Another sook about paypal

Coopz05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Coopz
eBay User
healfan
Im sure we all have many issues with ebay/paypal. Some of which I have shared before.

But this time, they put restrictions on my account a month ago to hold all funds for 21 days for anything I ship to US. Long story, been over it before. Basically they told me to only send $21 registered post, so I did, then a member gave me below 5 stars for shipping costs, and now I have limitations of only 10 items per month and can not have my money for 21 days for their security etc etc. Didn't matter to them that the member had a rating of 4 and is no longer a registered user vs me, a ten year member with nearly 1000 feedback at 100%. To them, I'm a risk seller now. wtf?

So.... I sent a card to US 2 weeks ago. It arrived within 3-4 days. The buyer left positive feedback, and after phone calls and emails to both paypal and ebay, they still will not release the money until the 21 days (another 8 days from now)

Why I asked, again and again.... he has the item, and was happy with it, you've done you job protecting them.

I tell you what I told them.

I think this is a scam in itself, so that Paypal can bank all of our money and on top of their ridiculous fees, I think they are now using this "protection" to make millions of dollars of interest from money that it not rightfully theirs....

To which they said "Oh, well I know nothing about whether that happens, but I understand your frustration"

I replied "Really? Does the company withhold you salary for 21 days when you get paid? Thanks for nothing... yet again.

Yeah its bullshit mate especially when the buyer cannot open a case after they have left positive feedback.

Had the same thing happen to me recently. Just keep hassling them on email. Took me about 8 emails to get my funds released.

If they were registered as a financial institution, you could take them to the ombudsmen over this. But that is the loophole they've found - even though they act like a financial institution they can escape all of the responsibilities by not registering as one.

I used to cop that same BS as a new seller.

I understand the protection thing, but when a delivery is confirmed at the end, even with the buyer posting feedback to say all is received, they still hold it until you flood them with emails and they say " Oh yes, now we can see that it has been received"

Never got resolved. I had to wait until today to get it. Even though the buyer got it over a week ago...

And Im not a new seller, Im a 10 year member with nearly 1000 feedback rating. Its a scam I say.

Just another bitch about ebay/paypal just seen in paper today you will be charged a final value fee on item and postage now.they are nothing but money hungry cunts,everything about ebay now is the buyer and fuck the sellers because they want you to offer free postage,thoughts anyone

Just another bitch about ebay/paypal just seen in paper today you will be charged a final value fee on item and postage now.they are nothing but money hungry c***s,everything about ebay now is the buyer and f*** the sellers because they want you to offer free postage,thoughts anyone
Mate its an absolute Joke, As they own PAYPAL, they already take from the total inc postage when people choose to pay that way. Now they want to double up again.
They also own GUMTREE, and charge to bump etc after the first 24 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just another bitch about ebay/paypal just seen in paper today you will be charged a final value fee on item and postage now.they are nothing but money hungry c***s,everything about ebay now is the buyer and f*** the sellers because they want you to offer free postage,thoughts anyone

They've been doing that on the US site for quite awhile now.

Mate its an absolute Joke, As they own PAYPAL, they already take from the total inc postage when people choose to pay that way. Now they want to double up again.

this is why a monopoly is not good, once they own everything associated with their main product, they can charge as they like, competition is the way to go....

Don't you love the the way they said in that email "Make sure your postage is reasonable" when now on this global shipping program you don't really get a card for under $28 postage out of the states. This one was the worst I seen, The global shipping wants $118 for this one card worth $4. Its just f***in robbery.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2013-14-...3?pt=US_Basketball&hash=item20dfbe8451&_uhb=1

DAMN!!!! 118 haha. Thats like more expensive then shipping a case haha.

i dont bother bumping on gumtree. just copy the text from the original add, and post a new add with the same text and pics.. just delete the old one.

i dont bother bumping on gumtree. just copy the text from the original add, and post a new add with the same text and pics.. just delete the old one.

Gumtree has some weirdos though lol. When I post an add there I get some strange replies and shady people wanting me to pay via bank deposit without evidence of owning items lol. Nothing tops craigs list though haha old dude pretending to be chicks to scam credit card details out of men.

I hear your frustration and went through exactly the same situation...I rang and messaged and argued every relevant point and I got a thousand different answers ranging from--"its out policy for international transactions" to "we are so sorry and this shouldn't be happening because you are a power seller/top rated seller"...
some of the staff when I rang made a case for me to have the holds over turned due to my great record and then nothing happened, even managed to talk to a supervisor on US ebay who basically told me to stop enquiring about the funds hold as its policy and wont be overturned, funny thing is "their policy" differs from ebay representative to representative, so in a nutshell you will get different answers everytime you enquire...
one point that I hammered home and they could never ever give me a straight point on was--why are my funds being held if you released $800 to a transaction over in Germany a month before? most of them dodged the question or when I backed them into a corner said that they must of made a mistake and one representative went as far as saying --"I cant see such a transaction here" then I gave them the item number and they all of a sudden said it apperared, but can't give me a reason why this has happened....
SO in short, from what I could make about the whole situation is"
-You will need to do about 20 odd transactions before you are deemed "not a risk" anymore
-You should on every transaction send full tracking, it doesn't matter that it is a $2 item you have to send registered and when it has been tracked to the point of origin and signed for and in the system you will have your funds within 48 hours
-Unfortunately it is irrelevant even if you do get positive feedback you still have to wait the 21 days or the period of time from which they get notified that it has been received by the buyer via being signed for/tracked...

Paypal sucks
my wife opened an account last wednesday and i transferred from my paypal account $100 dollars into it she now has $320 in it from a few bets on sportsbet they wont transfer any of it to my account until a prepaid visa card is verified which on one page says it takes 2-3 working days to verify on another says it takes 2-4 days to verify still waitng today for a 4 digit code to show up on the prepaid site to verify account.so they will let you deposit money but not withdraw it.she has rang them several times with no joy.still cant access any money. talk about playing interest field.Hate paypal its F--ked up ebay for small sellers. Paypal sucks hate it.whats the bet she dosent get code for the 4 buisness days.also tried doing small tranfers back to my acc $50 $100 and still wont work even though they can see that i had transferred money into her acc and she explained i was her husband still no joy F--k paypal.
Brian (ps money was won on the mighty 1point bulldogs)

Back
Top Bottom