Big news for the collingwood faithful

piefan

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jarrad
eBay User
builttohurt
Trial cameras will be placed inside of the goal posts at the Collingwood vs Hawthornn game. The cameras will be 40cm and 3m off the ground. Ten claims they can provide a replay from these cameras within 3 seconds. With the suspension of Leigh Brown, Josh Fraser will likely play his 200th game this weekend. When Brown returns next weekend for round one of the finals, Collingwood will play an Adam Cooney deprived Bulldogs. Conney will miss the entire finals series as it looks at the moment.

comments? thoughts?

so why is this a collingwood thread, shouldnt it be a new technology AFL thread or something? i nearly didnt bother even coming in here coz of the title lol
but im glad i did coz im a hawks supporter and i didnt know about those cameras. good idea i think and if it works and its quick enough they might even start using them in the tough umpire calls.

fair enough question. All 3 of the stories are directly linked to and will directly affect collingwood.
dont get me wrong though, i am not happy that Cooney is out.

cameras will be inserted inside of the padding. looks like the padding will go alot higher than it normally does :lol:
my understanding is that they will not be used to make decisions, but Geishan (sp?) will be testing them out to see how quick they can get the replay and stuff like that. basically to see if they will be any use next year. they WILL however be used in the NAB cup next year.

cameras will be inserted inside of the padding. looks like the padding will go alot higher than it normally does :lol:
my understanding is that they will not be used to make decisions, but Geishan (sp?) will be testing them out to see how quick they can get the replay and stuff like that. basically to see if they will be any use next year. they WILL however be used in the NAB cup next year.

So you know they WILL be used in Nab Cup Next Year?

thats correct Jacob.
heres hoping that after all that they have done to speed the game up, this idea will be binned. the simple fact i see is that you win some, you lose some. this coupled with the interchange rules could see a 3 hour game become a 4 hour game :(

I hope the interchange rules don't change the game...

LOL, but you know they will right.
the AFL has looked at the stats wrong. the injuries are not increasing because the rotations are incresing, its the other way around, rotations are increasing becuase injuries are increasing.
Demetriou (sp?) thanks for ruining a perfectly good sport

LOL, but you know they will right.
the AFL has looked at the stats wrong. the injuries are not increasing because the rotations are incresing, its the other way around, rotations are increasing becuase injuries are increasing.
Demetriou (sp?) thanks for ruining a perfectly good sport

Very True :thumbsup:

i would rather have human error, although its not that hard to see that Byrnes' kick was a goal and Hawkins grand final kick was a point. i think the umpires forget that we are there to see a game of football and not to see them. MAGGOTS :lol:

angelo, i agree with you.
the same way i wouldnt want my team to play without the best 22, you also dont want it for other teams. i think it also takes away something from the finals series (kinda like what happened in the 2007 GF, which i think everyone but geelong supporters turned the game off at half time)

Back
Top Bottom