2023 Select New Release July 2023

I mean look at the positives...... at least you didn't get any GWS cards.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Seems I was lucky then, the outlier given many other results. Really wanted to like this release, but if Select can find a way to screw something up, they make it happen.
IMG_1149.JPG

I will admit that I really like the design of the base card much more than the rest of those inserts. They overcooked the foil on them and the Signatures should have the refractive holofoil on them instead of the matte gold finish.

My biggest gripe with the cards is, select have clearly acknowledged there is an issue with the gems damaging the backs of the cards above them, by adding the thin spacers.

But these spacers aren’t thick enough and about half of my cards that have sat above a gem have a clear indent on the back of the card

i wonder if box sales will go down with some of these junk boxes

jesus i'm scared to open mine tonight

Scared Cardi B GIF

Nah, because people will gravitate to breaks.

This is probably the worst thing because people will rather pay $50-$100 and get their team in breaks as opposed to risking it for GWS and GC cards

2 boxes @ $614ea, lucky to have a total of $500 worth of cards in them. Christ
Welcome to the new world of select, where each year we get closer to NBA, go buy a box of nba cards for $1000 sometimes lucky to have $50 of value it’s just a huge gamble, select are no longer worried about the collectors just the breakers now

Welcome to the new world of select, where each year we get closer to NBA, go buy a box of nba cards for $1000 sometimes lucky to have $50 of value it’s just a huge gamble, select are no longer worried about the collectors just the breakers now

Not far from the truth, we had a happy-ish medium for a while, but this release has really sucked the life out of me.

Not far from the truth, we had a happy-ish medium for a while, but this release has really sucked the life out of me.

Needed to sell to a breaker and wait for singles to plummet and then buy the lot.

It's no fun, and i love breaking boxes, but i am very risk averse

I mean if they want to do a release that suits breakers more then great, but don’t do everything to suit them I look forward to what legacy brings now

I still can't believe a $600 release doesn't have a guaranteed auto!

That's a no break for me. I might be able to bend one day and break my Supremacy boxes, but I don't think i ever would with this stuff

Back
Top Bottom