Cherry Red Packs - Just $50 - Find an Immaculate Hobby Box Redemption! - Packs Drawn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My one is worse than yours ozguy. Stephen Jackson auto + Cleanthony Early swatch. all base on the pack as well. I envy the person who has a Jordan or Lebron. GL everyone. These cards are up for trade.

I haven't checked mine yet, they'll probably be in the mailbox waiting for me after work :D

Guys, unfortunately there is no guarantee that your packs are going to contain items of $50 value (or more). It's like a raffle or a group break. You're paying a small price for a chance to hit it big time. Most packs will have a value of less than 50. A select few packs will have a value of a lot more than 50. It's a gamble. Simple as that.Otherwise, whoever organises stuff like this, would constantly be counting his/her losses.

God knows how many boxes and packs I've opened that weren't worth even a small fraction of what they cost me. But I don't think that anyone who enjoys this hobby sees it based solely on value. It's the fun, the adrenaline of that rare big hit, the completion of that elusive set, the sense of community that keep us going :)

Well disapointed is understatement I understand it's hit and miss I know but the hoops hobby pack is probably worth 3 times what the cards I got prob all up $10 value maybe

Nice idea in principle but last time I do anything like that again

Yeah pulled 2 very average cards from 2009/10 and all base in the pack! Wasn't expecting a lot but a couple of newer cards would of been nice! But that's the luck of the draw!

All base in mind and the 2 cards going for $2 each on feebay but that's my rant over on this subject

I think in future a list of what cards are in the packs beforehand would be a lot more ethical

If i remember correctly there was something pretty much the same on here years ago and everyone was excited but then it turned out like this. I understand luck of the draw etc but it the end u normally only end up with 5-6 happy people. Last time it was kinda the same in the sense that the person running it wanted to dump some low end stock that they couldnt move. I said when i paid for the pack i always get raped in these things as do many people. I like the idea but it really needs work, how i dont know but i think i'll just give them a wide berth from now on.

This is not a dig at Cherry but all in all and dont take this the wrong way but the real winner is G being able to move all the stock he wanted to move without having to try and sell all these low end cards.

In the end gl to who ever hits big.

I agree with Andrew and suggest in the future to include a list or vid showing what cards are in each pack..it will give your buyers more confidence in what they are getting into, could also help you to attract more buyers. Generally thought this was going to be done before the draw from previous experience with pack draws. But was too excited to ask beforehand (first time doing pack draws since years).

I can understand why people are looking for reasons to complain. Its a lot of money to spend if you don't get one of the major hits but seriously you all knew what you were buying into and if you were lucky enough to get one of the major hits your tune would be different.

Feedback is good and l'm sure @cherrycollectables will take it on board.

I did not buy any red packs and I've had horrible luck in team breaks but its the punt you take. It's the same with Tattslotto.

Last edited:
my issue is @GoMoto is for $50 there should be at least a base value of the packs, to get nothing but glorified base cards worth $2 is a joke, it could have been easily resolved and still made a profit for cherry maybe not as big a profit but still a profit

I can understand why people are looking for reasons to complain. Its a lot of money to spend if you don't get one of the major hits but seriously you all knew what you were buying into and if you were lucky enough to get one of the major hits your tune would be different.

Feedback is good and l'm sure @cherry will take it on board.

I did not buy any red packs and I've had horrible luck in team breaks but its the punt you take. It's the same with Tattslotto.

This is very true it is a lottery.

Yes the people who get hits will be happy

But as an outsider who did not buy into this like others have said a more detailed description would be better to avoid the negative impact that seems to be showing up.

• 2014-15 Panini Immaculate Basketball Hobby Box - 1:60 -- (perfectly described)
  • Jordan (added) - 1:60 -- (which auto Jordan is it badly described)
  • Kobe, Durant or LeBron - 1:15 -- (What are these common / Auto /GU Badly described)
  • Patch - 1:3 -- (again no idea badly described)
  • Hobby Pack - 1:1 -- (and again what pack which brand what year badly described)

The above would not have been very hard to list each individual card if I calculate correctly there was only 27 items to be listed.

1 Box
1 Jordan
4 (Kobe, Durant,LeBron)
20 patch cards
1 Type of Hobby pack

Now before anyone thinks I am doing this to make anyone look bad, this is entirely not the point.

The point is --

Seller should have listed contents shipping costs etc. better, as a seller you must disclose as much or even too much info to cover your own butt otherwise and as this thread is proving there will be negative effects.

The buyers should have asked for more detailed description of contents.

So hate to be the one to say it but seller and buyers should have both done better in this case and we should ALL use it as a learning curve.

Anyway had my 2 cents, hope people take my comments the way I have intended them.

And have a nice day.:):):):)

my issue is @GoMoto is for $50 there should be at least a base value of the packs, to get nothing but glorified base cards worth $2 is a joke, it could have been easily resolved and still made a profit for cherry maybe not as big a profit but still a profit
Totally agree! No argument from me.

@Tobes83

BETTER VALUE THAN ANY $50 PACK! BY FAR

"Each pack will have 3 items, including 1 x Hobby Pack! So you Could get even MORE Bang for your buck!!"

With the ratios shown above!

The majority of packs are worth the same price as a pack (better than most products!) AND you could get an Immauclate Hobby Box! but obviously there are some busts and some hits, thats what makes packs fun!

Someone did ask for clarification and above was the answer as to what to expect.

I read that as meaning that the majority of packs will be worth the same price as a pack, which in this case was $50. Therefore I think most people also thought that most packs would at least have cards valued at around $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom