A big decision for me to make

Should i play for the seniors or stick with the 18's?

• Stick with 18's and have a chance for comp B&F

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • play a few games with the seniors

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

AndrewG23

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
andyg2350
As some of you know, i play for an under 18's footy team (Taylors Lakes). now, recently i have been playing really well. i definetly know that ive polled a total of 4 competition best & fairest votes, in 2 of our 4 games played this season. the other 2 games i could have gotten votes also.

But, heres where my decision comes in, our senior team want me to play for them for a few games. I would like to but i feel it may spoil my competition best & fairest chances.

im stuck between 2 choices:

A. play the rest of the year with my team, the under 18's.
B. play a few games with the seniors and possibly spoil my chances for competition best & fairest.

any suggestions?

thanks,
andy.

I say go with the team you have the best chance of winning with. To me, being best and fairest isn't as important as winning a grand final. First you win the grand final, then you get the women.. ;)

I say go with the team you have the best chance of winning with. To me, being best and fairest isn't as important as winning a grand final. First you win the grand final, then you get the women.. ;)

well, its not every day you see a ruckman win best & fairest;) obviously winning the grand final is heaps more important than winning B&F, and not just for the girls, lol.

Well mate i sorta had the same thing happen to me, i ending up playing ones and playing off in a Under 17's Grand Final.

So its good to get Senior Experience. But its your choice, i chose to play a couple in the ones and yeh the rest is history lol.

are you going to be Under 18s forever?

im not going to be under 18's forever, this is my last season before seniors. thats why this is a tough decision, its my last year U18's and its my last chance to win a B&F, something ive just dreamt of. ive got heaps of chances with the ones in the upcoming years.

id say stick with under eighteens your going to seniors next year anyhow so it wouldnt matter if you went there now or next year.

Stick with your U18's team. Loyalty in footy is a pretty important thing, and I'm sure your teammates would rather have you by their side than shuffling off to play a couple of Senior games...they may not be as glad to have you back in the U18's when you return. Having a game or two in the Seniors could also have you put up as a 'target' for the opposition to throw some dirty cheap shots at. But I'm sure you can take that and look after yourself. Stick with your boys, bring home a B&F and a GF!!!

mate go to the seniors,my opinion,best and fairests dont really matter,playing in a team of great blokes matter more the the little rewards, they will take care of them selfs,and if you keep playing im sure you will win one or more as your future goes on,nothing wrong with going up to the seniors as a young bloke,and im saying that because my footy was cut short from injury,but at the end of the day mate its your choice,go with ya heart

goodluck

cheers

its always good to get some senior games under your belt early on. gives you an idea of what its gonna be like and would mke you pick yopur game up even more. but in the long run its all about what you feel is right for you.

I would (and did when it happened to me) move out of Under 18's, but I hated everyone I played with in juniors; you probably have a few mates in your team and enjoy playing with them.

Playing 1sts at a young age (I started playing 1sts and 2nds when I was 16, ahh the beauty of a small country town) can be good, but as some of the other members here have said, you can leave yourself open to cheap shots, especially if you are a stringbean playing a key possie (i played as a full back/tagger).

Also have a think about why your good in under 18's. Is because you are taller than everyone or because you have quite a bit of talent?

If its only because you are tall, playing 1sts will show if you are actually any good against people bigger than you.

If its cause you run rings around the other ruckman talent wise, playing in the 1sts would be a good chance to further your development. a good example of this is 2 guys i played under 18's with; one played seniors at 15 and was 6'6, and the other never made it to 1sts and now plays in the AFL.

Anyways, good luck with it and well done with the season so far

well, i made my decision. i decided to stay with the 18's. we played today and what happens? we won by 97pts and i shared best on ground again:p

thanks for all your comments and suggestions everyone.:wave:

Mate if it was up to me, I would look at the reason I play footy.
Is it because I have apirations to play AFL - If I did I would move into the seniors for my progression.
If not - I would stick with the 18s if I enjoyed playing for the team, have a few mates and just having fun :)

Back
Top Bottom