Crap card purchases!

kidd05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Carlos
eBay User
cahl0s05
Okay this is a bit tricky... but would be interesting and funny!

What was the crappiest card you've ever bought for a high price? Something that you didn't really want but for some reason, you did?

I'm still trying to think what mine was. :p Probably the Kobe auto that looked fake! I never paid for it though coz the seller never contacted me. That was a close one! But I guess all my box buys (4) are the crappiest. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY! I should have a LeBron auto now if I didnt buy those 4! The best card I pulled out of those 4 was a Jordan base of SP Signature! :p (and a Beno Udrih auto :lol). Wasted $200+.

What about you guys?

hmmm, ive never really paid more than i should for cards, the only one i remember is paying $5 for a 93/94 hoops Shaq base card when i was a noob to the hobby back in the day. i lost about $2 on taht one hehe.

yeah boxes are where ive lost most money, my box of hardcourt cost me $175 and i pulled nothing, my box of SPGU cost almost $200 and i pullled nothing, in fact the best cards ive pulled have been from cheaper boxes.

jo_hq.jpg

i have never busted a box or packs since 95...
so i only get cards off ebay..

i paid like 4usd for the jermaine card above, which is a fair bit cause i probably wouldnt get that back today

but i love the design of it so im happy :)

Damn $4 bucks.. :shock: LOL If thats it you have done well.

I paid something like $90US for a Bird 93 finest refractor. Thats about $80 over what they sell for now but in hindsight who would have envisioned eBay let alone windows 95???

It was in the only card shop and for sale. Nuff said, I had to have it :D

Not a regret but still purchases like that suck in hindsight.

My biggest waste was on a box of Fleer Tradition....please everyone...never buy a box of this crap :twisted: . Although it was only about $25 :?

I remember a real high end deal I did back in the day. I traded a Kobe Finest RC (which was nicely centred) for a Hill Molten Metal and $20 !!! LOL

That was around the same time Chad probably did his deal !!

Ive bought some stupid cards at stupid prices .. ahh but who cares !! :)

FUNNY TALES GUYS...

I paid LOW BV($18 ) for a Toni Kukoc HOOPS Magic's All Rookie Team from a mate :D $36 WAS THE HIGH :lol:

I was in year 8 at the time :lol:

Back when Carmelo was hot and D-Wade was not, I handed over $1200 for Carmelo's Hoops HP, SP Authentics and SPx (BGS 9) Rookies! Now their worth about $600.....if I can get BV. :evil:

Should have banked on D-Wade instead.

Could have gotten a nice LBJ or MJ with that cash.....or a holiday. 8)

Back
Top Bottom