Absolute newbie at grading - should I grade my Kobe E-X2000?

yosemite

OzCardTrader
Real Name
paul
Hi All
Sorry complete newbie to the forum. This was from the very last set I ever collected back in the mid to late 90's and one of the few cards I still have.
Just Curious on whether you think it is worthy of sending it to BGS to get graded?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
kobe.jpg

kobe2.jpg

just food for thought, these are the 2nd toughest grade cards ever made behind the PMGs.

Yours definitely looks centered which is a good start, but its the egdes, and surface (especially the clear window) that often destroy these grades. Often things you cant even tell by the eye.

Just a warning.

But who knows? you might get a 10 and get $20k for it. I bought a PSA 9 for $5k because high grades are so rare.

Might be worth a punt. It'll cost you $200-$500 depending on shipping and insurance etc but could give you thousands...

But if it comes back an 8 or lower, it'll basically be worth the same it is right now.

why do you want to grade it?
The cards I have left have sat in the same box for the last 20 years- safe to say I am not a collector anymore.
I figure its a good time to sell them. From my limited knowledge of the hobby today this was the one card which I thought was worth taking a punt on grading to maximise return.

The cards I have left have sat in the same box for the last 20 years- safe to say I am not a collector anymore.
I figure its a good time to sell them. From my limited knowledge of the hobby today this was the one card which I thought was worth taking a punt on grading to maximise return.

fair enough, need to know the reason to help decide best option

id say PSA, once they catch up on their huge backlog. They are bringing in some great new tech and are the leaders in the grading industry at the moment and foreseeable future. At the moment they only have the $300 per card and up service while they catch up but after that you could do it for a more reasonable cost. You would see best return this way.

also consider consigning it once done and you will reduce your risk amd increase your audience. Probstein, PWCC, Goldin Auctions.

Back
Top Bottom