Auction sniper questions

Chris_Paul3

CP3-Hornets Collector
Real Name
Esko
With all the talk of auction snipers i had a few questions if anyone can help.

Do u still pay through ebay as normal for the item ? and Auction sniper automatically takes the 1% of the sale fee from your credit card or do u pay through auction sniper ( the item and the fees ) ?

Any feedback would be great :thumbsup:

Also what is the meaning of the insurance for shipping ? does Auction sniper take care of insurance ?

I use free snipes which basically just bids on your behalf and you pay through ebay as per normal...the snipe is within the last 10 secs though...it works well enough for me

Any worries with security?

I haven't used before, only looking cause of the discussion here and it says to sign up you have to enter your ebay ID/password

Hey guys..... yeah you have to use your ebay id & password.... but I haven't had any problems with it.... don't think they would stay in business long if they started bidding on cards with your account :lol:

Yeah..... you pay like normal via ebay, they just place the bid for you at a time which you can set.... default is like 3 seconds before the auctions ends.

You can then manage all your auctions you have placed snipes on & all past ones as well. :thumbsup:

Hey guys..... yeah you have to use your ebay id & password.... but I haven't had any problems with it.... don't think they would stay in business long if they started bidding on cards with your account :lol:

Yeah..... you pay like normal via ebay, they just place the bid for you at a time which you can set.... default is like 3 seconds before the auctions ends.

You can then manage all your auctions you have placed snipes on & all past ones as well. :thumbsup:

sweet thx:thumbsup:

?
and Auction sniper automatically takes the 1% of the sale fee from your credit card or do u pay through auction sniper ( the item and the fees )

A sniping service is totally separate from eBay. You pay for your eBay item as you normally do, and pay for the sniping service however it is that they accept payment.

Http://www.hidbid.com is a sniping service that you can use. You get five free snipes per week, so unless you're a heavy bidder, you'd not have to pay to snipe.

Just remember that sniping is more of a convenience for people who don't want to draw early attention to an item, it doesn't mean you'll automatically win.

Regardless of when your bid is placed, it has to be the highest to win. UNLESS, 2 bids are the same or there's not enough difference between them to meet ebay's minimum bid increment. In this case, the 1st of the 2 bids accepted by ebay wins.

Also, you should understand ebay's proxy bidding system and know their minimum bid increments, when sniping or buying on ebay period.

Here are links to the minimum bid increments:

Bid Increments

Bid increments

eBay UK: Help : Basics : FAQ : Item

So werden Erhöhungsschritte berechnet (beim Bieten)

Bid increments

Also what is the meaning of the insurance for shipping ? does Auction sniper take care of insurance ?

You would pay for shipping insurance when you paid for the item, if the seller offers it. You can look at the shipping details section of the eBay listing page to see if they do. I think it is often already factored in to the shipping price you pay.

I've looked around for an answer to this question, but can't find reference anywhere.

I am looking at a US only auction, and have received permission to bid...however when I go to bid it says the auction is open only to US accounts...and I don't think the seller wants to open it to every OS bidder (which helps me!!). Question is: if I set up a snipe, will it work or will the bid be rejected for the same reason...basically does it block you due to IP or account information (I suspect the latter)?

nope wont work, bid will be rejected by ebay but the snipe will go thru.......only to be rejected

Back
Top Bottom