College basketball, how does it work? now i know!!

so ive confused myself somemore tonight....
http://basketball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_Schools
There are 100s of schools, so many conferences.. i just dont understand. so the 1st place of every conference go into a finals system? example, so you win your conference divison, then you go into a finals play off with every other (1st conference champion) college and then sorta a tournamnet in itself starts and then they all play off for a final to become the amercian champion college?? sorta like the champions league in soccer? ( top 2 teams or something in each european league)

so ive confused myself somemore tonight....
http://basketball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_Schools
There are 100s of schools, so many conferences.. i just dont understand. so the 1st place of every conference go into a finals system? example, so you win your conference divison, then you go into a finals play off with every other (1st conference champion) college and then sorta a tournamnet in itself starts and then they all play off for a final to become the amercian champion college?? sorta like the champions league in soccer? ( top 2 teams or something in each european league)

if i understand you, then yes and no. the conference winners PLUS another 37 invited teams go to the playoffs. the other 37 teams are chosen by a committee of athletic directors and commisioners. theyre seeded and play each other in a knockout comp until theres a champion. the seeding is kinda complicated tho, so i'll leave that until youre up to scratch with the regular system...

wow. lol this is so full on, no wonder why the americans have the best basketball talent... there comp is massive

Been watching alot of the college bball since you guys helped me out. really enjoying Michigan Walverines! love watching Burke and hardaway Jr. Syrcuse and duke also enjoyable to watch. who is gonna take home the NCAA Final???

Tonight i watched a movie called "Glory Road". my girlfriend found it since my computer skills are so bad at searching lol what a great true story about Texas Miners who took home the NCAA title. one of the first teams to have all african american starters. Very racial movie but the coach said these black guys are going to revolutionise the sport. Gee if it werent for them, basketball would be what it is today. Fantastic movie , recommend it to anyone! 4.3 / 5 :)

Been watching alot of the college bball since you guys helped me out. really enjoying Michigan Walverines! love watching Burke and hardaway Jr. Syrcuse and duke also enjoyable to watch. who is gonna take home the NCAA Final???

Hopefully Syracuse, well anyone but Duke please or i won't hear the end of it from AussieLaker lol

Sadly Butler got knocked out and now UCLA are making a play for our coach :(

Tonight i watched a movie called "Glory Road"

Great Movie! :hearts:

Did I see Tim Hardaway Jnr running around in this?

You would have seen Tim Hardaway Jr running around for the Michigan Wolverines, as well as his Dad sitting in the crowd wearing a very bad fitting beanie. You would have also seen Glenn Robinson III playing for the mighty Wolverines as well, and if you love the Wolverines as much as I do, you would also see Jon Horford (Al Horford's brother) playing for them to.

Back
Top Bottom