Best Siblings in the AFL?

Ja$e

To infinity and beyond...
Real Name
Jason
eBay User
jvalles69
With Joel Selwood winning the NAB rising star award I thought I'd look at the best present siblings in the league and rank them based on what I think. Feel free to state your opinion in change the order accordingly.

1. Chad & Kane Cornes
2. Joel, Troy & Adam Selwood (with another to come)
3. Joel & Patrick Bowden
4. Peter & Shaun Burgoyne
5. Heath & Rhys Shaw
6. Darryl & Shane Wakelin
7. Gary & Nathan Ablett
8. Brett & Chad Jones
9. Ryan & Nathan Lonie
10. Aaron & Alwyn Davey

Feel free to point out any that I have missed because I know I have. Unsure if Craig & Jude Bolton are brothers or cousins?

With Joel Selwood winning the NAB rising star award I thought I'd look at the best present siblings in the league and rank them based on what I think. Feel free to state your opinion in change the order accordingly.

1. Chad & Kane Cornes
3. Joel & Patrick Bowden
5. Darryl & Shane Wakelin
6. Mark & Jason Johnson
7. Gary & Nathan Ablett
8. Brett & Chad Jones
9. Ryan & Nathan Lonie

Feel free to point out any that I have missed because I know I have. Unsure if Craig & Jude Bolton are brothers or cousins?

The Clokes (Cameron at Carlton and Travis at Collingwood) round out 10.

I dont know if Heath and Rhyce Shaw of Collingwood are brothers or cousins.

The Boltons are unrelated as I know; there birthdays are about 6 months or so apart and Sydney gets calls about how they have misprinted either Jude or Craig's birthdate.

Also Mark and Jason Johnson arent brothers; Mark's younger brother, David Johnson, plays for Geelong, but they are unrelated.

Also I reckon the Ablett brothers deserve to much higher than 7th; the Bowden brothers shouldnt be at 3 in my opinon either, but apart from that, pretty good.

1. Chad & Kane Cornes
3. Joel & Patrick Bowden
5. Darryl & Shane Wakelin
6. Mark & Jason Johnson
7. Gary & Nathan Ablett
8. Brett & Chad Jones
9. Ryan & Nathan Lonie

The Johnsons arn't brothers mate.

And while I;m a Melbourne boy, clearly the Burgoyne's should be number 2 there. The Selwoods are just starting out and the Bowdens are really just 1 :p

The Shaw brothers from Collingwood would also have to be top 5.

The Johnsons arent brothers
and at least one of the Wakelins has retired

Gotta be the Selwoods, Joel is a gun, and Scott is gunna be even better

The Clokes (Cameron at Carlton and Travis at Collingwood) round out 10.

I dont know if Heath and Rhyce Shaw of Collingwood are brothers or cousins.

The Boltons are unrelated as I know; there birthdays are about 6 months or so apart and Sydney gets calls about how they have misprinted either Jude or Craig's birthdate.

Also Mark and Jason Johnson arent brothers; Mark's younger brother, David Johnson, plays for Geelong, but they are unrelated.

Also I reckon the Ablett brothers deserve to much higher than 7th; the Bowden brothers shouldnt be at 3 in my opinon either, but apart from that, pretty good.

They are brothers, both Ray Shaw's sons, their cousin, Tony's son, played for Williamstown (collingwood reserves) but never made the senior team

Also i reckon the Burgoynes should be above the Bowdens

Automatically the Hird brothers... and they haven't even played yet..

Umm and why are the wakelins over the abletts?? And if both wakelins are in why aren't the scotts? And if the scotts come in why aren't the Lloyds in too? And if the Lloyds are in why aren't the picketts? And if the picketts are in why don't we bring in the relatives, like the daveys or the the lovetts (lovett murray).. hell lets even go back to the danihers..

List edited.

I've ranked them based on lots of factors including consistency (why the Bowdens are just above the Burgoynes IMO). The Abletts are at 7 because Gary is way out of Nathans league at the moment & 1 awesome player & 1 mediocre (right now) layer averages them at that level.

List edited.

I've ranked them based on lots of factors including consistency (why the Bowdens are just above the Burgoynes IMO). The Abletts are at 7 because Gary is way out of Nathans league at the moment & 1 awesome player & 1 mediocre (right now) layer averages them at that level.

But Gary Ablett far outweighs Joel Bowden, and Nathan and Patrick are both mediocre

Mate sorry but i dont agree with that list how can Patrick Bowdon be any good? i mean his mob finished last and he has been playing 2's for majority of the season? The Burgoynes are far better IMO.

Mate sorry but i dont agree with that list how can Patrick Bowdon be any good? i mean his mob finished last and he has been playing 2's for majority of the season? The Burgoynes are far better IMO.

Hey guys, I'm not taking 1 year into account. Patrick had a shit year this year but his past 2 years were right up there with his brothers. Patrick overall in his AFL time has been better than Nathan.

Hey guys, I'm not taking 1 year into account. Patrick had a shit year this year but his past 2 years were right up there with his brothers. Patrick overall in his AFL time has been better than Nathan.

If you include getting soft, nothing possessions in the back line a good season, then Ok. Not a wrap for Nathan either, but seriously. Anyone can get possessions by chipping it around in the back line.

Back
Top Bottom