Bumping within 24 hours hours of thread creation...

Also to be honest they don't really need to be bumped within 24 hours (keep in mind it was changed from 24 to once per day). The reason people bump is when the thread has gone onto page 2 of a forum. I've just looked at the basketball BST forum and there are only 29 threads there from midnight last night, so four of them would need bumping for that reason and keep in mind you'd consider a Sunday to be one of the busier days given people aren't at work/school.

Thread bumping I can tolerate because I click back about 10 pages and look at stuff listed over a month ago too.. all the goodies that others missed out on.

How about a rule for common courtesy..

For instance, Jaames posts '4 Patch Lot' Which is exactly what he is selling, so not false advertising by any means.
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/4-patch-lot.153133/
but they are all of the same scrub player..
271 people clicked and loaded that page up only to go 'geez wow, caron butler' *sigh* no thanks..

When he should have had the bl**dy common decency to write something like: '4 Caron Butler Patch cards'
so I and the other 200+ people that don't give a fig about poor ol Caron Butler could have avoided it.

Now I know that its great for OCT to get page hits, but honestly IMO, that's plain rude.

***end rant

Back
Top Bottom