Broncos vs Cowboys GF 2016

Yeah I agree the kicks early in the count was hurting.
I want to know what has happened to Brisbane's defence. Last year I think the best match played was the Broncos vs Storm rd 15 that Brisbane won 14-12 due to their defence as Melbourne had huge amounts of possession and through everything at them but couldn't break their line. It was that solid defence rather than flashy attack that took them to the grand final. Now teams are just strolling through massive gaps and scoring with ease. Unless they can bring back that defence they will struggle to not only make the finals but last more than a week.

I don't watch that many Broncos games but they seem very fragile in many areas at present.

In attack any team is reliant on their forwards winning the middle and the ruck. Brisbane's forwards are simply not doing that

They are really struggling to win the ruck for starters and I think there lack of size in the middle is starting to hurt them. Brisbane are mobile but when you have blokes like Adam Blair as a bench prop it is hard to get that impact you need coming from the interchange.

Over achieved? The Broncos should have been carrying the trophy come mad Monday but as we all well know they played for only 79.58mins, Katrina

History doesn't tell me that - it tells me they lost the grand final... History also tells me this year they're not playing anywhere near as well. Seems having Blair bash the halves late don't work 2 years in a row....

I call Blair as the biggest grub and one of the more over rated players in the game. He very rarely breaks tackles and you can count on at least one really poor offload and / or error per game. He regularly gets himself in the back line late in the tackle count and hinders the halves and his first up contact for an international is very ordinary. I really don't know what Bennett sees / saw in him

Blair, Boyd and Milford are by far the best 3 players in our team week by week. Parker is also Mr consistent and a workhorse. I can clearly see that you don't watch all the Broncos games as that's a pretty bad call, Katrina

Blair, Boyd and Milford are by far the best 3 players in our team week by week. Parker is also Mr consistent and a workhorse. I can clearly see that you don't watch all the Broncos games as that's a pretty bad call, Katrina

You are right I don't watch all the Broncos games as I don't support them but the ones I do see feature very poor efforts from Blair in both attack and defence. I think Tallis was right about Blair, he is a thug and I think more of a liability than not

I would agree with Boyd, Blair so so but Milford had been awful and Hunt must be very close to being dropped by now
I really think that something internal is going on at the Broncos because Parker said 2 months ago he was about to resign with a new 2 year contract that would see him break all the club records etc etc. But for some strange reason just before State of Origin game 2 he announced that he was now retired from Origin and this was his last season at the Broncos???? Something is not right, Katrina

You are right I don't watch all the Broncos games as I don't support them but the ones I do see feature very poor efforts from Blair in both attack and defence. I think Tallis was right about Blair, he is a thug and I think more of a liability than not
Personally I think every club needs a Blair or a Ennis as these type of players add grit and niggle in the middle. Blair's defense when he's playing well is world class, Katrina

Personally I think every club needs a Blair or a Ennis as these type of players add grit and niggle in the middle. Blair's defense when he's playing well is world class, Katrina

From what I can see, and as I mentioned I don't see every Brisbane game his first up contact is very poor. Blair was solid enough at Melbourne because he was surrounded by class, terrible at the Tigers and had some okay patches last year but this year, poor.

I agree that every team needs a player who can niggle and add grit etc but it is a fine line. Ennis is the master, gets away with so much, Smith is also a great niggler but Blair is very overt in how he goes about it and concedes some stupid penalties. I would say he is also one of the worst in the game for late, unnecessary contact and diving at the legs of kickers. Just my opinion though.

Eels survived another week of turmoil without imploding, think their SF football chances virtually evaporated with the loss to the sharks last week but they still keep turning up each week.
Every game they have left to play is against a team 5th -12th on the ladder so their performance will probably decide the 8. The only team with a shot at finals footy they don't play are the Titans

edit: stuffed up they do play the titans don't play the dogs

Last edited:
Well, para did systematically cheat the cap. If that was the Dogs or Roosters, it'd be a thousand times worse in the news and forums and grandstands.

Granted it's not the coach or players fault. But I do seem to remember the para tears in 2010 about losing 2009 to Melbourne. It's good the eels won but they shouldn't be allowed near finals footy. If storm played for no points in 2010 so should para.

Does anyone know when/if Parramatta are gonna lose their points? They have supposed to be losing them every week since mid-May.

They are losing them right now as we speak. You should see the Nrl headquarters, there are news cameras everywhere. Katrina

Well, para did systematically cheat the cap. If that was the Dogs or Roosters, it'd be a thousand times worse in the news and forums and grandstands.

Granted it's not the coach or players fault. But I do seem to remember the para tears in 2010 about losing 2009 to Melbourne. It's good the eels won but they shouldn't be allowed near finals footy. If storm played for no points in 2010 so should para.
Haven't you read the daily telegraph this year or watched NRL360.

At least every week there is a negative parra story

The journalists have been having a field day on parra for months

must hurt them in ways to see us still winning games despite all the adversity we have faced, yes some is self inflicted but a mean injury toll isn't

Parramatta have now have been officially penalized and have been dropped to 12th on the ladder with still an amazing 12 points, Katrina

Back
Top Bottom