Big Bash League 2011/12 (SPOILERS)

Tricolour

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Brandon
With the first game about to get underway, the excitement for this new competition is sky high!

Who have you chosen to get behind and why?

Come to this thread for all your BBL predictions and discussion.

:thumbsup:

Re: Big Bash League 2011/12

Sydney Thunder, had to follow a Sydney team and it wasn't going to be the 6ers cause they just look far to gay for my liking.

My predictions-

Melbourne Renegades
Sydney Thunder
Melbourne Stars
Sydney 6ers
Brisbane Heat
Perth Scorchers
Adelaide Strikers
Hobart Hurricanes

McCullum gets hit in the face by Lee!

How about instead of laughing at someone's thoughts you just put up your own predictions

Couldn't be bothered to tell you the truth..... Strikers would have been top 2 with Pollard... Still won't finish bottom 2.......

This Big Bash is over rated, mish mash, generic and money orientated crap... It has no fing meaning and no history to it at all, in any way..... What was wrong with them doing the whole image change with the states remaining as they were... Oh that's right more money it for over played players, officials and of course CA......

I'm supporting the Sydney 6ers, although I might pass on the merchandise and supporter wear seeing as though it is pink! :p

Anything that brings people through the gates is terrific, the timeslot is good for families and viewers too.

However, the timing of the event is utterly and completely ridiculous - to think that no Shield cricket will be played during a marquee Test series is unforgivable in my opinion. Phil Hughes, like him or not, should not have to piss around at club level in order to find form and confidence. That is what First Class cricket is for.

Phil Hughes would be lucky to make the state squad, he can start from scratch in club cricket....
On the Big Bash im finding it hard to accept the team colours, Brisbane Heat Blue, 6ers Pink, Sydney Thunder Green and the Melbourne Stars Green they looked like the Pakistan Cricket team, yes i know new comp, new merchandise, still not comfortable with it....

However, the timing of the event is utterly and completely ridiculous - to think that no Shield cricket will be played during a marquee Test series is unforgivable in my opinion. Phil Hughes, like him or not, should not have to piss around at club level in order to find form and confidence. That is what First Class cricket is for.

Looks like I picked the wrong Melbourne team Renegades where **** lol. Scorchers bowling well to the Hurricanes and PONTING FAILS in a different format.

While I stand by my last statement... it has no History/heart etc etc I'm actually starting to enjoy watching it! Maybe it was just because an Adelaide branded side SMACKED a Melbourne branded side! :p

The STrikers batted very very well and also bowled well, they'll be right up there, they have a really balanced line up.

It probably also helps that my 8 year old son is getting into it with me so that could see us at a match in the new year too!

Scorhers in huge trouble against the Hurricanes!

---------- Post added 18-12-2011 at 11:23 PM ----------

While I stand by my last statement... it has no History/heart etc etc I'm actually starting to enjoy watching it! Maybe it was just because an Adelaide branded side SMACKED a Melbourne branded side! :p

The STrikers batted very very well and also bowled well, they'll be right up there, they have a really balanced line up.

It probably also helps that my 8 year old son is getting into it with me so that could see us at a match in the new year too!

They also have a gun leggy in their squad James Muirhead. Went to my school he made 180 in a T20 match so he can hold a stick aswell. Also represented Australia in the u19 world cup.

This format of the game is a joke.... There is zero thinking when it comes to batting and bowling!!!!.... The worst team in the league can beat the best team in the league if they have a good 2 or 3 overs???? Pretty sad if you ask me as i played high level cricket as a kid and there was alot more to do than just bash the ball around for a few overs....

Back
Top Bottom