Basketball Strategy, Stats & Insight, Promising Player Game Stats, Cool links & stories thread

IMG_1825.jpeg

I get it, he respects the history , but my guy needs to update his list no?

No one can be pushed off that list ever apart from Malone and Tiny - weird premise

As with you I understand that guys like to respect their and earlier generations but I do find it weird that some are so dismissive of current players. (As a disclaimer I didn't watch the video because I just aren't that interested, so if anything I say conflicts with it then that is why!).

You can't really fault his first eight guys. West and Baylor are a little higher than most would have them, but I would view them in the 12-15 range so no biggy if someone wants them 8-10.

But it's hard to see how Archibald and Malone move ahead of Kobe, Duncan, Olajuwon. Shaq and even Curry let alone LeBron.

And what did Bird do to Dr J?! (Does the video explain it?)

I think a top 10 is really hard but my top 15 would be the guys I added plus his top 8 so its not the worst list I've seen from a former player. In fact if you just subbed Malone and Archibald with James and Bird it wouldn't be toooo bad.

As with you I understand that guys like to respect their and earlier generations but I do find it weird that some are so dismissive of current players. (As a disclaimer I didn't watch the video because I just aren't that interested, so if anything I say conflicts with it then that is why!).

You can't really fault his first eight guys. West and Baylor are a little higher than most would have them, but I would view them in the 12-15 range so no biggy if someone wants them 8-10.

But it's hard to see how Archibald and Malone move ahead of Kobe, Duncan, Olajuwon. Shaq and even Curry let alone LeBron.

And what did Bird do to Dr J?! (Does the video explain it?)

I think a top 10 is really hard but my top 15 would be the guys I added plus his top 8 so its not the worst list I've seen from a former player. In fact if you just subbed Malone and Archibald with James and Bird it wouldn't be toooo bad.

if he said top players all time until 2004 who have completed their career then that would have been some tight parameters but ok…. all time though - that’s a bit tough to defend. His list though so who really cares In the end.

Has anybody ever got a game worn patch card where it looks like it's been cut from an autographed jersey?

I have a card from a break that has texta on it, like the patch was either from a signed jersey they acquired (or they used a texta to set the margins of the patches they put in the cards)

Back
Top Bottom