Cherry Red Packs - Just $50 - Find an Immaculate Hobby Box Redemption! - Packs Drawn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 3 packs and 2 of the 3 were average at best but one was pretty good, with a Lebron jersey card and a Jrue Holiday Immac patch /3.

Just to add my 2c and play devils advocate a bit

Lets say the Jordan auto is a $500 card on its own so to break even on that 10 packs have to be worth $0 Add in a box of Immac at whatever it costs say $600 (conservatively) that's at least 20 packs. Being that there is some value in all the packs the number of the lower end packs increases.

If a majority of the packs were valued at $50 there would be no room for the higher end hits and the big hit would probably be a $100 Kobe auto.

The tattslotto example used above is the perfect example, if 1 person wins they get $1,000,000 of 1 million people win they all get $1

If you spent $50 on Panini packs you could do a lot worse than most of the above.

If each pack is worth 50 bucks and sold for 50 bucks

then how can we have a jordan auto in there? IMO there is no difference with buying a box or a case... Panini wont tell you whats inside a box you will just get the normal average hit/pack or box or case.. If you guys want 50 bucks worth of cards then buy on ebay. definitely wont get an Imac or Jordan auto for 50 though. just my 2 cents =) btw i bought two packs which Ill bust next week. Ive pretty much thought of getting 10 bucks value on it. If it turns out to be the Jordan then Im going to be very happy =)

Someone did ask for clarification and above was the answer as to what to expect.

I read that as meaning that the majority of packs will be worth the same price as a pack, which in this case was $50. Therefore I think most people also thought that most packs would at least have cards valued at around $50.

Hey guys

I honestly Feel bad to all who got jack $h!t
And good luck to whoever hits something nice can't wait to c who they are lol:whistle:

Just to speak the truth
Anything to do with cherry is a gamble either packs,case breaks,box breaks so we all know that we enter at our own risk and shouldnt complain later

But in saying that with cherry being the only option on here doesn't suprise me in the slightest when they get this much negative publicity about these packs

I think as a general rule Cherry is very good at what he does. I've seen some "competitors" live shows and they truly are second rate (and that's speaking kindly).

However, one thing I think the hobby as a whole has learned from Panini is that a monopoly is not healthy for the customer or the consumer. Competition drives businesses to be better - and I think for that reason we have started to see West Oz Cards on scene of late. Having them around is pushing both parties to deliver a better service and push the boundaries- like offering Cherry Packs. Whilst there are some things I'm sure Cherry would like to do better to satisfy the customer further , I think as a whole it's been pretty good. I mean, we all gripe at panini's customer service or quality control too.

The flip side is, that I agree in full with the logic of buyer should have done a bit more homework. Not every chocolate bar was going to contain a golden ticket ;)

I don't mind hitting air...that's why I joined, for a chance to hit a monster without breaking budget. I knew the gamble. I don't want to doubt Cherry's honesty but would of have been good to have a list of what cards are in each pack so I know that the cards I received are the cards I am suppose to receive. next time i guess.

14-15 TC wade epix gu /199, 12-13 gold std nolan smith golden futures auto. and base in 12-13 panini hobby pack,

for me i woulda liked to have seen a bit better product as the hobby pack in the dud redpacks and a cheaper pack for the ones with a patch/better ( unless that is the case and mine was considered a better pack but im not so sure ) and both cards to be of a decent player,
think i got around $10 worth( including the full retail 3.95 for the hobbypack) which is around half of wat i guess i expected to get in value if i didnt hit,

cant wait to see what the big 5 cards were, hopefully wont b too long before someone shows us there winnings :)

If I took a $50 punt on... Let's say the Bulls to beat the Cavs in 7... And they didn't.. I would lose my dough and of course be a little disappointed.. But that's the thing... It's a gamble.

I'm happy with my pack.. I made my $50 back and I know a lot of you didn't. Sorry to hear but you took a calculated risk.

I appreciate the effort that Cherry went to for this. As someone above said... If every pack had 50 bucks + worth of cards in them... There could be no Jordan etc.

When this rolls around again... I will take the punt once again.

If I took a $50 punt on... Let's say the Bulls to beat the Cavs in 7... And they didn't.. I would lose my dough and of course be a little disappointed.. But that's the thing... It's a gamble.

I'm happy with my pack.. I made my $50 back and I know a lot of you didn't. Sorry to hear but you took a calculated risk.

I appreciate the effort that Cherry went to for this. As someone above said... If every pack had 50 bucks + worth of cards in them... There could be no Jordan etc.

When this rolls around again... I will take the punt once again.

This is getting real funny:lol::rofl:
all the talk about THIS Jordan (which will be college uni $300 max) and wasn't originally planned to be in the packs to begin with

If I'm betting $50 in a 60 horse race I'd want a chance at a better payout than what's on offer here

Got mine.

2011-12 Gold Standard Golden Futures Auto Marshon Brooks
2013-14 Intrigue Top Flight Unis Chris Paul 14/99
Pack: 2012-13 Panini - all base.

Good luck to all those who are still to open their packs. :thumbsup:

Well that's 13/60 opened at least the odds are getting better for those left. The suspense of it all AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

15/60

Kevin Durant Panini Gold Standard on card Auto /49
Ersan Ilyasova Panini Gold Standard Sticker Auto /149
Base Panini pack

Unlucky mate:mad:, was hoping you may have 1 of the hits.

Well that a quarter of them gone now:blink::blink:. Those odds keep increasing for some lucky buggers!!!:):):)

16/60

Kyle Lowry
14/15 prizm gold variant /10
Orlando Johnson
13/14 GS marks of gold auto /99
All base with a decoy (thought I had a patch)

17/60
Kevin McHale
13/14 intrigue imortalized autos gold /10
Al Farouq Aminu
12/13 GS marks of gold auto /99
All base

Not bad packs 2 golds is ok, and the OJ will go straight into the pacers PC.

Durant auto for $50 that's a hit isn't it?
yeah thats def one of the hits.

After reading all of the post in this thread and from someone who has not purchased a spot i would like to say as it has already been said that it is a gamble but for future "releases" if any one is actually going to buy into them there should be a better list of "hits".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom