Artest Traded!!

lockymac

Graded Mint 10 by GEM!!!
Real Name
Lachlan
eBay User
lockymac
Goes to the Kings for Peja Stojakovic!

NDIANAPOLIS -- The Indiana Pacers have agreed to trade Ron Artest to the Sacramento Kings in exchange for Peja Stojakovic pending league approval, ESPN's Jim Gray has confirmed Tuesday.

The deal closes a chapter in the Pacers' latest drama involving the volatile star forward.

Ron Artest
Small Forward
Indiana Pacers

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
16 19.4 4.9 2.2 45.992 61.157

Kings owners Gavin and Joe Maloof on ESPNEWS would not comment directly on ESPN's report that the Kings pending league approval will trade Peja Stojakovic to the Pacers for Ron Artest.

Artest was a key component to a team that was expected to challenge for the Eastern Conference crown. He led the league in steals and was the Pacers' second-leading scorer at 19.4 points a game before being deactivated after publicly requesting a trade in early December.

In five years with the Pacers, Artest was an All-Star once and was the NBA's defensive player of the year in 2003-04.

Pacers GM Larry Bird said the Pacers had been interested in Corey Maggette of the Los Angeles Clippers, but there was "no question" that Maggette's sprained left foot affected the process. Maggette averaged 21.7 points in 13 games before getting injured in early December.

The Pacers have lost four of their last five games, including Monday to the Atlanta Hawks, who have the NBA's worst record.

I'm thinking they may stay with former Sydney King S-Jax at Shooting Guard and start Crazy Ron at Small Forward instead of Croshere
That is a nice line up!

Billyhoyle said:
Nice lineup for pacers

tinsley/Jasikevicius
Artest/jackson/jones
jackson/artest/granger
croshere/bender/Foster
O'neal/foster

don't you mean (cos artest was traded to the kings)

tinsley/Jasikevicius
Jackson/jones
Peja/jackson/granger
croshere/bender/Foster
O'neal/foster[/QUOTE]

Bender will be forced to retire.. he wont play again..

According to ESPN TV and also the Beckett message board there is some news now that Artest has come out and said he doesn't want to play for Sacramento and the trade could be off...apparently this has upset the Kings owners....

Artest Trade To Kings Off
Ron Artest's saga in Indiana continues on. The Pacers tried to trade Artest to the Kings for Peja Stojakovic, but ESPN's Jim Gray reports the deal is off because Artest turned it down.

yeah i read this, what a tosser!
he cant dictate the terms and where he plays when he is earning millions
of dollars and is lucky to still be playing in the NBA after last years showing.
How selvish can a player get! #-o

I think the trade is still going through as the Kings have not played Peja vs Philly. Why would they rest him other wise??

espn said:
A tentative agreement for a trade that would have sent Indiana Pacers forward Ron Artest to the Sacramento Kings in exchange for Peja Stojakovic has collapsed, ESPN's Jim Gray reported Tuesday.

Gray reported earlier Tuesday that both teams had agreed to the trade, pending league approval. Then, according to Gray, Artest informed both teams he did not want to go to the Kings. In light of that, Gray reported, the Kings have decided against the trade.

Artest confirmed to The Indianapolis Star that the deal had collapsed, but he left open the possibility something still could happen.

"There's no deal," Artest told the newspaper by telephone. "It's not that I don't want to play there ... I'm letting my agent handle things. He's taken over things."

Artest told the Star he is not against a trade but would like to be involved in negotiations.

"I just want to meet with team officials of whichever team I'm headed to," he said in a story posted on the newspaper's Web site. "I want to play, but I'm following the rules I have to follow. If I have to sit out, I sit out the season."

Indiana coach Rick Carlisle also said Tuesday night the trade with the Kings wasn't going to happen.

"There is no trade right now and there may not be a trade," Carlisle said before Indiana played the Cavaliers in Cleveland. "There's nothing to talk about because there is no trade."

"Anything involving speculation and 'what's up' can be saved for another time," he said. "If there is a trade at some point, you'll hear about it."

Donnie Walsh, the Pacers' chief executive and president, issued a statement echoing Carlisle's remarks.

"As I have said before, until there is a deal completed, we do not have a deal," the statement said. "We do not have a deal and will not comment on any premature reports regarding a trade involving Ron Artest."

The deal would have ended a lengthy standoff between the Pacers and Artest, who was deactivated in December after requesting a trade and was suspended most of last season for his role in one of the worst brawls in U.S. sports history.

