature, I can't wait for him to get a break...

I think there where other options...like Jamie Lyon (move Lyon to halfback, King to centre, Grothe on the Wing) or Finch/Wing at halfback...

The more i think about it maybe Kimmorley was a good pick. I think he'll fire. I hope he does! Will need his kicking game on though.

Mark.

Some State of Origin jokes to fire everyone up.... :p

Did you hear that the Post Office has had to recall their latest stamps?

They had pictures of QLD players on them. People couldn't figure out which side to spit on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Four surgeons are taking a coffee break.

The first one says, "Accountants are the best to operate on because when you open them up everything inside them is numbered."

The second surgeon says, "Nah, librarians are the best; everything inside them is in alphabetical order."

Third surgeon says, "Try electricians. Everything inside them is colour-coded."

The fourth one says, "I prefer QLD fans. They're heartless, spineless, gutless and their heads and arses are interchangeable."

Q. What do you have when 100 QLD fans are buried up to their necks in sand?

A. Not enough sand.

Q. What's the difference between QLD fans and a jet engine?

A. A jet engine eventually stops whining.

Q. What do QLD fans and sperm have in common?

A. One in 3,000,000 has a chance of becoming a human being.

Q. You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake and a QLD fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What do you do?

A. Shoot the QLD fan - twice.

GO THE BLUES!!!

haha good jokes! :)

I am not a fan of Kimmorley but I think they needed an experienced half back as they have a couple of rookies already in the backline.

Haha....dare i say amateur mistake by the NSW selectors. As a QLD supporter it spells good news for us

bbbooooooooooooooooooooo :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

no josh smith trilogy for you :D

Some State of Origin jokes to fire everyone up.... :p

Did you hear that the Post Office has had to recall their latest stamps?

They had pictures of QLD players on them. People couldn't figure out which side to spit on.

Four surgeons are taking a coffee break.

The first one says, "Accountants are the best to operate on because when you open them up everything inside them is numbered."

The second surgeon says, "Nah, librarians are the best; everything inside them is in alphabetical order."

Third surgeon says, "Try electricians. Everything inside them is colour-coded."

The fourth one says, "I prefer QLD fans. They're heartless, spineless, gutless and their heads and arses are interchangeable."

Q. What do you have when 100 QLD fans are buried up to their necks in sand?

A. Not enough sand.

Q. What's the difference between QLD fans and a jet engine?

A. A jet engine eventually stops whining.

Q. What do QLD fans and sperm have in common?

A. One in 3,000,000 has a chance of becoming a human being.

Q. You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake and a QLD fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What do you do?

A. Shoot the QLD fan - twice.

GO THE BLUES!!!

How can you call a knock-on when your hand is in front of the ball. Surely the ball has to be propelled the other way. And then take the scrum 10 meters up field from where the s'posed knock-on happened. He won't ref again for a long time in Origin again.

a wise man once told me..... 'a good team always beats a bad ref'!!

and the QLD's always seem to come up trumps against some of the Sh*ttiest referring i have ever seen!!

great performance from the Maroons who i can safely say i was never worried that they were going to lose!!

QUEENSLANDER!!

You've got to be kidding me??? QLD won in SPITE of the poor reffing? QLD won BECAUSE of the poor reffing!!! What the hell was that pass from Webb to Price to start the game-winning "try" movement? Hut 23??? Go long, go long!!! The ref and linesmen, three blind mice! And their first try also had a forward pass in the last play. I'll give you the knock on by Berrigan, as I wasn't sure myself, but the Blues definately got shafted. And there was NO doubt in their only try, which is more than I can say for the Maroons... But we're in agreement about 1 thing, Shayne Hayne needs a long walk off a short plank...

As a Qld based NSW supporter I am very disillusioned right now. Its like, the Blues Team holding candy to a baby each 1st half, and then they come out in the 2nd half and take it back away...When was the last time the Blues scored in the second half (appart from Finch's field goal game 1 last year)

Kimmorley was better then Mullen IMO, kicking game wise, but he just isn't a spark. Same with Anasta. There was no spark in the NSW line up since Johns left. Where as qld when Lockyer, Thurston, even Hodges, Hunt ect you always think they are going to do something.

I think changes need to be made. King, Kite, Anasta, White...alot of players have been poor. Qld pick on FORM thats why they always look dangerous...we pick on past achievements.
NSW need more ball runners/sparks in the halves, weither its Gidley or Monagahn...even Lyon as halfback...I think Buderus, Kimmorley and Mason did enough to keep their spots.

Even my wife could tell that Murray has no passion for the team/game. Plus his use of the interchange is a joke. I think we need an ex-player in there or an ex coach. Someone who's not afraid to make changes and instill a bit of balls into this group. We have the players, they are not being utilized.

Thanks for my vent

Mark.

Jamie Lyon , Anasta, cooper all have to go. We miss having Gasnier on the field. I dont know what Murray was doing taking Hindmarsh off (i hope his not injured) . QLD played better but the ref was hopeless. NSW had very poor marker defense and this was putting them on the back foot. On a positive note NSW now have a new Fullback - he had a cracker but he needs to bulk up a bit. Hayne played well but QLD seemed to target King a lot and he shouldnt of come in on the first QLD try.

You've got to be kidding me??? QLD won in SPITE of the poor reffing? QLD won BECAUSE of the poor reffing!!! What the hell was that pass from Webb to Price to start the game-winning "try" movement? Hut 23??? Go long, go long!!! The ref and linesmen, three blind mice! And their first try also had a forward pass in the last play. I'll give you the knock on by Berrigan, as I wasn't sure myself, but the Blues definately got shafted. And there was NO doubt in their only try, which is more than I can say for the Maroons... But we're in agreement about 1 thing, Shayne Hayne needs a long walk off a short plank...

like i said in my post.... 'a good team beats a bad ref'!! take game 1 for example. the Hindmarsh try which should not of been awarded, the No-Try to Price because of a "forward pass" (P.S. that ball from Cam Smith was one of the best passes i've seen all year) just to name a few and look what happened....QLD still wins. why?? the same reason why we won again last night. because we were the better team. NSW just had no answers. other than a dummy half jump over the line to score (after an appalling play the ball by Ryan....went nowhere near making contact with his foot) NSW had no answers to QLD mighty defence!!

now you Blues fans know what it feels like to be on the other end of shitty referring!! the only difference is you didn't deserve to win anyway!!

GO THE MAROONS!! 3-0 here we come!! :thumbsup:

^That pass was so forward it isn't even debatable. Even Fatty acknoweldged it was and he isn't going to say something that is going to be anti qld.

I would bet that Hayne was told to let the game flow and not call many penalties. That would be why none were blown in the first half. There were some shockers both ways, but the non-forward pass changed the outcome of the game. And also the penalty on Bailey for tripping (using this term very loosely) Petro was pivotal as it was deep in qld territory and still a few tackles in hand.

It was a very even match and its dissapointing for it to be decided in such a way.

From the blues perspective, Kimmorley actually played quite well, but like everyone on the nsw side, they just didn't attack the line enough with their play makers. Some of the selections were pretty ordinary as well from where I stand. I didn't even realise Anasta was playing, he didn't do didley squat, anyone would be better than him. I'd also love to see Grothe in there, when you're stuck in your own half, he is great running out of dummy-half and gaining you metres, but also very sound defensively. And Greg Bird, wtf!? Get som guys in there who can play footy rather than some dipshit who has a track record for beeing one hell of a dirty bastard.

Back
Top Bottom