Anyone want any trading cards framed???

i would trade you cards etc for just the professionally cut matboard - i like framing stuff up DIY but never used matboard before. Ill have to see what i need framed and see if you can help me out

No worries mate remember if its flat it can be framed up nice and easy. Can go double or even triple matting whichever size and colours you like and all it will cost you is some cards. Not bad eh ;)

how much would something like this cost mate? like if i was to give you cards as an offer what kind of value are we looking at, i want to make an offer without being rude but ahah as i really have no idea.

How would you go abouts posting matting though? my key concern is that it would get bent in the post or damaged.

I understand the concern and a valid point i just sent one out and what i did was put 2 pieces of thin craftwood (the type on a frame) on each side and bigger than the mat itself nicely taped up so the mat cant move and i put scrap mat on the face to prevent any scratching so if it does arrive bent by any chance it would have to take the 2 pieces of wood snapping and that stuff doesnt snap easy. It cost me $13 to post it to QLD from the ACT but i wore the cost as long as the board arrives in the same condition as if left my hands. I hope that clears up any concerns

no that will wreck the card. the trick to use is cheap masking tape. you would be suprised it holds and if you ever want to dissasemble it the tape wont rip the cards unless its the older card on non gloss cardboard then you would keep the card in a plastic sleeve but you would use a new one without creases so it doesnt show at night time when the light glares on it. For photos that tape is also good for the same reason but if you want the pic to stay in the frame the best thing is double sided tape on the top of the mat so it floats and theres no chance of it warping like it would when you tape up all sides (a common error) and its nearly impossible to get the photo perfectly strected out without it being warped i let the frame itself straighten the pic out. I dont even need the cards all i need to know what size the cards are and pictures providing you want another custom layout and what size frame it will be put in.

---------- Post added 23-07-2011 at 01:39 PM ----------

Heres one i just finished today its an old black sabbath LP for a mate. I would have used a circle cutter to follow the record but the frame size wouldnt allow it with it looking like crap

picture2600.jpg

Yeah thats why i like to use to low stick cheap tape. Over time the high stick stuff will discolour your picture behind but this stuff it usually rips straight off. Using proper double sided tape is ideal and will eliminate that problem but the prob is with that the tape will be on the face of the photo and say goodbye to your picture if you ever want to take it out and this method is worthless with trading cards cause the windows cut are just slightly smaller than the item and there is nothing for the card to hold onto. That and again the card will tear if you dont put it in a plastic sleeve.

Thread is closed will not be making anymore offers im sure a framing shop will be more than happy to take your money. Have a great day...

Back
Top Bottom