Sacramento officials and coach Rick Adelman would not comment before the team played at Philadelphia on Tuesday night, and Stojakovic was not at the arena with the team. He was listed on the active roster, however.

"He's got to be a little confused right now if they wanted to trade him," Kings forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim said of Stojakovic.

Before the deal apparently broke down, Kings players were already talking about the trade as if it was a done deal.

"Peja will be missed," Kings forward Corliss Williamson said. "He's been in Sacramento for a lot of years, but life goes on in the NBA.

"We'll welcome Ron Artest with open arms and hope he'll be able to help us. You always hear about the situations he's been in and all the hype. Maybe this is the change he needs, to come into our system and flourish."

Even Stojakovic himself had braced for the eventuality of a trade when word spread of his involvement. He was told by the Kings to stay behind at the team hotel when they left for Tuesday's game at Philadelphia.

Meanwhile, the Pacers are still looking for a place to send Artest.

Artest was a key component to a team that was expected to challenge for the Eastern Conference crown. He led the league in steals and was the Pacers' second-leading scorer at 19.4 points a game before being deactivated after publicly requesting a trade in early December.

In five years with the Pacers, Artest was an All-Star once and was the NBA's defensive player of the year in 2003-04.

Pacers GM Larry Bird said the Pacers had been interested in Corey Maggette of the Los Angeles Clippers, but there was "no question" that Maggette's sprained left foot affected the process. Maggette averaged 21.7 points in 13 games before getting injured in early December.

The Pacers have lost four of their last five games, including Monday to the Atlanta Hawks, who have the NBA's worst record.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

NBA.COM said:
"A trade that would have sent Ron Artest to Sacramento for Peja Stojakovic has collapsed," writes Mark Montieth of THE INDIANAPOLIS STAR. "The Kings reportedly called off the deal because of Artest's reluctance to play for them, although Artest was vague about his wishes in a conversation with The Indianapolis Star."

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060124/SPORTS04/60124024

And then foxsports reporting that there is no trade AT all .
FoxSports said:
CLEVELAND (AP) - The Ron Artest trade to Sacramento is off - for now.

The Pacers had reportedly agreed to ship the volatile forward to the Sacramento Kings for Peja Stojakovic, but Indiana coach Rick Carlisle said Tuesday night that no deal was imminent.

"There is no trade right now and there may not be a trade," Carlisle said before Indiana played the Cavaliers in Cleveland. "There's nothing to talk about because there is no trade."

ESPN and The Indianapolis Star had reported earlier Tuesday that the teams had agreed to the trade, which was merely awaiting league approval. But Carlisle shot down that report.

"Anything involving speculation and 'what's up' can be saved for another time," Carlisle said. "If there is a trade at some point, you'll hear about it."

Artest confirmed to the Star that the deal had collapsed, but left open the possibility that something could still happen.

"There's no deal," Artest told the newspaper by telephone. "It's not that I don't want to play there ... I'm letting my agent handle things. He's taken over things."

Artest's agent, Mark Stevens, had told The Associated Press earlier Tuesday that a deal to move Artest "is imminent, almost as soon as possible." After the trade apparently collapsed, he did not return phone calls from the AP.

The deal would have ended a lengthy standoff between the Pacers and Artest, who was deactivated in December after requesting a trade and was suspended most of last season for his role in one of the worst brawls in U.S. sports history.

Sacramento officials and coach Rick Adelman would not comment before the team played at Philadelphia on Tuesday night, and Stojakovic was not at the arena with the team. He was listed on the active roster but was nowhere to be seen at tipoff.

"He's got to be a little confused right now if they wanted to trade him," Kings forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim said of Stojakovic, who had traveled with the team but stayed behind at the hotel.

Before the deal apparently broke down, Kings players were already talking about the trade as if it was a done deal.

"Peja will be missed," Kings forward Corliss Williamson said. "He's been in Sacramento for a lot of years, but life goes on in the NBA.

"We'll welcome Ron Artest with open arms and hope he'll be able to help us. You always hear about the situations he's been in and all the hype. Maybe this is the change he needs, to come into our system and flourish."

Instead, the Pacers are still looking for a place to send Artest.

Peja didn't get on the bus and stayed at the hotel. My Bad!!!!
Damit I quickly added Artest back onto my fantasy Team first thing thismoring.#-o Man what is wrong with this guy, you would think you would be keen to get back on the court.

Back
Top Bottom