Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: My "Als card shop" experience - ALWAYS POSITIVE

everytime I've visited Al's it was a great experience
i always get pretty big discounts on boxes without even asking, ends up being a lot cheaper than if i bought from DACARD with shipping etc. They are happy to take credit card (which for some reason paypal doesn't allow me to do anymore - anyone else have this problem?)
they even offer to trace down cards for me and most of the time they get it for pretty cheap

though i can understand how some people can just clash for no reason at all :( but I can't really say a bad thing about Al's. In fact all the card shops in perth (2...maybe 3) are pretty awesome. I still prefer my wanneroo market card shop but Al's good when I'm in the city and bored

Of course nothing beats the instant gratification of getting a hairy dude with glasses and his smoking hot gf to open up wax for you on those cold lonely nights

(which for some reason paypal doesn't allow me to do anymore - anyone else have this problem?)
SO IM NOT going insane!!! my cc is in date but paypal recons its not!! and i tried a new one and it still didnt work!!

SO IM NOT going insane!!! my cc is in date but paypal recons its not!! and i tried a new one and it still didnt work!!

yeh i tried everything!!! it's messing with my life :(
tried to google it - a few ppl have the same problem. but no one has answers - the only answers are from people who's CC works calling "us" stupid
it's terrible cos i depend on my CC to send me on holidays every year - now there is no bonus to splurging on cards

I bought some cards of them on ebay and then asked if they had some others which they chased down for me and sold at the same price as my winning bid, which was cheap. I have visited them a few times and the guy ther was chatty and helpful.

RE: credit card issue.
Have a look here:
Credit Card Cannot Be Used for PayPal Payment Error » Tip and Trick

Mainly this part caught my eye.
after I allowed 3rd party cookies in the IE settings (tools, Internet Options, Privacy, Advanced), my PayPal transaction (using the same credit card) went though without a problem.

Hope that helps out.
Seems there is an ever increasing number of people experiencing this problem.
Paypal help seems to be as useful as a one legged man in a butt kicking competition.

RE: credit card issue.
Have a look here:
Credit Card Cannot Be Used for PayPal Payment Error » Tip and Trick

Mainly this part caught my eye.
after I allowed 3rd party cookies in the IE settings (tools, Internet Options, Privacy, Advanced), my PayPal transaction (using the same credit card) went though without a problem.

Hope that helps out.
Seems there is an ever increasing number of people experiencing this problem.
Paypal help seems to be as useful as a one legged man in a butt kicking competition.

thanks Mark. I will try that :)

I bought some cards of them on ebay and then asked if they had some others which they chased down for me and sold at the same price as my winning bid, which was cheap. I have visited them a few times and the guy ther was chatty and helpful.

I've bought off him off eBay and he was awesome!!! Got my first and only DPS from him!!! Didn't think of asking him to help me look for more cards though othwerwise I would've got the other DPSs I need...:(

Sadly I have had quite the opposite experience with Al's cards. Make sure you double check the condition of the cards would be my tip ;)

Great guys. Always friendly and keen for a yarn on a range of sports. Have never asked for a discount on anything, and 9 times out of 10 they have knocked the price down off of my purchase. Highly recommended to all

Sadly I have had quite the opposite experience with Al's cards. Make sure you double check the condition of the cards would be my tip ;)

And it was a one sided story without the other party having the option to respond to so sorry if I take it with a grain of salt.

Before you respond, have a look at the title of this thread and think about it, I believe you opened the door to your story being questioned by posting something neagtive in this POSITIVE EXPERIENCE thread.

Re: Old

Can I ask why this thread has been renamed 'Old'?
Too much Al love?

I changed it.

The thread was originally started as a bit of a joke, to tease the people having shots at Al's Cards in another thread.

This thread is now starting to degrade in the same way the other thread did, with members getting worked-up and not being very civil to one another.

I don't think the site needs this. I definately feel that a thread that I started does not need this. Thus the name change, and subsequent name changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom