Bittersweet first ever eBay auction.

Rusty82

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Russell
eBay User
russd1982
So my first ever auction came to a close yesterday and I was happy… then immediately concerned.
My card sold for a little less than I was hoping, however the final, and winning bid, came from a user littered with bad feedback for being a serial non-payer.
Being my first auction I had no idea I literally had to vet all my bids. I’m also shocked that eBay continues to let this user bid and not pay time and time again. Have many others come across these types?
Considering they won the auction I guess I’ll give the benefit of four days before cancelling, relisting and then blocking user, as to keep things fair on my end.
Here’s a little snapshot of their feedback. Happy to name user as well if people need someone to block.

22E51F4F-8481-41A1-B9C3-A50FA684E652.png

Well his user name is at the top anyway but his feedback score is littered with non-paying and no communication comments. Definitely one to avoid. How does eBay let this user scam bid time and time again without being banned. Has well over 10+ incidents of buying/winning and not paying, and a feedback score of nearly 150, leading me to believe that eBay does nothing about it.

Last edited:
I guess I just can’t understand that eBay haven’t banned their account permanently, there’s 20+ negative msgs, leading me to think surely they’ve been reported numerous times for the same issue.. winning bids, not paying, no communication! How many chances do these fn people get! Massive waste of time, not to mention if I relist, people have seen exactly what the last auction recently went for.
Maybe I just needed to learn my lesson… vet every freakin bid and remove any that look dodgy. Wtf is wrong with people… and eBay! Smh

the good old ebay jungle
when it's good,its great = mature adult bid's, then pay's , then leaves positive feedback = win
the flip side can be brutal
dealing with kids, jerk off's , moron's and straight up dudes just wanting to wreck your day.
dont let it get to you, or bring you down mate (most sellers deal with this weekly)
let it go, realist your card and put it behind you

Cheers for the advise. Yeah will move on… not before blocking, reporting his ass and hopefully getting him banned first. Dude has history so if eBay comes through it’ll be a win for everyone.

Similar but slightly different - an eBay question.

Had a ‘just about to be a’ winning bid on a box of old school cards last week.

Then just before closing time I got a message saying “your bid has been cancelled - see bid history for reason” or something like that.

Bid History told me nothing.

Box then got re-listed minutes later with a higher starting bid than my ‘almost’ winning bid (that seriously only had 1min remaining).

Any idea what this is all about?

Feels like they just decided they didn’t like that outcome so they started again.

Is that allowed? Kinda feels like it defeats the purpose of an auction if the seller can just change their mind when they don’t like the price.

Thoughts…???

Back
Top Bottom