Campa Cola Cricket 1989 India vs Pakistan Sachin Tendulkar rookie card

Vintagecards

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Biraj
I have listed on Salil Ankola card in my thread. Here is another card of Sachin Tendulkar. I have seen his 1992 Pro sport card and 1996 Futera World Cup card. This one is from his tour to Pakistan in 1989.

236272-wm-152850.59999999776_watermarked.jpg

Sachin Tendulkar rookie trading card. Sachin Tendulkar sports trading card from campa cola set 1989.
This is not a post card.

I have never seen or heard about these. Can you place them next to regular cricket cards for size comparison? How many are there in the set?

Size is 2.500 x 3.500. I was able to get cards of 7 players. Still hunting for more to atleast complete set of 11 players, but hard to get it.

The sachin in this set was proven to be fake.

Fyi. Most likely the entire set was created recently just to try to create the illusion of Sachin's true rookie.

Sorry to share but this card has been sold on eBay by the same seller 2x, who has eBay feedback full of complaints around fakes.

If you overlook that, the points that I get stuck on are:

1) Cola is not known to have produced cricket cards in 89.
2) Print quality, that’s an epson home print job if I have ever seen one.
3) The image is from his first game which was in the middle of November 1989. Don’t know of a company that has never turned around a product that quickly, do you?

No idea about this card sold on ebay.
But I know one thing for sure that campa cola used to be the biggest cola manufacturer in India until Coca cola entered Indian market again in I guess 1990 or 1991. There is a high possibility that they must have produced this cards on promotional basis just like Wrigley's did with IPL cricket cards in 2009. When it is done on promotional basis, it is very easy to produce few sets in less than a week. Even TOTAL 1992 cards were also produced on promotional basis when India travelled to South Africa in 1992. Wrigley's also did IPL cricket cards only once in 2009 and it was also on promotional basis.
Up until 2011 India was not known for producing cricket cards on bulk basis. Topps entered Indian market in 2011 to start making cricket players cards on bulk basis to sell it and generate revenues.

Can you send me proof that it is fake. It's like Honus wagner card from baseball. People don't have it so spread rumors that it is fake. Because you don't have it, you can't say it's fake. Prove it it's fake from the company who made it and I will pay you $5000

Back
Top Bottom