Cards on ebay being totally over priced,

I understand setting a slightly higher price to try and cover eBay fees. But a lot of the time it’s it’s either 1 don’t want to sell but will if it gets big dollars, or 2 the seller really doesn’t know and hasn’t done the correct research.

I'm always surprised when I see stuff like the Futera Super Series cards for sale; all 40 of them for, say, $10 - $20.

Then I'll see someone selling them individually for $2.50 each. Unless you were only chasing a few, better to buy a set.

Last edited:
yes there are other example of this for sure, a set of 1993 commons not worth much, but prices of some cards in that set for massive money, again I hope nobody is paying these amounts, cheers Mark,

The world of trading cards isn’t what it was, I have various stuff on eBay and have never had as many enquires from overseas as I get now, so with more people looking at the market prices will fluctuate

The 1993 set being the first proper commercial set is one that seems to be worth much more now than it used to be, along with the 1996 World Cup set.

Yes, I've noticed World Cup 96 going up in value. Meanwhile, still great value in some of the other sets sitting around $25 for a base set.

To me, there's nothing more magical than being able to buy 110 cards from 95 or 95 or whatever - a great era in cricket - for next to nothing.

Yes, I've noticed World Cup 96 going up in value. Meanwhile, still great value in some of the other sets sitting around $25 for a base set.

To me, there's nothing more magical than being able to buy 110 cards from 95 or 95 or whatever - a great era in cricket - for next to nothing.
Yes it was a great era for cricketing names, and great that international players could be part of the sets, just most of the series were massively over produced, most of the inserts were printed in larger quantities than the common cards are today, so it’s amazing some of the Futera stuff holds as much value as it does

The world of trading cards isn’t what it was, I have various stuff on eBay and have never had as many enquires from overseas as I get now, so with more people looking at the market prices will fluctuate

The 1993 set being the first proper commercial set is one that seems to be worth much more now than it used to be, along with the 1996 World Cup set.
thanks for reply, I am glad things are picking up, it has been down for so long, I hope nobody pays $200.00 plus for a Shane Warne common card, being titled as his rookie card, when it is not, and just a common card from the early futera issues, all the best Mark.

Yes it was a great era for cricketing names, and great that international players could be part of the sets, just most of the series were massively over produced, most of the inserts were printed in larger quantities than the common cards are today, so it’s amazing some of the Futera stuff holds as much value as it does
thanks for feedback

I understand setting a slightly higher price to try and cover eBay fees. But a lot of the time it’s it’s either 1 don’t want to sell but will if it gets big dollars, or 2 the seller really doesn’t know and hasn’t done the correct research.
I think describing something as it is not, ie the Shane Warne cards on ebay now, is more than a mistake, cheers Mark,

Hi Mark,

The card you refer to above is NOT his Rookie (first ever) Card. His first card that I am aware of was the one below. It was released in 1992 as part of the VCA release.

Cheers Chris, from a previous post, cheers, Mark,#2

shane-keith-warne-jpg.354419

Yes the concept of rookie cards isn’t simple, most collectors term the rookie card as the first card the player appears on that is commercially available, which would be this Futera 1993 card, as the 1992 card was a state promotional set

Thanks for reply, I am not into all the rookie American jargon, I just dont like to see common cards being miss advertised, anyway and the end of the day it is down to the buyer to research, I no I have paid too much for cards over the years, all the best Mark,

I think describing something as it is not, ie the Shane Warne cards on ebay now, is more than a mistake, cheers Mark,

Yes clearly so Mark. But the question I was replying to wasn’t being specific about any cards or misleading descriptions, just over priced in general. Clearly some are hugely over price deliberately to try and trick people, which you would hope people are smart enough to do their own research.

Back
Top Bottom