Afl Trade Week

It wasn't up to the Eagles which team they were to trade with. The choice of team was entirely Judd's.

No, it was up to the Eagles. In fact there was a rumour that the Eagles and Tigers would do a deal much like the Rawlings thing that happened a few years back.
Richmond would send picks 2, 18 and 19 to Eagles for a no name player so the eagles would refuse to deal with carlton and Judd would end up in the pre-season draft. The Judd camp then told the Tigers it'd cost them $2MIL a season if that deal went through. They pulled out.

judd is a fantatic pick up for 3,20, kenndey what a bargin being a carlton fan i am happy
judd was always going to the blues and the eagles wanted kenddey and a top pick so they can get cotivn masten or palmer wa boys

just glad this judd crap is over,carlton have a had how may top picks over these last few years?and yet what have they done....."0" zero...yes they have gibbs,murphy but in the long run there going no where and ill eat my words if carlton win a flag in the next 5 years!

cheers

Brisbane Lions receive Pick No.14 from Collingwood for Cameron Wood.

Brisbane Lions receive Travis Johnstone from MelbourneFC for Pick No.14

Well Bailey has already had his way; getting rid of Johnstone for a pick, as well as dumping Ward and Wheatley, the retirements of Bizzell and Pickett, will see the Demons looking much different next year.

To Metallica and Nenjabin in particular, but everyone, what do you think the Dee will be looking to load up with in the Draft?

Brisbane Lions receive Pick No.14 from Collingwood for Cameron Wood.

Brisbane Lions receive Travis Johnstone from MelbourneFC for Pick No.14

Well Bailey has already had his way; getting rid of Johnstone for a pick, as well as dumping Ward and Wheatley, the retirements of Bizzell and Pickett, will see the Demons looking much different next year.

To Metallica and Nenjabin in particular, but everyone, what do you think the Dee will be looking to load up with in the Draft?

Key positions. Mainly defenders. Dire need! Sure Weatley is gone? Hadn't heard that, heard Godfrey and Ward.

Key positions. Mainly defenders. Dire need! Sure Weatley is gone? Hadn't heard that, heard Godfrey and Ward.

Thats who I meant; Godfrey not Wheatley.

I can you you needing key positions players; Neitz and Robertson arent close to ending their careers, but whats going to happen with Rivers, Miller, Ferguson? Young Frawley strikes me as someone who is going to make a key position his own in the next few years, and Newton looks half decent.

Do you Miller, Rivers, Ferguson leaving Melbourne this week, or staying in the red and blue for another season?

A pacy midfielder would be in the mix as well I would have thought, especially now Johnno is plying his trade elsewhere.

Thats who I meant; Godfrey not Wheatley.

I can you you needing key positions players; Neitz and Robertson arent close to ending their careers, but whats going to happen with Rivers, Miller, Ferguson? Young Frawley strikes me as someone who is going to make a key position his own in the next few years, and Newton looks half decent.

Do you Miller, Rivers, Ferguson leaving Melbourne this week, or staying in the red and blue for another season?

A pacy midfielder would be in the mix as well I would have thought, especially now Johnno is plying his trade elsewhere.

Agreed, pacy midfielder, but Johnno was hardly that, especially without the ball!
Apparently Miller has had offers/interest but we don't want to give him up which I believe is a good idea. Rivers should slide back in, but he's not a big enough body for a key key forward, more of a floater. Same with Fergie and even Carroll to some extent.
Frawley has NO body right now, but agree, very promicing :) Our forward line has very little or no issues except maybe structure.

Here is what i have heard.....
Lions - Hadley has gone to the Blues for Pick 52
W Bulldogs - Power has gone to Kangas for pick 48
Saints - look to be the real winners out of the week with only 10 minutes to go only giving away picks 26 and 90 and getting 3 premiership players in Adam Schenider, Sean Dempster and Steven King, also Charlie Gardiner.

some guy called in to sen and said cats gave them away for pick 90 and then they will use pick 90 for the father son in the pre season draft?

cheers

Richard Hadley to the Blues, nice pickup. but i dont know why we didnt concentrate on getting a decent backman...

do saints management think its 2000 again? Gardiner and King were 2 of the best ruckmen in the league then, now they are not :( but for pick 90 Steven King is a good pickup i guess

Back
Top Bottom